Poly Theme Park View and want balcony : What to request?

DJ Disney Kid

Walt Disney World Vet
I've paid for a Poly theme park view for our honeymoon in May, but I've read that some of the buildings don't have real balconies you can walk out on. What building should I request that would give me the best odds or do all the theme park views have rooms with real balconies? THanks!

Tahiti...plus they have larger rooms! It's also very close to the TTC. The walk to the GCH isn't bad at all. Are you staying CL? If so, then Hawaii is your only choice. We had 1st floor and really enjoyed being able to walk right out of our room onto the beach.

Happy Planning!

I would make your only request a balcony room if that's what is important to you.

There are three floors. The second floor has the "fake" balcony. The first floor rooms all have patios. The third floor rooms all have actual balconies.

There are three floors. The second floor has the "fake" balcony. The first floor rooms all have patios. The third floor rooms all have actual balconies.

Except the newer longhouses which have balconies on the 2nd floor as well. TPV rooms--non-concierge--would be in Aotearoa, Tuvalu, and Tahiti. Aotearoa and Tuvalu have no balconies on the 2nd flr. Tahiti has balconies on the 2nd and 3rd flrs.

I agree with PPs...just make your only request to be for a full balcony:thumbsup2

We stayed theme park view club level in August. We got the second floor. I asked if we could change and they said there was no availability. I have to say I was disappointed. We did not enjoy it as much as we would of if we would of had a balcony to sit on. Plus, our sliding glass door was filthy. It seems it would of been hard to clean b/c the way the "fake" balcony is set up. All in all, I would not pay for a theme park view again unless there was a way I knew I had a balcony. Who wants to stand inside the room to enjoy the view? Would much rather be sitting on a balcony.

I'd request Tahiti, all rooms have balconies except first floor has patios. And they have theme park view rooms, and a secluded beach.
Also close to TTC path.

We stayed in the Tahiti building in Sept. booked a Lagoon view. I requested a first floor room or balcony & was given a first floor room :cool1: It was so great being able to walk right out onto a virtually private beach. Our entire week there we only saw one other person on that stretch of beach. We also have an 8 yr old so I enjoyed allowing her to step out onto the patio or grass to play and tumble around. I personally loved the patio over the balcony & we have had a balcony on 2 of our other stays at the Poly.

Check out this website... http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/... it has lots of info on each Longhouse. I think Aotearoa has a mix of GV and LV, but no TPV. I could be wrong:confused3 One side faces the monorail, the other side faces the GF.

According to his site, Aotearoa has a handful of TPV rooms. 1st flr: #1221 2nd flr: #2218, 2219 3rd flr: #3218-3220, 3222, 3223 Aotearoa has one side facing the monorail and the other faces the lagoon. The majority of rooms are classified as garden view though and there are a few lagoon view as well. There are only 2 TPV rooms in this longhouse with no patio or balcony.

I stayed in a garden view facing the lagoon in 2009. It was awesome. We could see the castle thru a wispy tree. Incredible view for garden price.

I would request Tahiti - Room 2020. This is the room that we lucked out with on our very first trip to Disney. Awesome view!!

I would request Tahiti - Room 2020. This is the room that we lucked out with on our very first trip to Disney. Awesome view!!

I totally agree! Stayed in Tahiti last February on the third floor and had an AMAZING view of MK as well as very easy access to TTC. Only drawback was that it is farther away from the Ceremonial House.

Enjoy your stay! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter