Policies as of 5/10/22

I was there in Feb on the day they lifted the indoor mask mandate. The day before compliance was about 80 percent. The next day with no mandate we were in the 10 percent of folks who were not cast members still wearing one ( I would say CMs were closer to 30 percent). I did get a NASTY comment from an older gentleman who I walked by at Beach Club. He said " if I looked like that I would keep the mask too!" I told him to have the day he deserved and kept on walking. I don't have time for negativity like that and especially not at Disney.

I also have to say the masks didn't stop both of my kids from getting the 24 hour Disney stomach bug. REALLY REALLY wish they did lol!

I told him to have the day he deserved and kept on walking.
Ok, that response was hilarious!

To the OP:
So, I've read through this thread with surprise. I live in Florida, actually less than a half hour from the parks and we have been mask free for most of the pandemic. I'm out and about and regularly interact with people. I haven't heard any, and I mean nobody give people wearing masks any grief. It is what it is and nobody here cares what you wear on your face. It's been a you do you attitude from the beginning. I don't know who is showing up at the parks because I no longer go. I don't know where they are from nor do I care. I don't see anyone local saying anything to you about wearing a mask or not. If I were you, I wouldn't give it a second thought. You do you...
One final comment. The cast members are local. They wore masks at work because they were required to. When the requirement was lifted, those who didn't want to wear masks took them off. Those that felt more comfortable wearing them left them on. Just like anyplace else where they weren't required.

i was there last week. very few people were wearing masks. i still wore mine indoors and if crowds were too heavy then i also wore it outdoors, but the heat made that a bit hard. there were definitely cast members wearing masks both indoors and outdoors. it was quite crowded.

I will likely be there in a couple of weeks. (We're still somewhat undecided.) If we go, we'll 100% be wearing masks indoors and probably 90% of the time outdoors. And we'll be doing the full N95s. (As a weird wrinkle, we'll probably do the ones with valves - not good for protecting others, but at this point I think the only reason to wear a mask is to protect yourself given that 90% of people are choosing not to seek mask-based protection.) I generally feel more comfortable with a mask, but I also have a person in the group who is high risk. I'm not taking chances with a loved one because someone else might not like it. (And really, why would my mask usage be something "someone doesn't like"?)

As for comments, I just think it's luck of the draw. I live in one of the blue-est, granola crunchiest, pro-masky towns in America. Still, I had someone put down their car window and yell nasty things at me just walking down the street. Luck of the draw.

Some people just have a lot of anger inside. Though I don't like getting yelled at, I honestly feel worse for the person. I'm not just being condescending, I really do think they must be seething with anger, negativity, stress, or whatever. It makes me sad for them and for the world that some of us are filled with those negative emotions - so filled that we lash out over trivialities. (Same thing with super nasty traffic interactions, FWIW.)

Anyway, my point is that "that kind of person" exists in any town, any place, and can be triggered for any reason (today it's masks, tomorrow it will be whether you have pickles on your hamburger) so I think the best thing we can do is not let it get to us.

I care what other people think - that's just human. But I don't care enough to override my own belief about what's right for me and my family.

I don't anticipate negative comments, but if they come, they won't be changing my choice or ruining my day.

Yes! It is mask proof, sanitizer proof, hand washing proof. That tummy bug is gonna get you if it can! My son said the whole Disney Sickness experience was " Bruno" because we don't talk about it. LOL!

Sorry but that is false. Proper hand washing hygiene is essential and it works. It is true that sanitizer is not very efficient against norovirus. That makes soap and water all the more important.

I was there in Feb on the day they lifted the indoor mask mandate. The day before compliance was about 80 percent. The next day with no mandate we were in the 10 percent of folks who were not cast members still wearing one ( I would say CMs were closer to 30 percent). I did get a NASTY comment from an older gentleman who I walked by at Beach Club. He said " if I looked like that I would keep the mask too!" I told him to have the day he deserved and kept on walking. I don't have time for negativity like that and especially not at Disney.
I can't believe someone said something so nasty. I'm sure he thought he was being hilarious and it had nothing to do with you, but people can be so clueless. I'm so sorry.

Sorry but that is false. Proper hand washing hygiene is essential and it works. It is true that sanitizer is not very efficient against norovirus. That makes soap and water all the more important.
Wet Ones towelettes also kill norovirus. I was at Disney during an especially virulent norovirus outbreak, where people were openly vomiting into the park landscaping and there were piles of linens in the halls (I was at YC) all hours of the day and night because people were vomiting in bed. It was horrible, but I made sure I washed with a towelette before eating or drinking anything, and I did not catch it. Good hygiene is the best defense against norovirus, and I always carry a supply of the individually wrapped towelettes.

I will be wearing a mask at WDW next month, as it does give me some relief from pollen as well as its other uses. I haven’t had a sinus infection once during pollen season since I started wearing one.

Here now, very few masks. There were still some stocked hand sanitizer stations at HS. Magic Kingdom-it seems as if they removed most of them. I spotted some in Fantasyland, none in Adventure or Frontier Land. I carry my own, but it’s easier to stop at a station and use one, rather than rifling through a bag or backpack.

We just returned April 23. Started to feel off onSunday and had a ”cold” byMonday. Tested positive for Covid. we were there when they got rid of masks on buses. I think that did it. They were so crowded and maybe 5 or six people wearing masks. I wore one on bus, indoor lines, indoor in shows. But the bus was awful. People coughing on others, sneezing. I just feel they got rid of the masks too quickly. I pretty sure those coughing and sneezing didn’t self test. They just didn’t care.

Hello I hope this qualifies as an acceptable covid question. I was wondering if any policies are in place at all anymore. Ultra clean rooms, sanitizer stations, etc.

I was also wondering if there are still some people here and there wearing masks? We plan to wear them inside and I really don't want to get any comments. We fully understand why other people don't want to wear them but we feel more comfortable since my husband works occasionally around immune compromised people. We want to blend in without any scrutiny and it would make me feel better to know that some people are still wearing them too. Thanks : -)
I wear one because my MIL has COPD and is on oxygen. Her immune system is low so I do this for her. People tend to get judgy and forget that there are MILLIONS who have comprised immune systems and their loved ones wear masks to keep them safe. Enjoy your trip!!!

I also have to say the masks didn't stop both of my kids from getting the 24 hour Disney stomach bug. REALLY REALLY wish they did lol!
See, this is the thing even with Covid now. We all remember when the Disney bug was just a thing. My wife and I had it on one of our trips where we had our doctor call in a prescription for us and spent a half day just sleeping it off in the room while our kids watched TV. Big crowds are guaranteed to contain a certain number of people who are contagious with something. The only thing that's going to prevent exposure at this point is staying home. You can mitigate the risks, but you cannot eliminate them.

See, this is the thing even with Covid now. We all remember when the Disney bug was just a thing. My wife and I had it on one of our trips where we had our doctor call in a prescription for us and spent a half day just sleeping it off in the room while our kids watched TV. Big crowds are guaranteed to contain a certain number of people who are contagious with something. The only thing that's going to prevent exposure at this point is staying home. You can mitigate the risks, but you cannot eliminate them.
True. I assume I will be treating Covid like the regular Disney crud. Trying to lesson my exposure to it with frequent hand washing, using sanitizer, avoiding touching my face and now also adding in a mask in indoor areas and crowds.

We just returned April 23. Started to feel off onSunday and had a ”cold” byMonday. Tested positive for Covid. we were there when they got rid of masks on buses. I think that did it. They were so crowded and maybe 5 or six people wearing masks. I wore one on bus, indoor lines, indoor in shows. But the bus was awful. People coughing on others, sneezing. I just feel they got rid of the masks too quickly. I pretty sure those coughing and sneezing didn’t self test. They just didn’t care.
Sorry to hear this but thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better soon!

Ok, that response was hilarious!

To the OP:
So, I've read through this thread with surprise. I live in Florida, actually less than a half hour from the parks and we have been mask free for most of the pandemic. I'm out and about and regularly interact with people. I haven't heard any, and I mean nobody give people wearing masks any grief. It is what it is and nobody here cares what you wear on your face. It's been a you do you attitude from the beginning. I don't know who is showing up at the parks because I no longer go. I don't know where they are from nor do I care. I don't see anyone local saying anything to you about wearing a mask or not. If I were you, I wouldn't give it a second thought. You do you...
One final comment. The cast members are local. They wore masks at work because they were required to. When the requirement was lifted, those who didn't want to wear masks took them off. Those that felt more comfortable wearing them left them on. Just like anyplace else where they weren't required.
We've been mask free for so long I don't remember when it was lifted. I still see people wearing masks. It's their choice. Never hear any comments or unpleasantness about it.

We're going in August, and we plan to wear them indoors and in crowded outdoor locations.
Oh no. Did your whole family get it? Was it mild? We worry most about buses and indoor lines. It seems like an overwhelming majority of people aren't getting sick from Disney even kids who are too young to be vaccinated. I hear about a situation like yours only rarely. That stinks! I don't miss the dreaded full capacity bus situation in general 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter