PolynesianBride'sPJ 12/6/10 Sunset Pointe- TEASER PICS UP!

I LOVE your card- very nice and great idea!.....:goodvibes
Thanks Tammy! Glad you like it! Not as creative as alot of people on here but it was a good first project!:cool1:

So on to flowers...

So since I'm an Escape bride I believe I am limited to choosing from the 5 bouquet styles offered... but that I am allowed to change the colors in bouquet as long as the color is available for that season. Some of these pics I have borrowed from these boards so if it's yours-:worship: Thanks!

My favorite flower of the moment is green cymbidium orchids:lovestruc
boquet2.jpg

I plan on wearing one in my hair and maybe adding a few to the cake... as for my bouquet though this is not one of my options. And since my flowers are one of the only chances I get to pull color into my wedding (since I don't have bridesmaid dresses, etc) I want a bit more color and I plan on going with the tropical bouquet...
tropicalboquet2.jpg

tropicalboquet.jpg

The standard bouquet has green dendrobium orchids, green cymbidium orchids, orange roses, and burgandy mini cala lillies.

What I'm going to ask for is no green dendrobium orchids(only cymbidium orchids), change the burgandy cala lillies to mango (i think that's what they're called) cala lillies, and change the orange roses to fuschia roses. Do you think they'll do this?

In the end it should look something like this...
LisaGoldeelox9.jpg

but instead of white cala lillies- mango ones like in this boquet (is there a more accurate name for this color cala lily than mango?)...
couturewedding.jpg

Here's a pic of just fuschia roses and cymbidium orchids...so just imagine the mango cala lillies and a little tropical greenery
boquet.jpg

I also really like the 2 tone roses in this boquet... does anyone know what they're called... I would maybe mix some in with the fuschia roses...
flowers10.jpg

Here's some more inspiration pics that have elements of things I like...
boquet3.jpg

flowers3.jpg

flowers9.jpg

flowers8.jpg

flowers6.jpg

flowers.jpg

flowers2.jpg

And if we were having a big reception and had a lot of money to spend on decorating the tables :rotfl2: it would look something like this...
inspirationpic.jpg

great flower choices, I think they will work perfectly with your escape wedding, I love green orchids too, they are a little different then standard white and they will work perfectly with the tropical feel of the Poly!
I have a folder of things I would love if I had the budget of ohhh something with 6 figures:rotfl: , maybe in my dreams right!

great flower choices, I think they will work perfectly with your escape wedding, I love green orchids too, they are a little different then standard white and they will work perfectly with the tropical feel of the Poly!
I have a folder of things I would love if I had the budget of ohhh something with 6 figures:rotfl: , maybe in my dreams right!

Maybe you'll win the lotto :confused3 and then you'll be glad you have that folder:cool1: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: Just think of me if that happens:scratchin

So when we were at Disney last month there were a few wedding purchases I just couldn't resist!

Since we are getting married in December I thought it would be nice to give everyone an ornament to remember our special day by. I found these for 50% off:cool1:
003-1.jpg

008.jpg

I plan to take silver paint pens and personalize them with our monogram and wedding date or with each guests name... I can't decide. They actually have people at Disney who will do this for you but I'm going to try my creative hand at it and try to save some money. The ones they do are quite artistic... I think I'll just try to keep it simple. I have a few more than I will need so I can practice.

I also fell in love with these bags to make welcome bags with. They are just so bright and fun and... Disney!
004-1.jpg

I love all the little classic Mickey's if you look closely!
005.jpg

Unfortunately these were not 50% off... but I did get 10% off for using my Disney Rewards card... plus the points you earn on it. DF is not crazy about these but I didn't really figure the guys would be the ones carrying them around anyways:lmao: I think it makes a great beach bag and want to give something nice to our guests since they are traveling to Disney for our wedding. At this point we plan to put a folder with all the wedding info in these, along with Mickey ears for everyone (I would like to have them all personalized if I have some spare money:rotfl:), and we also plan to put a refillable mugs for each of our guests in here as well. Here's a sample of what this years mugs look like.
006.jpg

Just those things will make it pretty pricey but luckily we'll only have 16 of us... so 8 bags. I had originally wanted all sorts of fun things in our welcome bags like personalized towels and t-shirts but DF thinks this is more than overkill already- so we agreed on just the mugs (bc we know the guests will use them) and ears (bc it's classic Disney and we want everyone to wear them for our "rehearsal" dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo). I'm sure I will find some other small Disney tokens on sale to sneak in though:rolleyes:

woah ive missed out on all this already..! eek!

I love that photo of you both at the sea with the sunset in the background... its so romantic!!

All of your plans... you seem soo organised!! i havent read through properly yet, but i will tomorrow at work, heh, so i will send another message when ive read through everything. i just wanted to say everything looks so good at the moment..!

woo hoo for you!! :flower3:

okay so ive read through your PJ and im gald that you are happy now after all you have been through. Its so nice that your DF was patient and really wanted to show how much he was comitted to you!

Love the photo of your DF and your Dad! Its so nice to know of their approval. I love the idea of having a casual wedding, and especially if you have a casual white dress with those bright colourful flowers!! It would look so pretty!

I know what you mean when people, like mums keep trying to invite others along- i am having trouble- we only want the max of 40 people because we will struggle to pay for 40, yet alone more! Hehe! Its nicer with small, intimate weddings, its more personal for the bride and groom- to have your day and share it with the most important people that will be there for you in the future. I have heard of weddings that have had hundreds of people there and it hasnt been enjoyable for the bride and groom because they didnt know anyone.

I love your plans so far, and i will take your tip of buying some things at Disney when we go there in March- if they are on discount- so i could start building up welcome bags.

I love the save the date cards you made! We are going to have to do something similar- because we have another family wedding that will be in Jamaica 3 months after ours so our family will be torn on whos to go to- so we want to get out some save the date/ engagement cards like you- just to let guests know when the wedding will be!

polynesianbride: Maybe you'll win the lotto and then you'll be glad you have that folder Just think of me if that happens

It's a deal! Have you seen the show on WE tv called My fair Wedding? It's hosted and planned by David Tutera (the guy who makes all the Disney "Couture" weddings). Those wedding are insane! They are easily above 6 figures, I saw one in the 7 figures! crazyness!

I love you welcome bags, the mugs are a great idea too! I used my mug non-stop when I go down to WDW! I am going to put together some small packets for our guests too so it is nice to see all the cool stuff you are finding! :wave2:

okay so ive read through your PJ and im gald that you are happy now after all you have been through. Its so nice that your DF was patient and really wanted to show how much he was comitted to you!

Love the photo of your DF and your Dad! Its so nice to know of their approval. I love the idea of having a casual wedding, and especially if you have a casual white dress with those bright colourful flowers!! It would look so pretty!

I know what you mean when people, like mums keep trying to invite others along- i am having trouble- we only want the max of 40 people because we will struggle to pay for 40, yet alone more! Hehe! Its nicer with small, intimate weddings, its more personal for the bride and groom- to have your day and share it with the most important people that will be there for you in the future. I have heard of weddings that have had hundreds of people there and it hasnt been enjoyable for the bride and groom because they didnt know anyone.

I love your plans so far, and i will take your tip of buying some things at Disney when we go there in March- if they are on discount- so i could start building up welcome bags.

I love the save the date cards you made! We are going to have to do something similar- because we have another family wedding that will be in Jamaica 3 months after ours so our family will be torn on whos to go to- so we want to get out some save the date/ engagement cards like you- just to let guests know when the wedding will be!

Thanks for reading Stacey! I have been following along with you as well! I'm not really organized... I've just been engaged forever already... and I still have over 22 months to go!:lmao: Hopefully I don't completely change all my plans before then and decide on an all white wedding or something and then be stuck with all my bright colorful things I bought:rotfl2: Definately send out some engagement/pre-STD's... I wasn't sure if I should or not but just seeing it writing seems to have cleared up a lot of people's questions... and now no one can say I didn't give them PLENTY of notice:rotfl:

It's a deal! Have you seen the show on WE tv called My fair Wedding? It's hosted and planned by David Tutera (the guy who makes all the Disney "Couture" weddings). Those wedding are insane! They are easily above 6 figures, I saw one in the 7 figures! crazyness!

I love you welcome bags, the mugs are a great idea too! I used my mug non-stop when I go down to WDW! I am going to put together some small packets for our guests too so it is nice to see all the cool stuff you are finding! :wave2:

Thanks Samantha! We are total mug people and make a point of drinking soda til we burst when we're there... I don't know what David Tutera would say about my mugs:snooty: but I would drop all my plans in a second for one of his weddings:cool1: I wish I got the WE channel because they are apparently doing a special on Disney weddings and featuring a DISbride with a Couture wedding... I would love to see that!

So I have escaped the horrible Minnesota weather this week (there were three days last week where we didn't even hit a "HIGH" of zero:crazy2: ) and I am visiting my parents in sunny Naples, FL:beach: I have now been engaged for almost 10 months and haven't tried on a single wedding dress! So... my mom and I are going to go on Monday and start the search! Wish me luck- I'll take pics:bride: if they'll let me!

So... I was posting on another thread about my plans for a lei exchange ceremony so I thought I might as well add it to my PJ. I don't know all the details of how all this will work yet but here's what I have so far...

Here's some ideas for a lei exchange ceremony...
http://www.alohafriendsluau.com/lei_exchange_ceremony.html

"Giving someone a lei symbolizes the love, affection, and respect you have for the person you are giving the lei to. Having a lei exchange is beautiful way to express your eternal love Hawaiian style on your special day. It is customary to give a kiss on the cheek when adorning someone with a lei."

They have suggestions for incorporating this into the ceremony with either bride and groom exchanging leis, parents each presenting their child with a lei, in-laws presenting lei to bride or groom respectively, or the entire family exchanging leis, etc. At this point I am leaning towards my parents presenting a lei to DF and his parents presenting me with one... I think it is a nice gesture of us becoming a part of the others family.

We then hope to get lei's flown in from Hawaii. This isn't near as expensive as I expected... the only problem will be where to have them delivered as they need to be refridgerated and spritzed periodically with water. I don't know if the Poly would be able to help me with this or maybe Disney Floral... but this could cost me as much as having them shipped:rotfl: I may try an outside florist as well. Details, details...

Anyways, if you just search Leis you will get tons of links but this is my favorite so far...
http://www.hawaiiflowerlei.com/section.aspx?pid=wedding
They have a deal for wedding parties where you get 10 leis (5 orchid and 5 Ti leaf) for $89... you can get the purple or white orchids (I will probably do white so it goes with whatever people wear- we don't have a wedding party so these will be for our parents, brothers, and grandmothers)
weddingpartyleis.jpg

Then I will probably get something like this for DF
groomlei.jpg

and I am undecided on what I want for me yet since I don't have my dress but maybe something like this
bridelei.jpg
or
bridelei2.jpg

A few other random ideas on how to pull our whole tropical theme together...

I love this presentation for the rings... since we won't have a ring bearer we will probably have our moms or our brothers carry these and place them on the table with our sand ceremony stuff...
rings.jpg

This is a link to some alternate invites... they are actually painted real coconuts...
http://www.coconutgreetings.com/index.html
InvitationsWeddingBoxLayout.jpg

invitewedding083.jpg

I love these but don't know if I will use them as they are pricey for my budget ($22 each if painted... $11 each if you paint them yourself) I would probably mess up on so many that I may as well have paid the extra to have them paint them:lmao: Plus I'm sure shipping adds up on these bad boys.

I love the idea of the lei exchange ceremony, very unique and very fitting for your venue(the ones pictured look beautiful)- what rich colors....the ring presentation idea is neat too and the painted coconuts look cool but that is a little pricey....keep the ideas coming. enjoying your planning! have fun!:goodvibes

So... I was posting on another thread about my plans for a lei exchange ceremony so I thought I might as well add it to my PJ. I don't know all the details of how all this will work yet but here's what I have so far...

Here's some ideas for a lei exchange ceremony...
http://www.alohafriendsluau.com/lei_exchange_ceremony.html

"Giving someone a lei symbolizes the love, affection, and respect you have for the person you are giving the lei to. Having a lei exchange is beautiful way to express your eternal love Hawaiian style on your special day. It is customary to give a kiss on the cheek when adorning someone with a lei."

What a great idea! I look forward to exchanging ideas and reading the rest of your report!

love the lei idea! I was just checking out the website you posted and they look gorgeous:flower3: ! Are you going to use orchids as a theme to your wedding? I bet that would be beautiful! Keep us posted, I love all yoour plans so far!:thumbsup2

I love the idea of the lei exchange ceremony, very unique and very fitting for your venue(the ones pictured look beautiful)- what rich colors....the ring presentation idea is neat too and the painted coconuts look cool but that is a little pricey....keep the ideas coming. enjoying your planning! have fun!:goodvibes
Thanks! I really love the coconut idea but at that price it's a no go:sad2: Maybe I'll find some cheaper somewhere and be able to paint them myself:upsidedow

What a great idea! I look forward to exchanging ideas and reading the rest of your report!
Thanks honey! So exciting to have another bride planning a tropical wedding reading along! How are your plans coming?

love the lei idea! I was just checking out the website you posted and they look gorgeous:flower3: ! Are you going to use orchids as a theme to your wedding? I bet that would be beautiful! Keep us posted, I love all yoour plans so far!:thumbsup2
Thanks Samantha! We will definately be having lots of orchids at our wedding... they'll be in my bouquet, in my hair, on the cake, orchid leis, and I think I'll just get some loose ones to have scattered around as well! I just love them and they go with the tropical feel of the Poly so well! It looks like you're looking at having a party at Shipwreck beach for your rehearsal... I can't wait to see what ideas you come up with... so I can steal thempirate:

Wow I love it... The Lei's are beautiful.
Thanks so much! I am excited... I haven't seen any brides do this before but hope it turns out!

So I've been engaged for almost 10 months now and haven't tried on a single dress. I am visiting my parents this week and my mom and I are planning to go dress shopping tomorrow! I know this is highlight for most brides but yesterday I started to freak out a little about this:scared: . It was hard enough finding THE perfect dress the first time around when I could pick ANYTHING but now I feel like there are all these "rules" dictating what type and color dress I am "supposed" to wear. The first time around I had the big white princess dress and I loved it but now the idea of wearing a dress like that makes me want to vomit:sick: I am excited about our casual tropical theme, and think I will feel much more comfortable in a slightly more casual gown but I still want a dress that makes me look stunningprincess:

Then I got worried because last time around a tried on one ivory dress and I remember thinking "ivory is supposed to look good on pale skin tones but this does nothing for me:sad2: " plus I think my flowers would really pop more next to a white dress:flower3: Then I started to get really mad :headache: because it just doesn't seem fair that because my ex made some poor decisions... and I have aleady come through so much... that it still has to spill over into my happily ever after and dictate what type of dress I can wear for my real prince charming:sad:!

So I posted on the main board for some support and opinions :grouphug: and it seems that the "rules" are more acceptable to break now. And it turns out that white wedding dresses didn't even originate as a sign of purity but as a sign of wealth::yes:: . It seems the only thing really reserved for first time brides is a blusher veil (I'm planning on just a few orchids in my hair so this is a "rule" I can live with). So I am feeling a little more hopeful and am determined to have fun tomorrow and focus on finding a dress I LOVE and not worrying too much about what my dress is "supposed" to look like.

I went online and finally found a dress that doesn't make me want to vomit at the thought of wearing it...
DemetriosGR133.jpg

It is an actual bridal gown by Demetrios and yes... it's ORANGE (well more so coral)! This surprised me because I don't usually wear orangish colors (I like the color but not on me) but I think this is STUNNING! I don't know that I would feel enough like a bride in it but it also comes in white and ivory. I think it finally got me over my wedding dress phobia and got me thinking about what sort of things I really like and want to look for. I'm not sure about a neckline yet... probably either strapless or a v-neck. I LOVE ruched/draped fabric so I will definately look for a dress with this. I want something more form fitting but NOT clingy. I also think a sweep train will look best. Here's another dress I LOVE...
anjolique.jpg

This one I love as well but can't make it any bigger for some reason...
JennyLee.jpg

Same size issue with this one but love how it's a little sexy...
KleinfeldCollection.jpg

Here's a few more I like...
Amsale-10889.jpg

Jim-Hjelm-11235.jpg

Kirstie-Kelly-for-Disney-10725-Jasm.jpg

TaraKeely.jpg

So wish me luck tomorrow! I am going to bring a camera and will take pics if they'll let me- I'll let you know how it goes!:thumbsup2

ooh i hope that you can take photos!! i was so dissapointed that i wasnt allowed to take photos because of copywriting.. but try your hardest, and even try and get your mum to take a photo on her phone sneakily!!

i love your ideas!! that are sooo funky!! it will be a really tropical and fun wedding!!! its gonna look beautiful!! love them coconut invite ideas, its so different and i would never think of anything like that. if i was a guest recieving the coconut invite, i would be like, 'wow'!! i see they are pricey, but i would try and stretch my budget to have them, they are nice keep sakes too, they are such a great idea!!!!

Soooo... we went dress shopping today. Here's the summary: it started very disappointing :guilty: but in the end I found a dress I love:thumbsup2 ... but is out of the budget:sad2:.

So I'll start at the beginning... we got on google and found 5 dress shops in the area. The first one we got to had gone out of business... I was really disappointed because this one is listed as having the Demetrios dress I really wanted to try on. So we headed on to the next store and apparently they are only open on the weekend... which is when everyone goes dress shopping- we were trying to beat the crowds so this backfired. So I decided to call the other places before we drove there which I should have done in the first place:rotfl: Well I found another one that had gone out of business and another one that was only open on the weekend. So I called the last one on my list that I knew was by appointment only and only carried high end gowns... this was not really a place I wanted to go but after all my freaking out I was going to try on a wedding dress TODAY::yes:: Luckily they could get us in so we grabbed some quick lunch and headed over.

They have no dresses out on the floor that you can look through here... you tell them what you like and they pick them out of the store room for you and have you try them on. So then they ask me how much I want to spend... telling me they have 3 price ranges which range from out of my budget to WAY out of my budget. I had been thinking I wanted to try to get a dress for under $1000 but the range started at 1200 I think:lmao: So since this was clearly going to be just for fun I told them to keep my range under $2000. They brought out tons of dresses but none of them were even close to THE dress... sure they were pretty dresses and I would like a certain part of this one or that one but nothing close. The first few dresses were fun just because I was trying on wedding dresses but my mom and I were quickly getting bored.

I think the clerk realized we were losing interest so she brought the store owner back and she asked me some more questions about what I liked and didn't like about the dresses and then she comes back with 3 more dresses and says "these are a little out of your range but I think you'll like them". The first one was just ok again. My mom and I are soooo bored by this time and just wanting to go. The next one I was going to tell them I didn't even want to try on because it looked so blah on the hanger... but then she turned the dress around and I loved the back... and then I put it on and I was in LOVE:love:. I saw my mom's eyes light up and we both just knew it was the ONE! Unfortunately they wouldn't let us take pictures:sad2: And unfortunately it is more than double what I had wanted to spend on a dress:crazy2: but I LOVE it. I can't even believe I am even considering spending this amount of money on a dress I will wear ONCE! It does not look like a first time bride dress and is very appropriate for an encore bride but still has that WOW factor I really want. The "ivory" is too dark for my taste almost a taupe but the white is a beautiful pearl color which is not a bright white and was actually a little darker than some "ivory" fabric swatches from other designers. I found a picture of the front of the dress online and it does it no justice at all... plus you can't see the back which is the part I love. It is by Ramona Keveza.
RamonaKevezaL903.jpg

Like I said this picture does not do it justice and the back is what really makes the dress. I so wish my mom could have snuck some pictures with her cell phone but she is horrible with any sort of technology. It is quite low cut in the back but not completely backless. The material in the back just gathers and flows in this way that is just beautiful and it has just the perfect length of a train. I don't really know how to explain it as I've never seen anything like it before!

DF called on the way home and wanted to know how it went. I told him I found I dress I love but that it cost too much. He asked how much so I told him and he said... "Oh you should have just told me they all cost that much:confused3 I never would have known:rotfl: ". I also talked to him about the anxiety I had been having over the dress color... first he says "aren't white and ivory the same?:rotfl: " So I explained to him there are all different shades from bright white to ivory that has a hue of yellow or taupe to it. He said he couldn't believe I wasn't planning on wearing a white dress and that he would be really disappointed if his bride wasn't wearing a white dress down the aisle:bride: So some form of white or lighter ivory it will be! Then later tonight he sent me a really cute e-mail saying he would rather have me buy an expensive dress I love than a more affordable dress that I don't like as well... I knew I loved this man for a reason! I am going back tomorrow to try the dress on again as my aunt is coming to visit and I need another opinion... and I just want to put it on again:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter