Pokemon GO In the Parks?

Most of my Dratini came from Disney Springs but I got a couple at Epcot and my nephew caught me one in Virginia yesterday.

I was not really planning to go to Disney Springs again this year. How long does it take there to get several dratinin? What is the best spot? I guess you caught the Epcot ones by the lake?

Thanks!

I have yet to see a Lapras on property. Only 1 Snorlax, and a few of the others you listed

Do you remember where you found the snorlax and if it was morning, afternoon, or night? I've heard they are most commonly found around 10 pm.

Do you remember where you found the snorlax and if it was morning, afternoon, or night? I've heard they are most commonly found around 10 pm.

It was just outside the right tunnel going into Magic Kingdom in the early evening.

On a side note, there was a Mr Mime in the TTC lot by the metal Mickey cutouts for about a week, but he's been gone for a while. Snorlax only showed up the one time - when I went back the next day he was gone.

This weeked I have seen a few doduos at the Contemporary, and a bunch of Digletts by the monorail ramps. They both appear periodically and then disappear for a while

Dratini and Disney Springs? Mostly walking in from the parking lot and near the artificial lake, and one at the bus stop. Not all on the same day though. Don't know if they will always be around there.

Very much looking forward to spending time during our upcoming trip dedicated to catching Pokemon. Will be nice to catch some that are harder to even find or rarely ever around home. This will add a whole extra element of fun to our trip.

I've heard using the park wifi can cause problems and glitches, and sometimes it's blocked by the servers from the game during periods of heavy data usage. I've also heard rumors about people being banned because they used the same wifi as a spoofer/cheater. Do you use the park wifi or mobile data? And do you know if Cricket Wireless, owned by AT&T, has decent coverage at the parks and Disney resorts? We can use if it larger towns in our area, but it's poor out in the country where Verizon works fine sometimes.
Thanks!

I've heard using the park wifi can cause problems and glitches, and sometimes it's blocked by the servers from the game during periods of heavy data usage. I've also heard rumors about people being banned because they used the same wifi as a spoofer/cheater. Do you use the park wifi or mobile data? And do you know if Cricket Wireless, owned by AT&T, has decent coverage at the parks and Disney resorts? We can use if it larger towns in our area, but it's poor out in the country where Verizon works fine sometimes.
Thanks!

I've never had problems using the park Wifi while playing (outside of the week it launched when the whole server was down)

If anyone is banned for wifi spoofing, that's because they are going against the games terms of service. But it shouldn't come as a surprise to them.

Any updates of new Pokemon caught at the parks or resorts, or tips? We're coming down next week and looking forward to collecting some Pokemon and items while waiting in line, etc.! Hope we don't completely drain our batteries too soon!

I caught a fairly high Lapras and a decent Gyarados in early October. Some advice; take an external charger or two, buy 8 incubators and put all your eggs on to hatch as you will hatch many. I hatched 40 eggs on a 4 day trip to MNSSHP and food and wine. Lots of poke stops!

Any updates of new Pokemon caught at the parks or resorts, or tips? We're coming down next week and looking forward to collecting some Pokemon and items while waiting in line, etc.! Hope we don't completely drain our batteries too soon!
Lots of stuff at resorts and parks but after awhile it's more of the same. Tons of Magikarp, Psyducks and Slowpokes around any water (DS, Epcot, MK). Not a lot of unique/rare catches - I have caught a Gyarados in Adventureland but it wasn't nearly as good as I've evolved from just collecting Magikarp. Also got a Vaporeon in DS but I'd say those were the only really high level ones. Just a heads up that the park wifi really seems to interfere with the game at times. If you're having issues (I had a horrible time in Epcot this week trying to take gyms, but even just to spin Pokestops), try turning the wifi on and then off or vice versa (honestly sometimes it works better with it on and sometimes with it off and sometimes just going back and forth makes it work again). I really strongly recommend buying the Fuel Rod at the first park you're at - for $30 it will guarantee you have a fresh charger at any time you're in the parks. If I spend a day in the park playing Go nonstop (other than rides), I'll swap it out maybe 2 times during the day but leave with my phone still at 100%. (Normally it would last "maybe" 2 hours without a charger and playing).

I caught a fairly high Lapras and a decent Gyarados in early October. Some advice; take an external charger or two, buy 8 incubators and put all your eggs on to hatch as you will hatch many. I hatched 40 eggs on a 4 day trip to MNSSHP and food and wine. Lots of poke stops!
Where was the Lapras? That's one I've had no luck getting anywhere despite a couple days a week in the parks. And yeah, there are tons of poke stops. Any time I don't make it to the parks for a few days I forget how hard it is in the "real world" - only a few anywhere near my house and not worth driving somewhere to spin 1 pokestop (there's really only 1 within walking distance and it's over a mile from here).

Anyway, if you have any specific questions, just let me know as we play frequently in the parks. We were at AK on Sunday and actually wandered through an entire trail (backwards so didn't realize it was a trail until we were done) just following pokestops. And saw parts of the park we'd never seen before and had no clue existed!

Bumping this thread up, we're still playing as a family! We will be visiting Disney in three weeks, and excited to catch some Pokemon and fill up our bag with items. Has anyone caught a Heracross at Disney? It is a regional that I've read online can be caught in Orlando area. Thanks!

Bumping this thread up, we're still playing as a family! We will be visiting Disney in three weeks, and excited to catch some Pokemon and fill up our bag with items. Has anyone caught a Heracross at Disney? It is a regional that I've read online can be caught in Orlando area. Thanks!
CMs who play have found Heracross and Corsola (?) in MK. If you have a car, they can be found at Kissimmee Lakefront Park.

@marciemi plays - she may have more specific tips for you. :)

I caught two at All Star Sports. We were staying in the basketball section and they popped up while we were taking a break in the room.

According to my Pokédex, I’ve seen 12 and caught 10 Heracross, and I’ve only ever seen them at Disney. I find Epcot to be a great source for Magicarp. We did a weekend trip; 48 hours and I picked up 500 Magicarp candy.

When I was there in August, only ordinary Pokémon’s are spotted. Very disappointing! I was at Universal for 7 days and WDW for 9 days.

In October, I caught a Shiny Magicarp in front of Norway at Epcot, caught nine Heracrosses at MK (I think there was a nest in front of BTM), and saw but wasn’t able to catch a Corsola at VGF. So, the regional and rare ones are definitely still there for catching :)!

We are local and have AP's so we play often at Disney. Honestly we don't usually find anything rare in the parks but it's a great place to catch a lot of them if you are trying to level up. There are a lot of stops too. I agree with the other people who suggested bringing a spare charger. Pokemon goes through our phone batteries like crazy.

We also find that a lot of people do the raids in Disney Springs, especially when the Tyrantitars and legendaries show up. We use the ******* app to coordinate with other players.

I got Corsola and Heracross at Epcot in May. I didn’t see either when I was there in October or this week. I did catch a shiny magicarp in Universal this week though. Yea!

Heads up that for the next 44 hours or so you might see a Farfetch'd anywhere in the World (and the world, for that matter) to catch. Thanks to a completed challenge of 3 billion Pokemon being caught within the last 7 days, Farfetch'd, normally found only in eastern Asia, is available to catch worldwide. Go get him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter