• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Somewhere way back in this thread (I think it was here and not the main POP FAQ thread) one of our posters was at POP and spoke to someone involved in construction who said they would go backwards through the decades and bldg 2 in the 50s would be last.

@FinnsMom7 is talking about Preferred Pool View rooms, which are all in the 2 60s buildings specifically facing the Hippy Dippy pool, so I can see them all being unavailable for booking at the same time. I think there are roughly 120 total Preferred Pool View rooms out of 2880 rooms in the whole resort.

I'm curious if the PPV rooms will still be unavailable in early 2018 when next year's rates come out. They may block them out for a few months until they have a better idea of when those buildings will be closed.
!

Ive booked a room for jan through DFTW and they gave me the option of prefrred pool view but i just booked standard. Of course that doesnt mean anything except that the person i spoke to didnt know anything?

I still want to know what's behind the double doors in the dresser. :confused:

I still maintain that's where the safe is going.

In the new CS rooms the safe is between the beds behind a door in the beside table. Since Pop doesn't seem to have bedside tables (more like cubbies) I really think the safe will be in the bureau under the TV.

Unless they put it in the wardrobe - assuming that's what the large square in the bathroom area is. But that would be taking up a lot of space in a smallish piece of furniture.

A lot of assuming and guessing on my part. And you know what they say about making assumptions.... :rolleyes1

Someone needs to get into one of those rooms!

Such a small thing, yet makes so much difference to the look and feel of the room. Disney taking cost cutting to new lows.

I like the look of the runner also. But we do always take it off the bed and then we don't know what to do with it.

Then I read someone on here say that they use the runner so that they can lay on the bed with their shoes on and not get the sheets dirty. So that really makes me not like the runners. I don't think that's the purpose of them. Dirty shoes do not belong on a bed.

The runners are meant for decorative purposes only.

I really like the pop of colour the runner adds too! Sadly they were removed as so many guests were packing them and taking them home (aka stealing them) that they were constantly having to replace them. ☹️

What? Really? Wow. I thought they just removed them because people just leave them on the floor to get them off the bed.

What are you supposed to do with the runners when you're sleeping? They don't stay on the bed. They always end up on the floor. And now that I know that people use them as shoe mats I don't even care to touch them.

Last edited:

Such a small thing, yet makes so much difference to the look and feel of the room. Disney taking cost cutting to new lows.
Or you can consider it cost efficiency in order to provide more income for its shareholders.

Guests looking for a pop of color could always lay out a line of colorful clothing near the foot of the bed. That'd alleviate some of the possible lack of storage :D
still maintain that's where the safe is going.

In the new CS rooms the safe is between the beds behind a door in the beside table
The nightstand between the king bed and the beverage center has a door, although that picture could be one of the original test rooms. Hey, maybe the doors in the dresser hide a pull out work surface!

The nightstand between the king bed and the beverage center has a door, although that picture could be one of the original test rooms. Hey, maybe the doors in the dresser hide a pull out work surface!

I was hoping that's what the skinny drawer under the coffee maker would be!!

I just checked into a newly remodeled room at pop century! Cast member checking me in said they just opened today.

OKAY .....
- Is the floor vinyl or laminate?
- Does the middle nightstand have doors or open?
- Plugs, what is the square to right of 2 plugs?
- Are there USB plugs at each nightstand? Is that the square I see?
- Space between closet and sink (by iron board) looks tight, is it?
- Shower ... is that tile work or a fiberglass type wall?
- Can you shoot one towards sink to see whole vanity?
- Can you shoot towards front door?
- Let us know how the sound travels during your stay!!
- Did they move air vent or does it clear beverage center okay?
- Thanks @mickey1968 - Will an air mattress fit with murphy bed down?
- Thanks @wifeofjh - Is it a handheld sprayer in the shower or stationary?

AND WHAT SIZE IS THAT MURPHY BED MATTRESS?????

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter