POLL: Just for fun...when are you planning your next trip because of what’s going on and/or because of canceling of a current planned trip

When are you planning your next trip?

• Before July 2020

Votes: 51 13.4%
  • July 2020

Votes: 56 14.7%
  • August 2020

Votes: 70 18.4%
  • September 2020

Votes: 50 13.1%
  • October 2020

Votes: 41 10.8%
  • November 2020

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • December 2020

Votes: 34 8.9%
  • January 2021

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • February 2021

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • March 2021 or After

Votes: 66 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were supposed to arrive May 18th. It was my daughters HS graduation trip so were bummed about that :worried: Now were booked for October 16th at Saratoga Springs, which is a new resort for me. On the bright side, now we get to go to Halloween parties at MK and US and get F&W too... I just have to wait six more months :hyper:. Hopefully, that will be a nice way to spend the fall if things return to normal :bored:

p.s. Boy, it's heart wrenching to cancel 6 months of planning. Bummed were going to miss out on Marshall Tucker at Garden Rocks concert.
Halloween time is so much fun in disney🎃

I already had a trip planned for August, but we'll probably move it because the crowds are going to be so much worse with all the people re-booking before school starts. The heat is bad enough. Walking in ridiculous lines in the heat, is just not worth it to me. One or the other, but not both.

Am I being too optimistic to think parks might just open up June 1st?

We are scheduled for June 13th arrival and I planned to keep it until we officially hear plans end of April.

I had already booked for September and as of right now am still keeping the trip. As we get closer if things still aren't looking great I'll reschedule to next year - probably end of April/beginning of May.

Booked bounceback for September and hoping we can take the trip. If it isn't possible then we will move our trip to September 2021 😟

We were supposed to arrive on April 11th... 😔 I then rescheduled for mid-June, but just cancelled because I really don't think things will be totally resolved by then. So now we're planning to go before school starts - the week before Labor Day weekend. However, I'm open to an additional trip in the summer.

Am I being too optimistic to think parks might just open up June 1st?

We are scheduled for June 13th arrival and I planned to keep it until we officially hear plans end of April.

Maybe, but I also think things will be open by June 1, but maybe not to guests until Mid-month.
The reality of this whole thing is that we can't shut down the world forever. As sad and scary as it will be, we have to go back to work and live life.

Originally booked for Star Wars run weekend and to celebrate fiance's birthday. We want to rebook for as soon as possible! My ideal preference is post-Labor Day weekend (cuz crowds) but that's a liiiiiittle too close to the time we have to take off for our wedding :bride:

I am also curious what the crowds are going to look like this summer, although it'll just be the two of us for the first time ever and we can take heat, and waiting, so even if the lines are long and the good ADRs are gone we are happy to be flexible and just enjoy our vacation, whenever that can be :)

Originally booked for Star Wars run weekend and to celebrate fiance's birthday. We want to rebook for as soon as possible! My ideal preference is post-Labor Day weekend (cuz crowds) but that's a liiiiiittle too close to the time we have to take off for our wedding :bride:

I am also curious what the crowds are going to look like this summer, although it'll just be the two of us for the first time ever and we can take heat, and waiting, so even if the lines are long and the good ADRs are gone we are happy to be flexible and just enjoy our vacation, whenever that can be :)

Where are you from? Start practicing for the heat now, lol! The heat can be tough on people, I see those poor "yankee" souls every year, drenched in sweat, miserable... red in the face. Seek the shade. Drink plenty of fluids. Get one of those cooling towels for your neck. Monsters Inc laugh floor is REALLY appealing at about 2pm!

We were scheduled for early June, rescheduled for late July/early August but don't expect to actually go on that trip either. Even if it's open, I think we're going to wait for 2021.

Where are you from? Start practicing for the heat now, lol! The heat can be tough on people, I see those poor "yankee" souls every year, drenched in sweat, miserable... red in the face. Seek the shade. Drink plenty of fluids. Get one of those cooling towels for your neck. Monsters Inc laugh floor is REALLY appealing at about 2pm!

I'm from NYC, I'll see your heat and humidity in summer and raise you the stench of rotting garbage ;) Also my past 3 Disney trips have been in the hotter months - I just accept the fact that I will be drenched with sweat from the time I leave my hotel at 6am til the time I get back late at night. As long as I am properly sunscreened I can take it! Honestly worth it for the lower crowds. (And an empty Magic Kingdom last year right before Dorian was supposed to hit was just *chef's kiss*).

I'm from NYC, I'll see your heat and humidity in summer and raise you the stench of rotting garbage ;) Also my past 3 Disney trips have been in the hotter months - I just accept the fact that I will be drenched with sweat from the time I leave my hotel at 6am til the time I get back late at night. As long as I am properly sunscreened I can take it! Honestly worth it for the lower crowds. (And an empty Magic Kingdom last year right before Dorian was supposed to hit was just *chef's kiss*).

2 years in a row, we went to Orlando with Hurricanes bearing down. (keep in mind, we have tons of family there for shelter, and can skeedaddle to to South Georgia or all the way back to ATL if needed). The crowds were amazing! We even mostly skipped the rain. I looked back, and we had some rain at Universal, but we rode EVERYTHING... just in Ponchos, and of course, it cleared up in between showers.

We are November 2020 - Maybe move to May 2021
I will have more vacation days and more money saved up
Unless we get free dining for November 2020 and the COVID-19 scare is over and there is a vaccine
JetBlue is starting to fill up for our time - but still unsure if we will be refunded if we cancel.

Or we will go early May 2021 to avoid Easter breaks, Mothers Day and Memorial Day.

From PA, but lived in Charleston, SC from 1996-2007 ( and Orlando 86-88). Heat and humidity is heat and humidity no matter where you are from. We are back (for me) in PA and my wife (who I met in Charleston and lived there forever) deals with the heat less than I can now. It's hot in June, etc but when you're having fun you just learn how to deal with it. I'm hoping our June trip is going to be a go this year. If not, hoping for July/August (yes it's worse then) because I've got people going that can't do the fall. I'd welcome the heat and sweat and everything else to be able to share WDW with a couple of first timers (the ones that can't do the fall). It will make the experience even more memorable

hoping to go after Thanksgiving 2021 taking my 3 grandchildren for the 1st time together. A.K.L .Villa XMAS DECORATIONS HEAVEN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter