POLL: Just for fun...when are you planning your next trip because of what’s going on and/or because of canceling of a current planned trip

When are you planning your next trip?

• Before July 2020

Votes: 51 13.4%
  • July 2020

Votes: 56 14.7%
  • August 2020

Votes: 70 18.4%
  • September 2020

Votes: 50 13.1%
  • October 2020

Votes: 41 10.8%
  • November 2020

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • December 2020

Votes: 34 8.9%
  • January 2021

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • February 2021

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • March 2021 or After

Votes: 66 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn’t have to move but voted to see how crowded other months may get. I am booked end of August or first of September -can’t decide before or after cruise and park hours/events might help dictate decisions. I am confident things will be back to “mostly normal” by July. I had a Disneyland vacation for May 3-8 that I moved to early June then reconsidered and moved to early August. So if things clear up I’ll be traveling for almost a month. And it’ll be fun to see both DL and WDW in such a short time frame!

I'm traveling with a party of 11 so I feel you. We had to go to a 4pm hoop de Doo instead. We completely lost our Be Our Guest, which my sister really wants to do. Hopefully things open up as people start to cancel.
I know things will open up in that department should the park reopen this summer. A lot of people are simply hanging on and waiting to see how things go. I have a few duplicate reservations, which will be cancelled at 60 days prior (when and if) we book fps. I don't have anything major, except Sci-Fi and Storybook, but both are at really horrible times. Also, I am entering the 3rd week of being laid off, so who knows? I'm sure there are quite a few others in my current situation. You may find a gloriously empty park with your choice of table service restaurants, no ADR necessary! Can't do anything about the heat, though. ;)

Still haven't canceled our July trip but will probably do so today. I'm thinking tentatively of next spring if I can make everyone's schedule work. Washington Post had an interesting article today about when sports leagues will restart (which struck me as relevant to when Disney would reopen) and the answer was nobody knows, but might not be until 2021.

Our current trip is June 19-28th 2020. Realistically a vaccine will not be available to the public until February 2021 and distribution will be chaotic at best for a month or two so we are shooting for that as a starting point...

Our back up dates are all in 2021 during either...Easter, 4th of July or mid August just before the kids go back to school.

Gonna go the other way on this one... For the first time in 8 years we were NOT going to make a WDW vacation. We were going to spend late April/Early May driving from Maine to the Chesapeake Bay. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 we had to cancel our spring vacation spending. We have left our home in a highly effected metro area and plan to spend the next few months working remotely at our cabin. To celebrate our 2020 spring corona cabin middle of nowhere exodus... we are taking those spring vacation dollars and doing WDW in Nov, the week before thanksgiving (FYI best week of the year).

Since Sept 2019 we’ve been booked for August 10-22nd. Leaving reservation alone, haven’t booked airfare or bought tickets yet. Have ADRs booked.
We would be unable to reschedule for any time in 2020 so the family has decided we leave it as is until the beginning of June and make a decision then - keep WDW (even resort only) or go camping.
We would potentially return August 2021 if unable to go this summer.

Gonna go the other way on this one... For the first time in 8 years we were NOT going to make a WDW vacation. We were going to spend late April/Early May driving from Maine to the Chesapeake Bay. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 we had to cancel our spring vacation spending. We have left our home in a highly effected metro area and plan to spend the next few months working remotely at our cabin. To celebrate our 2020 spring corona cabin middle of nowhere exodus... we are taking those spring vacation dollars and doing WDW in Nov, the week before thanksgiving (FYI best week of the year).
I try to social distance myself from the York tollbooth as much as possible! LOL

We had originally planned a trip this may, but changed last minute to a cruise instead. 😬 Still hoping for a refund from that... We'll see. If/when it comes through, we'll book Disney for next February or May.

Taking my DGS (the little one in my avatar) for a him and me only trip the week of Labor Day. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We were booked late May/early June for my 40th birthday. We have since booked the free dining and pushed our trip ahead to late September....only 4 months after my birthday! :bday:

We were supposed to arrive May 18th. It was my daughters HS graduation trip so were bummed about that :worried: Now were booked for October 16th at Saratoga Springs, which is a new resort for me. On the bright side, now we get to go to Halloween parties at MK and US and get F&W too... I just have to wait six more months :hyper:. Hopefully, that will be a nice way to spend the fall if things return to normal :bored:

p.s. Boy, it's heart wrenching to cancel 6 months of planning. Bummed were going to miss out on Marshall Tucker at Garden Rocks concert.

Last edited:
I know things will open up in that department should the park reopen this summer. A lot of people are simply hanging on and waiting to see how things go. I have a few duplicate reservations, which will be cancelled at 60 days prior (when and if) we book fps. I don't have anything major, except Sci-Fi and Storybook, but both are at really horrible times. Also, I am entering the 3rd week of being laid off, so who knows? I'm sure there are quite a few others in my current situation. You may find a gloriously empty park with your choice of table service restaurants, no ADR necessary! Can't do anything about the heat, though. ;)
I live in Florida so the heat is NBD to me. 9 of the 11 don't live in Florida so we'll go at their pace.

We were going to go April 2021 on our DVC points. We were going to use 2021 points and borrow from 2022 points. Flights were going to be booked this July on jet blue when they are released since we usually find cheapest flights on release day. At this point with all of the unknowns we don’t feel comfortable borrowing points or even shelling out money on flights this summer. I’m curious if a 2nd wave will come next winter.

So we’re gonna use our 2021 points and pay cash for the 4 nights we were gonna use borrowed points for. We need extra time to save for this new hotel expense so we’re pushing out to November 2021!

We r booked wdw 12/12
We also have plane tickets to DL 5/23 but will cancel those to August probably

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter