• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Jet Skis and Small Jet Boats

Long Beach Mike

Mouseketeer
I'm heading out to Poly in early April 2018, and would love take my DDs (11 and 12 yo) on a jet ski or the small jet boats (1 at a time of course).

1) Can anyone give me their experiences renting these?

2) Can either the jet ski or jet boat accommodate 2 people? (I'm 5'9", 200lbs, and my daughters are about 75 and 100 lbs)

3) Prices?

4) If you are taking these personal craft out on your own (not on the guided tour which I think exists), how much of the lagoon are you allowed to ride in? When my wife and I rented these about 20 years ago I feel like I had free reign to go almost anywhere.

5) Is this something I will need advanced reservations for, or can I just walk up to the marina? With all the advanced planning of ADRs, FP, etc., it would be nice if this is something you can do on the fly :)

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

There are no jet watercraft at the Polynesian Marina. They rent them over at the Contemporary. If your a beginner on a jet watercraft they can be fun but they have them so they don't go very fast. The tour around the lake is guided and if you rent to ride unguided they have you in an area at the far side of Bay Lake. For me it was a little boring but I use to race jet ski's so I am use to going faster and not stuck in a small area.

We rented the water mice years ago and thought that they were fun, but as the pp said, the don't go very fast. As for fitting, they are small. The last time that we rode in them I was about a size 16 (~225 pounds) and had our DD who was ~5. We fit fine.

Thanks Tikiman and RangerPooh,

I guess I'm remembering riding them 20 years ago through rose colored glasses, or they just brought in slower boats and confined them to a smaller area. With so much to do (or just relax at Poly) it doesn't seem like the best use of our time.

I truly appreciate both your responses, I believe you saved me from dedicating a lot of valuable time (and $$$) to a so-so experience.

Tikiman, quick question - Why do I see water mice and jetskis in pictures of the marina at Poly if they don't rent them there?
Are those just for display, or perhaps older pictures of when they were rented at Poly?

I'm going to venture that they might be older pictures. With so much construction it is possible that things have been shifted around the resorts and confined to limited areas.

As for rose colored glasses, we use to rent them at WL and there were a few that were faster than the others. The attendants during our trips would inform us which ones had "more power" as we would buy the Captains Package or whatever it was called back then that allowed for unlimited rentals during your trip. It was fun to try out the variety of watercraft at our leisure.

I guess I could be reading this wrong, but on disneyworld.com is certainly seems with Sea Raycer's are available at all resort marinas, including Poly. I'll give the resort a call to confirm.

From DisneyWorld.com:

Chart a course for fun with a choice of powerboats available for rent at Walt Disney World Resort marinas.

motorized-boats-01.jpg

Pilot Your Own Adventure
Whether you have a need for speed or crave a relaxing excursion, we’ve got a boat just right for you. Cast off with your crew—enjoying theme park views and natural surroundings as you cruise our scenic lakes, lagoons and inlets.

Choose from a variety of watercraft:

• Sea Raycer by Sea Ray® – seats up to 2 Guests; $32 per half-hour
    Climb aboard and have a blast on these mini-speedboats. Drivers must be at least 12 years of age and at least 5 feet tall. Younger Guests may ride as passengers. Maximum weight: 320 pounds. Parent or guardian signature required for all drivers 12 to 18 years of age.

Marina Locations

I guess I could be reading this wrong, but on disneyworld.com is certainly seems with Sea Raycer's are available at all resort marinas, including Poly. I'll give the resort a call to confirm.

From DisneyWorld.com:

Chart a course for fun with a choice of powerboats available for rent at Walt Disney World Resort marinas.

motorized-boats-01.jpg

Pilot Your Own Adventure
Whether you have a need for speed or crave a relaxing excursion, we’ve got a boat just right for you. Cast off with your crew—enjoying theme park views and natural surroundings as you cruise our scenic lakes, lagoons and inlets.

Choose from a variety of watercraft:

• Sea Raycer by Sea Ray® – seats up to 2 Guests; $32 per half-hour
      Climb aboard and have a blast on these mini-speedboats. Drivers must be at least 12 years of age and at least 5 feet tall. Younger Guests may ride as passengers. Maximum weight: 320 pounds. Parent or guardian signature required for all drivers 12 to 18 years of age.
Marina Locations

There seems to be some confusion here. In your original post you asked about her skis and jet boats. As @Tikiman correctly stated, the Poly does not have these. However the Poly does have SeaRaycers, which are not jet boats so the WDW website is also correct.

I'm heading out to Poly in early April 2018, and would love take my DDs (11 and 12 yo) on a jet ski or the small jet boats (1 at a time of course).

1) Can anyone give me their experiences renting these?

2) Can either the jet ski or jet boat accommodate 2 people? (I'm 5'9", 200lbs, and my daughters are about 75 and 100 lbs)

3) Prices?

4) If you are taking these personal craft out on your own (not on the guided tour which I think exists), how much of the lagoon are you allowed to ride in? When my wife and I rented these about 20 years ago I feel like I had free reign to go almost anywhere.

5) Is this something I will need advanced reservations for, or can I just walk up to the marina? With all the advanced planning of ADRs, FP, etc., it would be nice if this is something you can do on the fly :)

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.
You can rent sea raycers ( little speed boats)at the poly marina. They are $45 an hour. You can drive them pretty much anywhere on bay lake or seven seas lagoon. If your twelve year old is five feet tall she can get her own ( parental waiver required) and the 11 year old can ride with you.

Thank you Dan's dad and gratefulfred!

Yeah, the confusion came from how I posed the questions. Again, thank you everyone for their input!

I'll likely wait until we get there and see how scheduling goes, and if time allows we'll give them a whirl :)

Tikiman, quick question - Why do I see water mice and jetskis in pictures of the marina at Poly if they don't rent them there?
Are those just for display, or perhaps older pictures of when they were rented at Poly?

I've never seen a Jet Ski parked at the Polynesian Marina and I was just there in July.

Hi Tikiman, your definitely right, there were no jet skis. I was confusing the terminology, I should have said the Sea Raycers, the small boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter