• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Labor Day Weekend 2015

brazzledazzler

DIS Veteran
DH & stayed at Pop Century over Labor day weekend this year. Neither of us had stayed at this resort before, but we have both stayed at other value resorts when we were kids. Our most recent stay was in May at CSR.

As a value resort, I have to say that Pop Century is my favorite. It has the same vibe as the All Star resorts, but I really liked the fact it had its own dedicated bus and if you missed your own bus, you could always take AoA and walk over the bridge.

The food we had was good, DH had the tie-dyed cheesecake and said it was yummy & I had an AMAZING milkshake in the food court. Unfortunately, like all value resorts, there aren't any lounges or TS dining to hang out at. We didn't eat anything at the resort besides those desserts, and opted instead to eat at other places at WDW.

The computer pool was very refreshing and very quiet. This was a slower weekend to be at Disney, and we were able to go into the pool with few other people in it.

We stayed on the 4th Floor of the 80s building; we had requested a top floor and king bed, but ended up with 2 doubles. The rooms were updated, and we had no issues with the double beds. I read reviews on DISboards in which visitors complained about "double beds" as though they are very tiny, but DH and are healthy-weight and average-height and had no issues sleeping on the double beds.

The best part of the resort, was watching the fireworks from DHS from the main building/pool area. A great way to end a night!

Overall, Pop Century is a good resort for a short stay, or if you plan to spend everyday in the parks.

I was there too!!! I stayed in the 90's. It wasn't my first time there but it was my first time over the bridge to see AoA and I fell in love with their splash pad!

The food at the food court is decent it's nothing to write home about but it's not horrible either. I had dinner there a few days but mostly breakfast. I'm not a big fan of where their beverage dispensers are. It's prone to a lot of traffic since it's right at the exit of the registers. I didn't get to use the big theme pool but I was at the kiddie pool since my son is only two.

Overall I've never had any complaints with any of the value resorts or pop century.

We just got home on the 5th, after a week there (our first time ever at a value, just me and DD). We also loved it! The bus service was great - never a long wait for a bus at all! Food court was fine. Room was great, actually it was better for function than the deluxe resorts we've stayed at for two people! I loved the curtain between the bathroom and bedroom.
We both said we'd return!
Wish we had taken the time to swim; I just wanted to do too much at the parks. We upgraded to annual passes, so are going in March (Swan on points) but hope to go for 2 weeks next August maybe! Two weeks there would be ideal! It's so fun.
Oh, and the tie dye cheesecake - looks cool (and bright, so makes you wonder how it is). Well, it was amazingly good, and I don't normally like cheesecake!

I love Pop Century! It's the only resort I stay at. To be fair, it's also the only resort I've ever stayed at so it has sentimental value I guess haha. I usually try and get a room in the 60's building so I'm close to the bridge and AoA. Land of Flavors is a nice option too if your not in the mood for some of the Everything Pop dinning options.

I also just got back from staying at Pop for the first time (Sept. 3 - 7). I also enjoyed my stay! It was my 1st stay in a value and for for the price I paid ($300 total for the 4 nights) it was a great deal. The room was the perfect size for my 4 night solo trip. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean! I was in the 90's building on the 1st floor facing the parking lot though I had bushes in front of my view. At 1st I was a little disappointed because I had requested a 4th floor room in 70's. However I found the location to be perfect and very quiet. 2 min walk to transportation and to dining hall! I was worried about being on the bottom floor, but only heard sounds from above 2 x and a few people walk buy at one point.

The food in the food court was pretty good. The 1st day I did the make your own salad. Did pizza the next night and though I am not a fan of thick crust...it wasn't too bad. I also had the rotisserie chicken dinner and that was pretty good!

I walked by the computer pool a few times and there was only ever a handful of people there.

I would stay here again for my shorter trips!

It's also a great resort for a long stay, or if you plan to spend many days hanging out by the Hippy Dippy pool. :hippie:

After a week, my DD and I wished we had two weeks there! We enjoyed it so much.
Matter of fact, we're going to see how we can stretch a trip to at least 10 days next August!
For just the 2 of us, it was great. If DH was along, we'd feel crowded I'm sure.

We just got back from 17 days and everything was smooth sailing as usual. The first week it was a bit more crowded since the soccer thing was going on. But the parks and everything were great and so was pop we will be beck. Next year for another 17 days. We booked bounce back.

We have stayed there for many years now and consider it our home away from home. It is easy to get to, close to epcot and HS, Typhoon Lagoon, disney springs, etc. The food court can be crazy at times but it moves and has decent food. I also like the store and the ability to ship packages from the store that I've bought on site to home.:flower:

My only complaint was on Sunday 9/6, when it was raining most of the day. If DH & I were at a mod or deluxe, we would have preferred to leave the parks and go hang out in the lounge. But, considering it was a short trip for a good price, Pop Century worked great for us. The view of the HS fireworks was a real treat!

All Star Music had its own bus over labor day. It did not stop at any other resort. Maybe that changes for crowds. Our room was just as good as Pop. I can't really tell the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter