Poly vs CR ?? HELP!!!

I'm not forgetting it. I was listing what the other 2 have. I know CR has Sammy Duvall's, but with all due respect, it's very expensive. I don't think the boat rentals honestly is a huge plus for any deluxe resort. All the moderates have them as well.

Of the 3, the GF is the only one with a Spa and tennis courts. If that's important, then it's a huge plus. Not sure if GF has bike rentals, but the Poly does.
Another thing the Contemporary has is a hair salon on the 3rd floor located by their fitness center, so it's something else they have in common with the Grand Floridian.

About the cost, why is it more? I suppose I just assumed that all dlx *cheapest* rooms were the same cost.

Now hubby is talking about him wanting to stay at Pop just to save the $$. BAH!

Ok so let me throw this question out there. It is $1000 more to stay at CR than Pop. Ok, I know one is value and one is dlx, so the differences are there. But how much do they matter? Monorail vs boat? Rooms vs...smaller rooms I suppose. Im just wondering if I shouldn't be so stuck about a dlx this time or if I really should do it at least this once...since we've never.

Is it worth the $1000. We don't seem to be resort people...as in, we dont spend much time at all at the resort doing anything. We love to be in the parks as much as possible. So? What do you think?
In addition to the location for deluxe resorts they offer comfy queen beds.

I actually like Pop Century. Your kids would probably love it too.

I've stayed at Pop, Poly, and CR. For me it would be hands down Poly. We only did one night at Pop and while the theming of the resort was cute we were pretty cramped in there for that one night. The rooms are very small, double beds, a little noisy because the doors open to the outside etc.

Between the Poly which I've stayed at 3 times and the CR which I just returned from on Wed. I would pick the Poly especially if you would be getting a wing room at the CR. We have always done the basic garden view at the Poly and we did the wing room at the CR. At the Poly no matter where I am I feel like I'm on vacation. I enjoy the walk to the main building to the TTC for the Epcot monorail etc. At the CR the walk was boring and sterile. When we left the tower I felt so detached from Disney, almost like I was going to a hotel off site. The rooms were like any other hotel room. The Poly rooms have the whole Tiki theme so I felt the theming even there. We had 3rd floor rooms in Aerotola and Rapa Nui and the monorail drove right past. We loved to sit on the balcony and eat breakfast watching the monorail go by. I really missed that at the CR. For my stays the CR and Poly have shared busses so transport time was about the same. Never were they overcrowded and they were fairly timely.

As for whether to go value or deluxe for me personally I think the monorail hotels are worth it. We really don't spend a ton of time at the resort either but to be so close to the MK and Epcot by the monorail saves a ton of time versus taking the very overcrowded buses for the values. And there's nothing more Disney than walking around your hotel and looking over at the Castle and Space Mtn!

Just want to add that there is a great website out there that gives you everything you want to know about the Poly with great pictures too:
http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

I've stayed at both the CR (stayed in wing rooms, tower, and 12th floor), and the Poly (stayed standard GV and LVC). I like both resorts. When our kids were little they loved watching the monorail come through the CR, and loved the game room. The CR also has Chef Mickey's as well as the California Grill :-)lovestruc). The walk from the CR to the MK is great, and being able to walk back to your resort instead of having to wait for buses or monorail is also:thumbsup2.
The grounds at the Poly are absolutely beautiful. There is a Poly pics thread on this forum, and the pictures are incredible! Transportation choices are better at the Poly(although I do miss the walk to MK ;)). The Poly has Ohana and Kona cafe-2 great restaurants, as well as the Neverland Club. The main pool is really nice (CR main pool is getting a facelift this year), but can get crowded.
As far as it being worth the $$$$ to stay at one of the monorail resorts, as someone else stated, only you can decide if it's worth spending the additional $$$$. Have fun deciding :)

Just repeating - be sure to check out Tikiman's new Polynesian website! It will answer ALL of your questions and show you LOTS of pics!

My DH worked overtime to be able to stay on the monorail in a deluxe with queen beds. He said it was worth every blood, sweat, and tear to him. I looooove the Poly because if I am going to be in Florida, I want the topical feel to my resort. I love walking in the evenings with the tiki torches lighting the way.The restaurant options are wonderful. My 3 children loved the volcano pool and being able to see the castle from the pool changing colors along with the Wishes fireworks is priceless IMHO. Best of luck with your decisions. We are headed back to the Poly in October and cannot wait!!:cloud9:

Right now staying at the Poly in December is holding me over until (hopefully) 2011 when we celebrate our 20th Anniversary in Hawaii. Until then - it's the next best choice.

While I haven't stayed in either - I suspect that the Poly would be more relaxing after a hectic day at the parks

HELP!!!!!!!! Im sure this has been asked before....

We are about to book our Dec trip (next week) and I have been all for CR since our last Dec trip. BUT now Im looking at Poly pictures and Im wondering if that would be a better choice?

Problem I see with Poly, I dont see where it screams dlx like CR does. We would be getting the cheapest of rooms no matter where we are. So even at CR we will be a little ways away...not in the tower rooms.

I love the Hawaiin theme... and I just know none of the pics I have seen do it justice. Can anybody help me with pros and cons...haven't been to either so I need some experienced advice!!!

(Oh #1 reason we want dlx is the monorail and to have that pampered feeling that we are so not used to ;) lol )

We had the same decision last year when we were deciding between the two hotels. The Polynesian won out and we're glad it did. The atmosphere is compared to none. It is the best hotel for kids as well as romance. No pictures do it justice. We took some and when we got home and looked at them on the computer it was nothing at all like being there. Go with the Poly and you'll never stay anywhere else again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter