Pop Century Post Refurbishments - Tub or Shower, Queens or King?

Thanks so much! Did you happen to notice if your room had grab bars beside the toilet and in the tub area? My understanding is that the rooms with the flat opening are handi-accessible rooms.

When I saw the door was different, I was expecting to open and find an accessible room, but 1169 was definitely a regular room.

3122 two queens with a roll-in shower with grab bars and a grab bar by the toilet. No adjoining room.

The roll-in shower was less than ideal. It was extremely small. I had to sit sideways on the pull down seat When I tried to face forward, my knees literally rubbed against the wall. The seat itself was made of mesh and sagged. It was fortunate that I can stand and walk a few steps because there was not enough room to bring my power chair into the shower and do a transfer.

Accessible room
Queen/Queen Table (both lower so not under the bed storage)
Transfer Shower (although booked as a roll-in shower was actually smaller so could only roll up to the bench and slide on to it, not big enough to get chair in and turn around)

@scrappinginontario Thanks so much for pulling this info together. I'm going to refer to it as I make a list of rooms to request. Combining it with info from TP lets me identify rooms that are shower only and are non-connecting (which seems to be almost unicorn-like in rarity).

Last edited:
I asked on a couple of Pop Century Facebook groups about which rooms people had that were Shower only. Here are the rooms that people responded with that weren't already on the list. I double checked against TP to see if 2Q or 1K. All of the responses were for 2 Queens.

Bldg 10
0401, 2 Queens, Shower only

Bldg 1
1101, 2 Queens, Shower only
1136, 2 Queens, Shower only
1158, 2 Queens, Shower only

Bldg 4
4463, 2 Queens, Shower only
4472, 2 Queens, Shower only

Bldg 6
6264, 2 Queens, Shower only

Bldg 9
9141, 2 Queens, Shower only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter