Polynesian Resort Room or Villa Studio?

We wrestled with a similar question (Beach Club standard view resort room vs Poly studio), and we selected the Poly studio. Granted, we have four in our party and not two. It'll be me, DH, DS18 and DS15. With two teenage boys, the draw of two bathrooms won out! :)

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a magical vacation!

As a Poly DVC owner, I realize I'm biased, but with 2 people, the DVC studio will feel much more spacious than a resort room. The studio has just the one queen bed and and a sofa giving the room an actual living space. The two showers/sinks are a great bonus as well. The kitchenette isn't particularly marvelous, but at least you have a real sink (albeit a tiny one) and a microwave.

Steve

With two in my party, I’d choose the studio all day as long as the price was close. Having two bathrooms is the best, plus I prefer the colors in villas to the Poly greens although I do love all the Poly rooms I’ve stayed in.

If the two of you plan to share a bed and a queen bed works, either will be good. But if you plan to sleep in different beds or need something larger than a queen sized, you don't want the villas. There is only one queen bed and one queen sleeper sofa (plus a bunk sized murphy bed).

We wrestled with a similar question (Beach Club standard view resort room vs Poly studio), and we selected the Poly studio. Granted, we have four in our party and not two. It'll be me, DH, DS18 and DS15. With two teenage boys, the draw of two bathrooms won out! :)

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a magical vacation!
With two in my party, I’d choose the studio all day as long as the price was close. Having two bathrooms is the best, plus I prefer the colors in villas to the Poly greens although I do love all the Poly rooms I’ve stayed in.
The Poly Studio has 2”bathing spaces” but only ONE TOILET. IT is Not 2 real bathrooms.

The Poly Studio has 2”bathing spaces” but only ONE TOILET. IT is Not 2 real bathrooms.
Two showers is still nice for getting ready and having the ability to shower while someone uses the toilet in a different bathroom is also a plus, IMO. But thanks for the correction.

Another benefit to the DVC studio is that it’s a shorter walking distance to the TTC and Epcot monorail than the regular rooms. OTOH some complain about the ferry horns - we didn’t notice them.

Another benefit to the DVC studio is that it’s a shorter walking distance to the TTC and Epcot monorail than the regular rooms. OTOH some complain about the ferry horns - we didn’t notice them.

Sorry to hijack !! Am I correct in thinking the DVC studio buildings at Poly have a balcony/patio on floors, unlike the regular Poly rooms ??

Thanks

Sorry to hijack !! Am I correct in thinking the DVC studio buildings at Poly have a balcony/patio on floors, unlike the regular Poly rooms ??

Thanks
That is not correct. The regular Polynesian rooms have patios on the first floor and balconies on the third floor. Some buildings do not have a balcony on the second floor.

All of the Poly DVC rooms on the second and third floors have balconies. First floor rooms have patios.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter