pool question-specifially slides...

palmtreelover08

DIS Veteran
As a single Mom of an almost 6 year old, it is difficult to be both in line with my child at the slide, and at the bottom of the slide, waiting to "catch" her. I've noticed at Saratoga Springs, Coronado Springs, and the Boardwalk, you cannot "watch" your child climb the stairs to the slide, and still be in the pool. I've stayed at the Beach Club..and that too has a giant slide that you can't watch your kid go up..When your child goes up the steps, you lose sight of them. I realize they have some "baby" slides at Saratoga and the Beach Club..but she is alittle big for them. As a nervous Mom, it gives me a pit in my stomach when I lose sight of her..then she has to stand in line...and I wait and wait and wait for her at the bottom. There are too many wierdo's in the world..ya know what I mean. Anyway, Are there any resorts that have pools with slides you can actually see up the kids walk up to the top of the slide? :laundy:

I know at boardwalk there is a lifeguard at the top of the slide, don't know if that helps but I have never felt that my kids were unsafe waiting their turn for the pool slide. You can see them from your "waiting position" at most slides. At AKL you can't see them on the steps but you can see them when they reach the top. I always watch to make sure there is no bullying or pushing going on.

I sent my 7 year old dd up the Poly slide alone.

We hung out at the bottom waiting for her & up she went again. She made a friend so they kept going up & down together.

The first time I went up with her & after that she wanted no part of me being there.

I haven't stayed there yet (in August), but check out pictures of CR's pool. It looks more like an exposed slide, so you could watch your children as they went up. I know how nervewracking that can be. When our little guy goes on a slide either I or my DH goes with him and one stays at the bottom. I couldn't imagine with some of the enclosed or more hidden slides what one parent would do. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter