Pool usage question

sstafford75

Earning My Ears
I am staying at the Polynesian in late May. I will be there with a group of 9 total. Part of our group is staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Can the kids come over from the Wilderness Lodge to swim at the Polynesian without getting thrown in Disney Jail? I've tried to find an answer to this, but have had no luck. Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

Great question! It's true that pool hopping is not allowed, but I'm truly not certain that this wouldn't be an exception. After all, if the kids came to stay in your room at the Poly for a night or two--would they then be allowed to swim in the pool?

If I were you, I'd call the Poly directly and see if this would be a problem. If they say it's no problem, just get the name of the person you spoke with, and let the disney jailers know that you spoke to so-and-so at the front desk who let you know it would be all right.

At each pool at Disney there is a sign stating that the pool is for the use of that particular resort's guests only. However, sometimes Disney will allow you to have guests at the pool. Don't bother calling ahead, that person has absolutely no say in who gets to swim or not swim. You need to ask the lifeguard the day you want to swim together. That person will tell you either yes or no, and what they say goes.

It will depend on how busy the pool is at the time. The Poly pool is pretty small, so too many extra guests would be a bad thing for all of the people staying at the Poly.

Thanks for all your help. It would be two 6 year olds and a 5 year old. I don't remember it being an issue when I was a kid, but that was along time ago and it seems Disney has changed quite a bit. I think asking the lifeguard sounds like a winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter