Poly Oasis Pool Seating

Jonell

DIS Veteran
i just read that now there will be a per day charge to reserve the covered seating areas at the Oasis pool.. I guess next we'll have to pay to reserve a lounge chair or a table by the pool..

There are only 3 cabanas, and there used to be more between the two pools, all of which were cash reservation. Depending on season, people were doing some pretty weird stuff to try to camp a cabana.

I think it's an exaggeration that tables and loungers will go to reservation.

Is this the new pool??
I hate it. It does not allow day visitors (not pool hoppers) to have a drink at the bar.

It also looks like an old Howard Johnsons.

MG

I wasn't expecting it with the kids, but it turned out to be the pool where we spent most of our time when we stayed at Poly. We liked the salt water (easier on eyes on skin), and the kids had a better time playing in it. It was easier to get a drink (either at the refill station or the bar :drinking1) while being able to maintain line of sight to both kids.

Quiet pools don't tend to be heavily themed.

(I used to stay at HoJo on our drives down in the 70s. So I may be biased!)

I wasn't expecting it with the kids, but it turned out to be the pool where we spent most of our time when we stayed at Poly. We liked the salt water (easier on eyes on skin), and the kids had a better time playing in it. It was easier to get a drink (either at the refill station or the bar :drinking1) while being able to maintain line of sight to both kids.

The quiet pool is salt water??

MG

The quiet pool is salt water??

MG
Yes!

It's really quite nice by the standards of Quiet Pools. Yeah, it's a basic pool, save the zero-entry with bubblers, the salt water, and the frequent guest appearances by ducks. But it worked great with the kids, and the bar service and refill station for the kids to get their pom-lemonade was much appreciated on 90-degree days.

Totally agree. The salt water was amazing as is the whole setup. I could easily spend more time there vs. the main pool.

Plus we had great service actually at your chair. Never had to get up for my next rum runner. :-)

Totally agree. The salt water was amazing as is the whole setup. I could easily spend more time there vs. the main pool.

Plus we had great service actually at your chair. Never had to get up for my next rum runner. :-)
And that service is independent of the cabanas.

I just don't see the cabanas at the pool as a mad money grab. After they removed them at Lava, a lot of people have wanted a cabana option. Oasis is small and has only 3. People were doing insane stuff to try to "reserve" them. It's actually easier on CMs, I expect, to be able to use the cash reservation to enforce, instead of having to deal with "those people moved my towels!" "Those towels were there 3 hours and they were no where around!" etc. etc.

And that service is independent of the cabanas.

I just don't see the cabanas at the pool as a mad money grab. After they removed them at Lava, a lot of people have wanted a cabana option. Oasis is small and has only 3. People were doing insane stuff to try to "reserve" them. It's actually easier on CMs, I expect, to be able to use the cash reservation to enforce, instead of having to deal with "those people moved my towels!" "Those towels were there 3 hours and they were no where around!" etc. etc.

I 1000% agree. If you're going squat your stuff in a popular spot and then leave for HOURS and HOURS before coming back, I'm GLAD Disney is charging you.

I'd see the same people go out first thing and put towels down on all of them.... only to not return until late afternoon. Sort of ridiculous.

Yes!

It's really quite nice by the standards of Quiet Pools. Yeah, it's a basic pool, save the zero-entry with bubblers, the salt water, and the frequent guest appearances by ducks. But it worked great with the kids, and the bar service and refill station for the kids to get their pom-lemonade was much appreciated on 90-degree days.
Wow.. didn't know that.

I just wish they had a portion of the bar accesible outside the pool gate.

MG

Wow.. didn't know that.

I just wish they had a portion of the bar accesible outside the pool gate.

MG

Normally I would agree with you on this statement, but I'll give Poly a pass on this because there are so many other places all very close to get a drink. Tambu Lounge, Trader Sam's, Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace, the main pool (which does have part of the bar out of the pool gate). You can also buy beer at Cap't Cooks. Arguably more options than most Disney resorts.

I agree....but I couldn't get my kids on board. They call the oasis pool the boring pool. That kids area did me in, once they saw that I could never get them to oasis again.

I had figured my kids would be inseparable from the Lava Pool, but it turned out they loved the drink machines. So. The ease of access was a huge winner for them.

They also liked the ducks.

Cabanas are going in at all deluxe resort pools and testing at the MK with other parks to follow. DHS has 1 1/2 acres planned for cabanas.

The ducks were cute til we were right next to them when they flew in and all started doing their business one time. I just couldn't get past that.

The ducks were cute til we were right next to them when they flew in and all started doing their business one time. I just couldn't get past that.

haha - I fell into a duck pond when I was young. Duck water is not something I've liked to be in since then.:crazy2:

I agree that we also liked the Oasis pool better than the bigger main pool (is that called the Lava pool)? We were staying in Tokelau and it was so convenient and the lounge chairs were spread out enough that you weren't touching your neighbors chair. I like a little privacy and it was nice that it was quieter. I was surprised to read that the cabanas were free up until now. We don't have small kids any more so "water features" aren't as important to us.... I also personally like the retro look. I thought it was a fun. We ate lunch at the bar one afternoon. It was pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter