Polite Pig Questions

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I have never been. Want to try it in early December. How difficult is it to get in on a Saturday afternoon, around 11:30 AM?
I am natively from TX where we know BBQ. How is the food there, really?

I would guess it wouldn't be too difficult that early in the day. We went in November, for dinner at prime time dinner time and had no problem getting in and getting a table. The food is delicious! We all tried something different and loved it - the chicken, ribs, pulled pork sandwich. I had the half chicken with mac n cheese - it was so good! The sauces you can choose in the dispensers were great for dipping. It became my favorite QS!

I have never been. Want to try it in early December. How difficult is it to get in on a Saturday afternoon, around 11:30 AM?
I am natively from TX where we know BBQ. How is the food there, really?
Haven't eaten there yet but good smells emanate and we plan to give it a try our next trip. Saw pictures in a forum review recently and was happy to see the beef was dry rubbed.

It's a QS so you wait in line to order and they bring the food to your table. Last time we were there it was a Saturday night at like 6, so the line was really long. No problem finding a table but it did take a while to order.

We love the food there so it was well worth it! After a 7 day cruise we decided that this was the best meal of the whole vacation.

Line wasn't bad for me. I live in Texas and believe good bbq can easily be found outside of Texas, but Polite Pig is just okay for me. Decent brisket with a coffee rub, my favorite item was the chicken wings.

We didn't make it there on this Summer's vacation but last Summer we did and loved it. We were going to go back this Summer but we just didn't get there.

We usually get there about 1 pm on a Saturday afternoon. At that time, there may be 3 or 4 in front of us. Never had any trouble finding a table.
Enjoyed the brisket more than the ribs.

Everyone's taste is different... The food is good in my opinion... If you are concerned go there around 2-3 when you are very hungry food always tastes better...

We are in the minority with this location. Neither myself or DH were crazy about it. And DH isn't a picky eater by any means. I'm glad we tried it, so now we know. But we won't be going back.

You should be OK at that time. I just went on Monday at that time and it was pretty busy. So sufficed to say, it's hit or miss. Now, I will mention that things move pretty quickly when it's busy which is nice. The food, to me at least, is really good. I'm not from TX but bad BBQ is bad BBQ regardless of where you're from but I get it...nothing better than satisfying BBQ! We love it though and stop in a few times per trip!Haven't posted pictures on the boards in a while so I apologize for any issues.

Attachments

• 20190802_214922.jpg
    20190802_214922.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190802_214928.jpg
    20190802_214928.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20190802_215949.jpg
    20190802_215949.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 22
The food is really good but perhaps the best part of Polite Pig is the extensive selection of adult beverages. Lots of good beer selections, mixed drinks, and if you are a bourbon fan I think its the best place in all of Disney World to sample some high end selections!

We went on our last trip and thought the wait in line to order food wasn't bad and that was closer to dinner time so I don't see you having any issues that early. Both my husband and I are pretty picky when it comes to bbq and we both thought it was good. I wouldn't say fantastic or best ever, but probably the best you'll get on property. We split the platter for 2 and I think the only thing I was eh about was the sausage.

Thanks, everybody. I am sure it blows away Flame Tree in Animal Kingdom. I am looking forward to giving it a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter