• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Points Compensation Notification Required?

DL50Cruiser

Mouseketeer
This is a reply to a thread originally started in "Pool Hopping".
Is a DVC owner required to notify MS if compensation has been received for renting points? If so, where in the member guidelines can this be found?

Yes, and although I don't have it myself, I believe it was quoted in a Pool Hopping thread recently or a thread about member perks. Someone cut and pasted it from the member site, or typed it from the contract documents.

In the Home Resort Rules and Regs which you can download from the MS website, it has the following rule. Logon is required to download the document. http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...tions/HomeResortRulesandRegulations012011.pdf

Making Reservations for Non-Club Members

2) When a Club Member uses his or her Home Resort Vacation Points to reserve Vacation Homes on behalf of a non-Club Member, and the Club Member does not charge any rental or other fees to the non-Club Member for the reservation, the non-Club Member is eligible for all or some of the Club Member privileges and benefits that a Club Member would normally receive during his or her stay in the reserved Vacation Home. If the non-Club Member is renting, it is the responsibility of the Member to notify Member Services when making the reservation. Member privileges and benefits cannot be extended to non-Club Members who rent Vacation Homes from Club Members.

Thanks for the reply. I first saw it on the pool hopping thread also. Still looking for documented proof though.

It's in the Public Offering Statement. I have one dated 10/2001 for BCV (I think). It's on page 47, Under Home Resort Rules and Regulations, Section IV Member Benefits and Privileges,Making Reservations for Non-Club Members. The quote is the same as above.

This is a reply to a thread originally started in "Pool Hopping".
Is a DVC owner required to notify MS if compensation has been received for renting points? If so, where in the member guidelines can this be found?
As noted, the answer is yes. Technically even just being treated to dinner or a thank you gift card makes it a rental.

Trust me, I am not trying to get around the rule, and am simply curious....how would they know if you were given funds or treated to dinner?

Thanks!

Trust me, I am not trying to get around the rule, and am simply curious....how would they know if you were given funds or treated to dinner?

Thanks!
In many situations they wouldn't.

Thanks Deb & Bill. I never realized that points were being rented probably since inception of the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter