"Policy change" on pin codes

GSDRescuer

Tag Free since 2003
Just spoke to CRO and asked if a pin code was attached to my name/phone.

She said that there is a "policy change" in that they cannot give out that info when you call anymore. So if you did not get your code in email or snail mail (lost)..........you will never know if a code is attached to your name.:scared1:

If that's going to be the case, why bother to send any. Things get lost in the mail and some emails are filtered out. Too bad they decided to do that. It's almost becoming a game with all the offers etc. We will all become math freaks now!! It used to be an AP or other offer and that's pretty much it. I guess they are hoping to lure with all kinds of offers, but it really is getting to be too much. I guess with the internet and all it's much easier. I basically changed my reservation for Sept 5 times to get the better deal and the first reservation was made in July!!

Thats terrible!! Maybe its due to the economy. I don't know, but I do think that is a bad move on Disneys part.

Which makes absolutely no sense, since they get it wrong almost every time.
Every time I call I have them check what email address they have in their system for me, and they tell me it's my personal email address, but I always get my pins through my work email that I registered once a long time ago and won't be able to check after January.

I also receive postcards for my mother (who went on a trip with me last year) at my address but in her name - but they claim they don't even have her in their system let alone at my address and that "if anyone in my household got a postcard they would be able to see it"

I also had a 40% pin that I used for my trip last month that was emailed to my maiden name email address and had my home address as the place I moved out of 5 years ago, and the only reason they found it is I made them search by my husband's name (not tied to my current address)

I have yet to get a pin at my home address (which is supposedly on file) or home email address (which is also supposedly on file) in my name.

I really dislike Disney's policy on pin codes, and I've written them a polite letter to that effect.

Noooooooooo....I was going to call this morning to ask but I guess not anymore

I'm sure this will not be a liked response, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Whether it is a new policy or not, Disney is in business to make money. I'm fairly certain that they do not want to pay folks to see if codes are attached to names - they want those employees to be making new reservations.

I also am under the impression that these CM's at CRO have sales quotas - I would be willing to bet that they want to be booking reservations as well.
If they are on quota and do not make those quotas - they lose their job.

I think it is a good policy.

Whether it is a new policy or not, Disney is in business to make money. I'm fairly certain that they do not want to pay folks to see if codes are attached to names - they want those employees to be making new reservations.

I also am under the impression that these CM's at CRO have sales quotas - I would be willing to bet that they want to be booking reservations as well.

If that's really the case, then WDW should just have their rates like they did way back when instead of all the codes/special rates for a select few. Now it seems, they refuse to even tell them if they missed the code somehow. I am an AP holder and since all the websites/internet it seems the codes change from day to day. I don't think it was quite so bad before all the info out there.

CRO CM told me that they are not on quotas when I asked and told them I wasn't calling to make a reservation so I'd make it short so they could help someone else. They told me they are paid by hourly.

I called last night to inquire about my ressie at CR. Asked if there were any discounts before I finished my conversation with the CM and the CM replied "just one moment while I check for you." He came back and said he had one which ended up saving me some substantial bucks. Ended up getting CR GV for $202 a night. When he tried my other ressie he said there was nothing remaining. He said he had "tried every code there was, but nothing was available for my dates." Apparently it's taught during training but most likely not really adhered to.

I think that stinks b/c for the last 2 codes- I never got anything!! I still have to call Disney Visa & find out why but I think that is stupid for them, they are missing out on potiental vacationers!! I may have changed my trip from next year to this year for the free dining in November!

I just called this morning, asking for nothing but for them to check whether I had a PIN, and the CM did. No problem.

what number should you call? my computer crashed and i lost several days of email so i wanted to check, TIA!

I just called the regular reservations line (I think it's 407-WDISNEY.)

Well now I have to call and check. what if there's a good deal in my name that I could use for our August trip? :goodvibes

They have been saying this is the policy change since Jan 2008( I know this b/c I was dying for any dicount Icould get)I spoke with about 20 different people.Some looked the info up,some said they couldn't anymore, and some said they looked it up..but I know they didn't since they didn't even ask my name.

Youre phone number pulls all your info up so they dont necessarily have to ask for your name. But I know people that work at CRO and they told me they have NO problem looking up pins for people and neither do a lot of their fellow cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter