Pokemon GO In the Parks?

DD was playing this today as we were running errands - she will be so excited to hear she can play in Disney and Universal!

I can't login - RALPHIE!!!

Bj6dgmQa2ZlzW.gif

Me and my son are OBSESSED, LOL...we were driving around today looking for poke stops and finding all the gyms. We are going to Disney in March and I was like it would be so awesome to find pokemon while riding Small World or something, LOL...my son was like jumping up and down...they it started to rain here and my hubby and my DS were so upset bc they couldn't go out and catch pokemon, lol

Reactions: HM
I'm out here in Cali and they are all over DL/DCA, Pokemon, stops and gyms! Our Castle and Manson are gyms, along with DCA entrance (as far as I got yesterday since it kept crashing!) and stops (which is where you get free balls, eggs, etc) are seriously every 10-20 yards it seems!

Spent 4ish hours at Magic Kingdom tonight and caught about 70 pokemon. Lots of pokestops means my bag is full. And I leveled up 4 times. The battery drain is real though - walked in with 90%, walked out with 7% even with battery saver mode on.

My favorite encounter though was when Magikarp decided to join in and serenade Eric and Ariel

img_570604063_img952016-07-08-20284152.jpg

I really need to show my DDS this thread. They've been obsessed with catching these Pokemon thingys, ever since the game was introduced.

Spent 4ish hours at Magic Kingdom tonight and caught about 70 pokemon. Lots of pokestops means my bag is full. And I leveled up 4 times. The battery drain is real though - walked in with 90%, walked out with 7% even with battery saver mode on.

My favorite encounter though was when Magikarp decided to join in and serenade Eric and Ariel

This is the BEST THING. LOL!

Just found this for battery saver:
Just tap on the Poké Ball to bring up the main menu, then tap on “Settings” in the upper right corner. The app only runs while it’s actually open (so if you minimize it or turn off your screen you won’t catch any Pokémon), so normally it drains your battery pretty fast.

With the battery saver on, just turn your phone upside-down and the app will still run, but at very low power. This mode is best for long walks

Was at DHS last night, my daughter was playing. So many stops were in the old Streets of America and Backlot Tour area.
Also they have "The Hat" as a gym :D and the American Idol Experience as a pokestop

We had so much fun with this yesterday. We walked all around our neighborhood looking for them and met a bunch of people doing the same thing. Very cool! Cant wait to try it at WDW this summer

Hey guys! Sorry if this is in the wrong board- mods, appreciate the move if so! -but I was curious- Pokemon GO just launched. Anyone at the parks see if there are interesting Pokemon to catch, Gyms/Pokestops at park locations, etc.?

I work for a video game company and our office turned out to be a Gym so it's been a pretty hot topic around here!
My workplace is also a gym.

And we are a church.

Funniest thing. A guy came in and explained why we have so much traffic in our parking lot.

I am hearing that Ingress maps (you can Google them) have been pretty accurate for PokemonGo. If anyone is in DHS, there's a tank over by Indy that was my favorite portal to capture. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter