Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters

Dr. Strang in NS has already stated that NS will NOT be doing third doses as he would like to see the world get vaccinated. So until the various governments start to recognize mixing, those people will be SOL for travel.

I don't want a booster until more of the world has a chance at a first dose
Dr. Strang in NS has already stated that NS will NOT be doing third doses as he would like to see the world get vaccinated. So until the various governments start to recognize mixing, those people will be SOL for travel.
Colour me unpopular on a social media site devoted to travelling outside of our own country but I 100% agree with this sentiment! I consider myself beyond privileged to even afford travel and stay overnight outside of my own city and province never mind country. I can't with a clear conscience even think about getting a booster shot so I'm considered fully vaccinated outside of Canada when other countries currently don't have access to even first doses. Does it bother me that I'll need to wait until 2023 to go back to Disney (for personal reasons we can't travel at any time of the year other that Jan/Feb and 2022 isn't feasible for other reasons)? Damn straight it does, but that's just how it will need to play out for the 2 of us. By that point I'm confident that things will be more settled into the new normal.

Colour me unpopular on a social media site devoted to travelling outside of our own country but I 100% agree with this sentiment! I consider myself beyond privileged to even afford travel and stay overnight outside of my own city and province never mind country. I can't with a clear conscience even think about getting a booster shot so I'm considered fully vaccinated outside of Canada when other countries currently don't have access to even first doses. Does it bother me that I'll need to wait until 2023 to go back to Disney (for personal reasons we can't travel at any time of the year other that Jan/Feb and 2022 isn't feasible for other reasons)? Damn straight it does, but that's just how it will need to play out for the 2 of us. By that point I'm confident that things will be more settled into the new normal.
I’m torn about this. We (1st world countries) are wasting doses right *now* that could be used as boosters and would never be shipped abroad in time. Also, the rest of the world needs our economies back at full steam if we are expected to pay for their doses too - a major part of those economies (for good or bad) is tourism related.

I’m torn about this. We (1st world countries) are wasting doses right *now* that could be used as boosters and would never be shipped abroad in time. Also, the rest of the world needs our economies back at full steam if we are expected to pay for their doses too - a major part of those economies (for good or bad) is tourism related.
This is my thought as well. It's such a tough call, and I fully support that all countries should have access to the vaccine, but if the doses are already here and they're recommending it I'll likely take a booster since the doses will be wasted if they aren't used. Of course I'd prefer other countries are vaccinated before I get my booster, but no one wins if doses get thrown out because people are refusing them.

This is my thought as well. It's such a tough call, and I fully support that all countries should have access to the vaccine, but if the doses are already here and they're recommending it I'll likely take a booster since the doses will be wasted if they aren't used. Of course I'd prefer other countries are vaccinated before I get my booster, but no one wins if doses get thrown out because people are refusing them.
I get that as a very valid point, hear what you're saying and even agree to a certain degree - it is VERY wasteful for us to simply refuse vaccines that are currently within our country. However, for me it comes down to the knowledge of the WHY I would be getting that booster shot. If it's only so i can be recognized as fully vaccinated in order to travel or go to a live performance then no, I can't do that because I have a rather annoyingly large justice-based streak to my personality :P

I admit this is only applying to ME and my moral code BTW!

I'd love to get a third shot so I can travel, also would love for other countries to be able to get vaccinated as well. It really isn't in my hands to make either decision and I will do what they tell me to do at this point. However, with thousands of doses set to expire and be tossed here... there must be a way to prevent that? Offer them to those who want a third dose, it doesn't seem like logistically they can ship them anywhere to get used before they expire. And those Canadians who haven't received a dose yet seem unlikely to do so any time soon.

I got my 3rd dose last week. But I got a dose that was going to be thrown out because it was leftover after the vaccination center where my father's wife works closed for the day,

I got my 3rd dose last week. But I got a dose that was going to be thrown out because it was leftover after the vaccination center where my father's wife works closed for the day,

Are you in Quebec?

Here in London Ontario they are begging for people to come use up some Moderna that has been thawed and can't be re-frozen to donate to other provinces or countries. If those doses are going to be discarded because they are about to expire, I'd take a booster shot. (I've already had 1 dose of Pfizer and 1 dose of Moderna) It seems like such a waste to throw away vaccine. Otherwise, I'm not in a big rush for a booster shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter