• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

I've a also just checked in to one of the newly renovated rooms. Initially impression is that the rooms are hugely improved... amenities are great and the space given by the Murphy Bed is brilliant (there's just two of us sharing a bed, so great to have the table as an option).
The biggest worry and criticism so far is the floor - I think this must be hard for the staff to keep perfectly clean. The floor was absolutely filthy when we first arrived and after five minutes my feet were almost black! The floors looked clean to the eye, but not to the bare foot. I think a lot of this small dirt and debris would normally be hoovered up on a carpet or at least kept at bay...

I just checked into a newly remodeled room at pop century! Cast member checking me in said they just opened today.
:thanks:
Wow. That's awesome! The shower looks great. I love the cubby in the shower wall. Not very deep though. LOL.

Okay, so the cabinet holds a safe. Not sure I like that, or the two shelves, but at least we know what we are dealing with.

ENJOY YOUR STAY!!

Not a fan of the sliding shower doors. Impossible to keep clean in hotels. I like the "extra" space of the curved shower curtain rods. But I like the rest of the room. Awesome they are finally open.

I've a also just checked in to one of the newly renovated rooms. Initially impression is that the rooms are hugely improved... amenities are great and the space given by the Murphy Bed is brilliant (there's just two of us sharing a bed, so great to have the table as an option).
The biggest worry and criticism so far is the floor - I think this must be hard for the staff to keep perfectly clean. The floor was absolutely filthy when we first arrived and after five minutes my feet were almost black! The floors looked clean to the eye, but not to the bare foot. I think a lot of this small dirt and debris would normally be hoovered up on a carpet or at least kept at bay...

Thanks for your report! Weird about the floor being so dirty.

Thanks also to Gasman.

I would love to hear more about the new rooms. But I know you all are actually in the middle of a Disney vacation-! So enjoy!!!!

It could be since you are first, the rooms were not cleaned properly. No secret my thoughts on these, especially if vinyl plank. I've stayed in expensive hotels with them and won't go back. They are not easy to clean, they scuff easily and if there is a grain all kinds of dirt will be caught. I think Mousekeeping is going to tire of it as it's more back breaking than a vacuum. Will bet they barely touch it if it looks clean and in this case they probably looked clean so they didn't mop them. Great start.

And that said ............ I'm putting it in my kitchen :eek:

I am thinking they didn't properly mop after construction. Probably after a few days of cleaning, I would think that initial "construction" dust will be gone. I would leave Mousekeeping a note asking them to mop tomorrow.

I just checked into a newly remodeled room at pop century! Cast member checking me in said they just opened today.
I see an ironing board. Where'the iron?

I never have to iron my clothes, are my girls' clothes, I think it's the bit of lycra in the fabric, etc. But my husband's always has to be ironed. His shirts are just cotton.

Eeek. Odd since you're probably the first one to stay in the room. Did you wear your shoes for a while? We don't walk barefoot in hotels, but I guess whatever we do wear at Pop will be thrown out if they get that dirty. Either that or I'll be bringing my WetJet. :scratchin

I got "Join this group to see the discussion, post and comment." :confused3

Same for me. I'm sure pictures will start popping up all over the place over the next few days. Maybe someone who can see the pictures on the FB page could ask the person to come over here and post them...or ask if *they* can copy them and post them here.

Ha ha - I came back from the Mk fireworks to find tons of questions! I will try to answer them all before I hit the sack for the night. Sorry that I don't know how to copy the great list of questions My son is a cast member and he booked us the room about two months ago. He did not request a renovated room so I think we just got lucky I think the floor is laminate. My floor was not dirty but if these floors hold dirt it will show up in the white bathroom floor! The middle nightstand is open with no doors. Both night stands have USB ports. The space between the closet and sink is a little wider than the ironing board. There is an iron in a small cabinet next to the sink. Pretty sure the tub walls are tiled. The air vent aims toward the door and not the beverage center so yes it clears it fine. A twin air mattress should fit. I think the Murphy bed is queen also but not positive, sorry, and I am not going to open it tonight. Yes there is a coffee Pot. There don't seem to be many people here so I can't address the noise. This room is on the 4th floor of building 8 in the 1990s. And unfortunately I am checking out tomorrow so I only get to enjoy my one night here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 586
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 582
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 587
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 589

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter