POLICY CHANGE (? 100 day ADR ?'s)

aac - My 90 day window starts July 24. I have to call that day to make a reservation at a non-Disney owned restaurant, so when I call that day to book it I will check on all the other ADR's that I made. I am sure you are right, they will not cancel the rexervations, that would cause so many problems. I was able to make them yesterday and today with 3 different CMs. Let me know how you make out! :flower:

lillygator said:
:wave: Hi Chipscinderelly!

You never posted how you fared....I was wondering if you were able to make all your reservations...(are you going in October?).

I'm really not sure how to respond to your question as your last comment was not so nice and I really think you are just trying to pick a fight which I don't participate in. There was no need for us to call this week as we are past the 90 days for Sept (made those arrangements in the late afternoon around 50 days so as not to tie up the phone lines) Our next trip is December and we will call for that in October.

chipscinderelly said:
I'm really not sure how to respond to your question as your last comment was not so nice and I really think you are just trying to pick a fight which I don't participate in. There was no need for us to call this week as we are past the 90 days for Sept (made those arrangements in the late afternoon around 50 days so as not to tie up the phone lines) Our next trip is December and we will call for that in October.

Not sure what comment you are referring to? -

but from all your postings I guess I assumed you were making your AR's on Monday and was just curious if you got what you wanted. Now, after your post and looking at your sig I realize I was mistaken...sorry!

(and I wasn't trying to start anything, you just seemed to keep on about me calling to other posters)

I will! I was trying to get priority seating at WGP's restaurant, Sci-FI, 50's primetime and chef Mickey's (dinner) and Rainforest Cafe. Are these hard to get at 90 days?

When we booked with AAA they sent us a receipt thing that I had to sign and send back confirming the items on the itinerary were what we asked for. That is the only paper I have. There wasn't anything on that paper that remotely resembled a Disney ressie #, so I called and asked the agent about it. She gave me an 8 digit # that starts with a "5". That number isn't on the receipt, so at least for that AAA office, customers don't have the ressie # that Disney issued unless they call and ask for it.

Disney CRO told me reservations that start with a "5" are travel agent ressies and only a TA can make changes. The drawback is that Dining has a hard time pulling up any info because it must be different than ressies made through Disney. I didn't have any problems making ADR's, though. Just keep your 8 digit AAA number handy and if the CM asks for it tell her it is booked through AAA and that's the number from the agent. I think you'll be fine. Good luck!! :flower:

I got that same receipt thing that I had to sign and the confirmation was attached with that. My AAA TA is saying that is the only # that she has from Disney...though she did say that this # came from Disney...and it is an 8 digit #, so things seems to be lined up okay...except that it doesn't start with a 5. Oh well, I will just use this # and explain the situation. Hopefully the CM will know what to do. Thanks for the reply!

I am so MAD about this new policy! I called today at 6:59 (exactly 90 days out) and got right thru, was put on hold for 15 mins only to be told the CRT ADR's had already been taken! Would have been nice if there was some advance notice about this.

hygienejean said:
I am so MAD about this new policy! I called today at 6:59 (exactly 90 days out) and got right thru, was put on hold for 15 mins only to be told the CRT ADR's had already been taken! Would have been nice if there was some advance notice about this.

Based on a conversation I just had with the Grand Gathering and Group Dining people, they are making ressies, in some cases, at > 90 days (and not 90+10). I didn't try for CRT, but this is most likely how the CRT ressies disappeared. It seems as though its a "let's try it and see what the computer says" thing. "Not all restaurants are participating".

The Grand Gathering events seem to be on a slightly different cosmic schedule... Some events have always apparently been "released" slightly before or after the 90 day mark.

Sorry about CRT hygienejean... Luckily we have no one in our party set on CRT.

scrapperjill said:
Yes we are staying at a disney resort..But I've heard GREAT things about GKTW. Actually we were suppose to go on her wish trip last Sept...and planned to stay at GKTW...but just two days before our scheduled flight the wish trip was cancled because GKTW put a hold on ALL wish trips...until further notice. So when we replanned it...they couldn't give us any idea as to when we could rebook....(and with work and school...we needed as much notice as we could get)...so we rebooked the trip and picked a hotel (Pop century)

scrapperjill--
Cancelled?? Yikes!! Never thought of that. I was just worrying that the boys stay healthy to go. Was it because of hurricane damage? We are going the last week of October into the first of November so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will all work out.

hygienejean

Were you only trying for breakfast for CRT or did you try for lunch as well?

so some are able to book >90 days from their arrival date :confused3 wished we would know what the final word is about this policy. I am excited about making my ADR all at one time but just wnat to make sure i call at the right time

MarieS said:
scrapperjill--
Cancelled?? Yikes!! Never thought of that. I was just worrying that the boys stay healthy to go. Was it because of hurricane damage? We are going the last week of October into the first of November so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will all work out.

Yep...well it wasn't necessarly Hurricane damage...but the fact that we were scheduled to arrive just a day or two after a hurricane went through.....and another hurricane was on it's way. So it was partly because the hurricane came through...and there was a ton of clean up to be done...but also because the next hurricane was on it's way.

We also never thought of this when we picked that time of the year.... ;) that's why we decided on October this year. I know it's still hurricane season...but late in the season. My fingers are crossed. :rolleyes: Plus from the sounds of it WDW area isn't usually affected by the hurricanes....at least not like they were last year.

Have you checked out the other dis board...with alot others going on wish trip? I haven't done much this time around...since were staying onsite and not at GKTW. But I got alot of helpful information last year.

I also know what you mean about keeping them as healthy as you can...Not like we don't everyday ;) but when there set to go on a wish tirp...the last thing you need is even more illness. We just had our check up with the specalist...and are set to go back again just 3 weeks before the trip for a final pre-trip check up....We planned it early enough so if there was anything new we'd have time to take care of it. Last year just 3 weeks before we were set to go our dd was put in the hospital for 2 weeks for a illness that popped up...but it was great timming...because she was/would have been in tip top shape for her trip.

I talked to a CM today ( I happened to be on the phone with her clearing up a mistake on our Oct. 2006 reservations) and asked about the new policy in this scenario...

We arrive at ASMovies Friday night and move to the Poly the following morning. (We're only staying at ASM one night). I asked her if we could count our 90 days from arrival at ASM, and she said no...we couldn't count the 90 days until the day our actual package begins (the next day).

Is this true, or would a room only reservation be enough to make PS arrangements according to what you all have heard?

Since there seems to be conflicting info from CM's, I want to make sure she was right!

freakylick said:
While I agree with that statement...in this case a customer may suffer. If someone got an ADR before their 90 day window, then someone else who tried following the 90 day policy will not get that ADR.

Today I ask if CRT was sold out for Oct 17-22 and the lady checked and said yes for breakfast and lunch. Does anyone know if they are holding any spots for those that hit the 90 day mark but are only able to make 1 day at a time? It would be useless to get up and try unless they are leaving slots each day for this purpose. Any able to get a reservation for CRT today that called today?

The word is they are holding x number of spaces for those who call on the 90th day....but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting one yet. I also called for CRT and asked about the 20-21st...and was told they were full....but of course given a whole list of other princess meals to try.

Miller1412...I'd go ahead and call on your 90th day from arrival (ASM) and see what you could do. It won't hurt to call...and if they ask just give them you confirmation number for that first night. I don't know how "linked" they actually are to the reservations and stays...who knows they may just be cheking to see if you actually have a #...And besides that..it's not like your staying off property somewhere after that day....your WHOLE stay is on the Disney property...

YourMajesty said:
Today I ask if CRT was sold out for Oct 17-22 and the lady checked and said yes for breakfast and lunch. Does anyone know if they are holding any spots for those that hit the 90 day mark but are only able to make 1 day at a time? It would be useless to get up and try unless they are leaving slots each day for this purpose. Any able to get a reservation for CRT today that called today?

I did call this morning at 7AM (7-20) and was able to get CRT for 9:55 on 10-18! I know everyone is getting different information (or it changes from day to day) but the CM told me they leave most for the 90 window. Hope that holds true for those trying to call at their 90 window. Those scheduling in advance better call right at 7am since the slots are limited. Also, remeber to try back at the 90 window (you can have two shots). :flower:

This is all so interesting. Hope they get the bugs worked out before my december trip.

YourMajesty said:

I think that the CM was saying that the spots that had been opened were filled, but each day a few more spots should open...especially at the 90 day mark.

YourMajesty said:
I did call this morning at 7AM (7-20) and was able to get CRT for 9:55 on 10-18! I know everyone is getting different information (or it changes from day to day) but the CM told me they leave most for the 90 window. Hope that holds true for those trying to call at their 90 window. Those scheduling in advance better call right at 7am since the slots are limited. Also, remeber to try back at the 90 window (you can have two shots). :flower:

I will hope this is the case. I'm waiting to call back on my 90day window to try and get a spot. Matter of fact I think my 90 day window is tomarrow :cool1: Was today your 90 day window? And if I understand the new policy....90 days from tomarrow is the day we arrive at a Disney resort...we actually aren't planning on going to any parks until the 20th-21st. So those 90 days are not until tomarrow and the next day (I think :) ) So it looks like I'll be calling early for the few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter