POLY rooms question

mlbrv

Mouseketeer
I had booked a room for SAT & SUN night stay at the POLY with an offer code. After I booked we decided to stay FRI night as well and when I checked the rate for FRI night, it was cheaper than SAT & SUN.

I tired to rebook altogether for 3 nights but it wasn't giving me that better rate so I just booked a 1 night stay, then a 2 night stay. I wasn't understanding the rooms since I've never stayed there and I managed to book 2 nights in a "standard view" at the POLY and 1 night in a "deluxw studio-standard view" in the villas/bungalows.

Can someone explain the difference between the 2, is it different buildings? locations? is 1 "better" than the other? Not sure I should bother switching my reservation but as of now, I'll have to switch rooms after the 1st night.

Thanks!

Here is the information from Tikiman Pages which is a great resource for all things Poly. Longhouses that have rooms with the category Standard View are Samoa, Niue, Rarotonga, Fiji, Tuvalu and Aotearoa, Moorea (DVC), Pago Pago (DVC), Tokelau (DVC).

DVC buildings are villa/bungalow category. These rooms are different from "Standard Rooms" in Samoa, Niue, Rarotonga, Fiji, Tuvalu and Aotearoa due to their room layout. Some like the DVC room configurations since they include a kitchenette/kitchen and separate bathroom areas.

I don't think there is a "best," just what works best for your particular situation.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/the-resort/planning/item/60-which-longhouse

A Standard Room will have 2 queen beds and a daybed, a mini-fridge and a coffee maker. Second floor standard rooms will not have a balcony.

A Studio will have 1 queen bed, a sofa bed and a murphy bed. They will have a mini-fridge, small sink, microwave and coffee maker. All Studios will have a patio or balcony. They also have an extra shower.

The DVC units are over near the TTC. The Standard rooms are in most of the other buildings around the Grand Ceremonial House.

For the studio room, you should make sure that you're balcony/patio doesn't have a direct view of the TTC boat docks. People frequently complain about the horns on the ferryboats waking them up late at night and early in the morning.

If you're traveling with a lot of people, the extra shower in the studio may be a lifesaver, but somebody will have to sleep on the pullout sofa (which I've done and was quite comfortable, but YMMV).

For the studio room, you should make sure that you're balcony/patio doesn't have a direct view of the TTC boat docks. People frequently complain about the horns on the ferryboats waking them up late at night and early in the morning.

I'm actually a fan of the horns in the morning. It's quintessential Disney :)

I had booked a room for SAT & SUN night stay at the POLY with an offer code. After I booked we decided to stay FRI night as well and when I checked the rate for FRI night, it was cheaper than SAT & SUN.

I tired to rebook altogether for 3 nights but it wasn't giving me that better rate so I just booked a 1 night stay, then a 2 night stay. I wasn't understanding the rooms since I've never stayed there and I managed to book 2 nights in a "standard view" at the POLY and 1 night in a "deluxw studio-standard view" in the villas/bungalows.

Can someone explain the difference between the 2, is it different buildings? locations? is 1 "better" than the other? Not sure I should bother switching my reservation but as of now, I'll have to switch rooms after the 1st night.

Thanks!

I am not going to comment on the location or category because others already have done so. I would call and try to book the same category over the phone. You are there for 3 nights and will need to make a room change. For me, that would be my issue, not the view or room category. Sometimes the CM on the phone can help in a way that the website does not manage, and IMO it is always worth it to try that. Good Luck! If the category you booked with the code is sold out, that is an issue that can't be changed, but the CM may be able to add an additional night but not at the discount price. Two seperate reservations, but you may not need to swap rooms.

I am not going to comment on the location or category because others already have done so. I would call and try to book the same category over the phone. You are there for 3 nights and will need to make a room change. For me, that would be my issue, not the view or room category. Sometimes the CM on the phone can help in a way that the website does not manage, and IMO it is always worth it to try that. Good Luck! If the category you booked with the code is sold out, that is an issue that can't be changed, but the CM may be able to add an additional night but not at the discount price. Two seperate reservations, but you may not need to swap rooms.

Very good advice here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter