Poly Beach/Crescent Lake Beach-Open to All?

geminierin

DVC Member, calling the Poly "Home"!
My family and I will be doing a 10-day stay in June, staying at the PORFQ. While we're thrilled to try out the new Doubloon Lagoon splash area for the kids, on one of our down days (non-park days) we'd like to spend a little time on a beach, dig our toes in the sand. With the understanding that WE ARE NOT intending to use the pools at either resorts, can we just hang for a bit on the beach at the Poly (we have two different meal ADRs there) or on Crescent Lake beach in front of the BC? Again, not interested in the lava pool or stormalong bay, just wondering if there is access granted to the beach areas.
Thanks!

My family and I will be doing a 10-day stay in June, staying at the PORFQ. While we're thrilled to try out the new Doubloon Lagoon splash area for the kids, on one of our down days (non-park days) we'd like to spend a little time on a beach, dig our toes in the sand. With the understanding that WE ARE NOT intending to use the pools at either resorts, can we just hang for a bit on the beach at the Poly (we have two different meal ADRs there) or on Crescent Lake beach in front of the BC? Again, not interested in the lava pool or stormalong bay, just wondering if there is access granted to the beach areas.
Thanks!
Check out post 44 on this thread. http://www.disboards.com/threads/using-pools-at-other-resorts-faq-and-questions-new.3435293/page-3

Yes, you can access these areas easily. However, the beach at the Poly has a sign saying that the beach as well as the pool is for the use of Poly resort guests only. I'm not sure about the rules at the BC beach. The rule at the Poly is generally not enforced unless it is during fireworks and then sporadically, I believe.

You would probably be fine at the BC. I'm not aware of any rules against walking on/using the beach area there. FYI, I don't think that you are allowed to get in the water however. Hopefully someone else will post if there is likely to be a problem that I am unaware of.

You can't go into the water at any of the resort beaches, the water is contaminated with natural bacteria, it can be life threatening.

Just received this email from the Disney Mom's Panel,

Hi Erin,

The beach at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is my favorite place to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom! The music is piped in and you have an unobstructed view of Wishes.

You can absolutely hang out on the beach at the Polynesian Village Resort or Disney's Yacht & Beach Club. While you cannot swim in either location, there are lounge chairs to enjoy. Also, movies and other activities do take place here.

Wishing you a magical vacation!
Beth

Hi Erin,

The beach at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is my favorite place to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom! The music is piped in and you have an unobstructed view of Wishes.

You can absolutely hang out on the beach at the Polynesian Village Resort or Disney's Yacht & Beach Club. While you cannot swim in either location, there are lounge chairs to enjoy. Also, movies and other activities do take place here.

Beth

Yes, the Poly Beach IS a great place to watch Wishes from. However, the official stance of Poly Management is that the Beach is limited to registered guests of the Poly. They are intermittent with their enforcement of this.

Just so people are aware, yes it's a very good possibility you will have no issues hanging out on the Poly Beach when not a registered guest. But don't be surprised if you are not allowed. It does happen.

Hi Erin,

Beth

Just know that Disney admits the mom's panel gives out incorrect or outdated informations. Usually you can watch fireworks from the Poly and enjoy the beach no problem but if you go during a busy time especially the holidays and 4th of July they do restrict the beach to those staying at Poly only. Also at any point and time Disney can start enforcing the already in place rule that the beach area is for guest staying at the Poly as the sign says.

Solved the problem and booked an extra nite on club level at BC! No problems now!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter