Poly or Contemporary?

CR or Poly

• Garden view garden wing at CR

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Standard view room at Poly

Votes: 21 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wintotty, you will not regret staying at CR. It is a wonderful hotel and we really enjoyed our stay. The convenience can't be beat and the staff was very nice. We are going to try something new this trip (either Poly or BC) but I would happily return to CR. CR is the only hotel that you can walk to MK from. The restaurants are great and the room was nice and big. It was also very quiet. Like so many others have said, you can't go wrong with either Poly or CR. Enjoy your trip!

CR is an excellent choice! One of my three favourite resorts in WDW!! We LOVE the proximity to the MK so that you can WALK to the MK. WE love the size and comfort of the rooms. We love the phenomenal views, the great dining choices, the easy transportation to all the other WDW resorts, being on the monorail and not having to line up for transportation with the crowds at the end of a busy day. We love watching the monorail go through our hotel. Even the furthest rooms are not far from everything.

Do not worry. the CR is a great resort!

Oh no, I'm no worried. We are planning to stay at CR garden wing.
We stayed at Poly, CBR, AK and mostly POFQ (last 3 times). I was choosing between BC and CR, and my husband wanted CR, so we can walk to/back from Hotel. Now I'm hearing some negative comments, I'm thinking i may have made a wrong decision.....

We went thru the same thing when we were planning our trip and decided on CR since we'd never stayed there before. And I also got worried because it seemed there were more negative comments than some of the other resorts, but since all of us Diser's have our own unique opinions, I decided to stick with the plan to check out the resort. I definitely don't regret anything, we had an amazing vacation, it's just next time we'd like to again try something new or return to one we know we love. If your hubby is looking forward to being able to walk back and forth from MK and the hotel, then CR is definitely fabulous for that. LOVED being able to do that!

OP, sorry for the thread jack.....I really enjoyed Poly when I stayed, wish we can go back someday.
If money is not a problem, I'd stay there!

Thanks for those reassured me for CR! We have 3 & 6 years old, and we still use double stroller so being able to walk to MK is major to us. DH doesn't have to mess with the double stroller like he usually does. Especcially MK and EP is our main parks to visit during our stay.

I love the Poly, it just feels more like a vacation for me with the tropical theme. That said, my DH and DD both preferred our stay at CR and BLT. It is really a toss up between the resort feel and the convenience of walking to the MK. The bottom line is you really can't go wrong with either of those choices.

constanze - Which Epcot resort would you try if you don't stay at Poly? I was convinced to book at the Poly, but now I'm thinking maybe Beach Club so we could walk to Epcot. We will have 2 days at Epcot and 2 days at MK.

Beach Club! Our favorite Epcot resort and they're almost finished finally updating the rooms.

To answer your original question, Poly! We've stayed both places, and the Poly is just a prettier resort. As long as most of the construction at the Poly is finished, that's my pick.

We are trying to decide between a standard view room at the Poly or a garden view garden wing room at CR. Those that have stayed there, which would you pick? We stayed at CR last year with a garden view room and loved it but are thinking we may want to try something new this time. However, the Poly is more expensive and I don't know if it is necessarily better. What do you think?
Hi
We stayed in garden wing and loved it too! However haven't been to poly yet, but have decided we are in August 2016. I figured we have a year to save. I will save the difference in price between the two so it shouldn't be a big deal. I have a side business so I put a certain amount away in an envelope every month. My husband pays the bulk of the trip so this would be my contribution which will probably go toward meals as we aren't counting on free dining but getting a discount. This may be our last trip or last trip for a while so we are going to splurge this time.

Contemporary has smaller rooms and I remember enjoying my time much more at Poly. We have also stayed at the Vacation Club at Bay Lake and those were some tiny pitiful rooms. I also like the scenery more at Poly.
We just got back from a stay at the contemporary and the room was rather large. Larger then most deluxe resorts.
I found the Contemporary rather quiet and the 10 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom was a bonus.
I love the theme of the Poly.

Oh no, I'm no worried. We are planning to stay at CR garden wing.
We stayed at Poly, CBR, AK and mostly POFQ (last 3 times). I was choosing between BC and CR, and my husband wanted CR, so we can walk to/back from Hotel. Now I'm hearing some negative comments, I'm thinking i may have made a wrong decision.....
We stayed in the Garden last week the rooms are large, it was very quiet and it is very close to the main building. The pool is very nice. We stayed on the ground floor so we had a nice little patio with two chairs. The walk to Magic is a short 10 minutes.

We've done both and like the Poly better. A tower room was out of our budget when we stayed at the CR and I just didn't like the trek to the main building and then having to go up 2 escalators just to refill my mug.

At the Poly we always stay standard view and I request Rarotonga so we are right next to the GCH and it is just so convenient.

We are trying to decide between a standard view room at the Poly or a garden view garden wing room at CR. Those that have stayed there, which would you pick? We stayed at CR last year with a garden view room and loved it but are thinking we may want to try something new this time. However, the Poly is more expensive and I don't know if it is necessarily better. What do you think?

We had planned on staying at Poly this summer, but stayed at CR because of the construction. We visited Poly during our trip and sailed by it on Bay Lake, and seeing all of the construction equipment and scaffolding made us very grateful that we booked the CR instead. We originally booked garden wing, but happily, we were upgraded to the tower. I don't think I would have been as happy in the garden wing. The tower was magnificent with incredible views of Bay Lake and MK. It didn't feel like an airport to me like others have said. It was sleek, modern, clean, and exciting. Our very large room on the 11th floor protected us from the noise, yet as we stepped out of our room, it was exciting to see the monorail and look down upon all of the activity at Chef Mickeys. Our room was both an oasis away from everything while very immersive in the WDW experience. We would stay there again.

We plan on trying Poly whenever we can afford to return to WDW. By then, hopefully there will be two completed pools and all of the construction will be finished. My only concern is the monorail. Being able to walk to MK from the CR when the monorail was down (3 out of 6 days) was very convenient. I don't know what transportation options were given to Poly and GF when it wasn't working. I really hope that Disney can put their extensive profits into either finally repairing or replacing the faulty monorail equipment before we return. Not having a reliable monorail was very disappointing for us.

Beach Club! Our favorite Epcot resort and they're almost finished finally updating the rooms.

To answer your original question, Poly! We've stayed both places, and the Poly is just a prettier resort. As long as most of the construction at the Poly is finished, that's my pick.

We loved the Beach Club, especially stormalong bay...If they could pick Beach Club resort up and place it outside MK instead of Epcot, it would be my favorite resort. Since it isn't near MK, my dream vacation would be to spend a week at CR or Poly to be near MK, then stay for two days at BC for stormalong bay and an easy walk into Epcot and boat ride to Hollywood for the one day we would spend at each of those parks.

We loved the Beach Club, especially stormalong bay...If they could pick Beach Club resort up and place it outside MK instead of Epcot, it would be my favorite resort. Since it isn't near MK, my dream vacation would be to spend a week at CR or Poly to be near MK, then stay for two days at BC for stormalong bay and an easy walk into Epcot and boat ride to Hollywood for the one day we would spend at each of those parks.

So, that is a really cool idea. I may just try that myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter