Poly standard view rooms

2tulips

Earning My Ears
Hi
We switched to the Poly from SSR for our May trip. They had standard rooms for the Stay Longer Discount and it came out to the same price almost as a 2 BR at SSR. Will I regret this based on the construction? I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and we decided to try it but I have read a lot of negative stuff about all the construction. We will still be able to enjoy the pools and food etc and proximity to the transportation options. I’m not super worried about the view but it does make me wonder if I made the right call! Has anyone been recently with this view that can let me know if it’s that bad?! Thank you!

Hi
We switched to the Poly from SSR for our May trip. They had standard rooms for the Stay Longer Discount and it came out to the same price almost as a 2 BR at SSR. Will I regret this based on the construction? I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and we decided to try it but I have read a lot of negative stuff about all the construction. We will still be able to enjoy the pools and food etc and proximity to the transportation options. I’m not super worried about the view but it does make me wonder if I made the right call! Has anyone been recently with this view that can let me know if it’s that bad?! Thank you!
We stayed at Poly in a std studio pre construction and loved it …going from a 2br to a studio is quite a change though I’d request Tokelau building

We stayed at Poly in a std studio pre construction and loved it …going from a 2br to a studio is quite a change though I’d request Tokelau building
Tokelau is DVC, so it depends on whether this is a DVC Studio or a regular hotel reservation.

TL;DR: If this is a DVC reservation, don't worry at all. If it's on the hotel side, request a longhouse on the eastern side of the complex (Rarotonga, Samoa, Niue).

The construction site is on the west (left) side of the complex, close to the Fiji, Tuvalu, and Aotearoa buildings. I've drawn a red box around the approximate area, below.

1712070737248.png

If this is a DVC Reservation, you'll be on the opposite side of the resort and experience ~zero impact from construction other than the walkway to the Grand Floridian (I believe) still being closed.

If you're in the Rarotonga, Niue, Samoa, or Hawaii buildings, you'd similarly have no impact. (I think Hawaii may be all Club Level though?)

If you're in one of the longhouses closest to the construction site, you might experience noise -- especially if you're facing the site -- during daytime hours. It probably doesn't matter if you're a park commando, but might annoy you during a mid-day nap.

Even the east-facing sides of Fiji may be fine; I haven't stayed in that building, but you really don't notice the construction much from the GCH/Marina/Pool area, which isn't too far from the Eastern side of Fiji.

Last edited:
I think some of the various Disney blogs have current photos of the construction, if you want to take a gander. Just google "poly tower construction". Based on what I saw, I'd feel comfortable rolling the dice with a standard/resort view room at the Poly

As long as you can live without the washer/dryer kitchen/living additional space of a 2-bedroom, the Poly is a magical/awesome resort! The location and theming is worth giving up those amenities, imo!

I would stay Poly! We stayed in Pago Pago last September on the DVC side. Like others have said the DVC side isn't impacted but we never noticed the construction while walking around the resort. Only noticed it on the monorail. :-)

We've stayed at Poly quite a few times over the past few years (during the construction). We've never had any issue with the construction. They aren't booking the rooms in Aotearoa and Fiji that overlook the new tower right now, so no matter what room you get, you won't be right on top of the construction.

After reading the OP's post, the POLY rooms they are looking at are, most likely, not DVC because the "Stay Longer Discount" is for regular rooms. I would pick POLY over SSR, especially since that is on your bucket list.

Thanks everyone! Yes, we would not be on the DVC side at the Poly. I will miss the washer/dryer but we are going to make the switch. I’m so excited! Even with a not so good view it will be so fun! Thanks for all your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter