POFQ Pics! Get me excited!

darkmickey

Mickey when infused with dark energy
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I am going to WDW and POFQ is where I am laying my head. Anybody have pics!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

You will love POFQ, it's our favorite mod.

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

Here's some of our room and the courtyard from our Honeymoon last October:

disney08.jpg

disney09.jpg

disney10.jpg

disney11.jpg

disney13.jpg

A couple from the balcony

disney07.jpg

disney03.jpg

disney01.jpg

Have fun! We had a GREAT time even though we're actually from New Orleans. Haha

Have fun! We had a GREAT time even though we're actually from New Orleans. Haha

Two questions for you:
1. The fountain in your 1st and 2nd photos .... where exactly at POFQ is it? (Like, between what buildings?) I've seen it used in WDW's official POFQ photos but I don't know where on property it is.

2. I've never been to the real New Orleans...how does POFQ compare?
(I know that the real Saratoga Springs has a lot more true charm than the WDW one.)

To all PPs:
I'm enjoying these photos...keep them coming! I've visited POFQ before (for beignets) but I'm staying there for the first time this December! :goodvibes

I don't have any photos to share with you right now.. but I wanted to tell you that you are going to LOVE POFQ!! We stayed there last September during our disney wedding with our extended family and everyone enjoyed it! The grounds are so lush and well kept and green and everything is so clean!

I loved how small it was... DH and I walked around the resort twice one evening and just enjoyed having a romantic stroll .... not to mention the romantic horse drawn carriage rides that let you hear the "clip clop" of the horses' hooves even if you aren't on the ride itself.

The pool was awesome and we swam in it every night.. the little kids in our group loved it as well as the adults (us adults went down the slide just as much as the kids!). Make sure you find the hot tub.. it's kind of hidden almost which is nice when you are in it and it feels secluded. It's close to the laundry area I believe near the pool.

the food court was great... but I do have one bad thing to say about it.. service seemed slow. Even when there wasn't a lot of people in line for something it took forever to get your food.. but the food was decent to good for food court food. We liked the pizza and quesedillas.

Our room was in building 5 near the back side so we could see the river.. which was really nice. We had a corner room (I would recommend requesting one if you can.. they are bigger with more light coming into the room because you have two windows. I don't think disney will promise you a corner room but it doesn't hurt to ask!). Building 5 was a close walk to the pool and the food court. The gift shop is really nice too! Oh and check out the lounge/bar. We didn't go in there but it looked really nice ...

don't forget to head over to POR as well .. just to look around, maybe eat at the restaurant... listen to that guy who sings in the lounge who is supposed to be fabulous.. and maybe go swimming on ole' man island!

ohhh.. and you should at least once take the boat ride over to downtown disney or at least over to POR.. the boat ride is super nice and relaxing! I wish we would have done it at night.

lol.. I hope I didn't give you too much information! We just loved POFQ and I have no doubt that you will too! :yay:

1. The fountain in your 1st and 2nd photos .... where exactly at POFQ is it? (Like, between what buildings?) I've seen it used in WDW's official POFQ photos but I don't know where on property it is.

It's in the courtyard between Building 1, Building 2, and Building 3 in the South Quarter:

Facing building 2:
94411526.jpg

Facing the river:
94411530.jpg

Facing building 1 and 3:
94411546.jpg

2. I've never been to the real New Orleans...how does POFQ compare?

It captures the 'feel' as far as design clues, landscaping touches, and lots of nice little detail charms like the tiled street names on the corners, the street sign design and fonts, the horsehead posts, ironwork, etc. The shaded 'streets' have a Garden District feel, and the horse-drawn carriages add a nice touch. It's definitely a distilled, tame version of the real thing, but still very evocative and does have a unique blend of southern charm feel and quiet laid-back ambiance. I lived in New Orleans for 4 years - and absolutely love the place...and I had never stayed in PO French Quarter until this March. I came away with this being my favorite moderate by far, if not one of my favorite overall properties in Disney. Even when I'm not staying there, I'll take the Marketplace boat over, walk the grounds, grab some beignets, and enjoy the quiet atmosphere.

94411532.jpg

94411528.jpg

94411552.jpg

94411558.jpg

These pictures sure bring back a lot of memories. My DH and I last stayed back in 1996 when I was pregnant with my DS. WE are actually going back and staying on the 25th with now DS who is nearly 12 and our other DS who is 9. My DH and I are looking forward to it.

I have a picture of me and DH by the fountain that is in the pictures and plan on updating that picture.

This time I want to take that carriage ride and ride in the boat to downtown disney.

You'll love POFQ. We like it because the buildings aren't as spread out as the other resorts. Which is really nice after spending a longggggg, hotttttt day at the parks, you don't have to walk far to get to the pool or ferry.

DH goes to New Orleans on business frequently. He said the architecture and details make it look very much like the real French Quarter. BUT, the streets are much cleaner.

Another nice bonus, unless they've changed the bus route since last year, POFQ is picked up before POR.

Thanks for posting some pictures of a king sized room. DF and I are staying in one next August for our honeymoon and I enjoy seeing pictures of these rooms in particular. They look so roomy, especially since there will only be two of us. Now I'll be interested to see how he feels it compares to New Orleans - he lived there for a couple of years as a kid

I'm getting excited with all the pictures.
I grew up in Louisiana and visit New Orleans once
a year.
POFQ really captures the charm of New Orleans with
a touch of Disney.
We stayed at POR last year and visited POFQ one
day and fell in love with it so decided to spend this
years trip there.
So looking forward to our stay and eating Beignets!!:love:

Thanks for posting some pictures of a king sized room. DF and I are staying in one next August for our honeymoon and I enjoy seeing pictures of these rooms in particular. They look so roomy, especially since there will only be two of us. Now I'll be interested to see how he feels it compares to New Orleans - he lived there for a couple of years as a kid

No problem. :) We decided it had all of the "best" parts of NOLA (the buildings, the carriages, the fun side) without the "funk" parts (drunks, dirty streets, etc.). The room was very spacious for us. You know when you go to a regular hotel for awhile, and your stuff ends up all over the room and it starts to feel claustrophobic? Not there. It was great!

Thanks for posting the pictures.

We will be staying at POFQ for the first time this coming January. I decided that we need to have a trip with all new things. After staying at POR for forever, this is the time to make the change. I am so excited.

I'm staying at POFQ for one night in December before a short DVC stay with my DH. We will be staying in King sized bed room. I'm afraid we won't want to leave and switch over to SSR. Just kidding - we love SSR.

But I am excited to see POFQ. I have heard so many great things about it and I thought the small size would work well for a one night stay. I also want to try a beignet.

We arrive mid afternoon and if we don't feel like a hitting a park that night maybe we will just spend the evening at the resort. I'm anxious to take pics of the Christmas decorations.

Gorgeous pictures. Thank you.

Does anyone know which buildings have the king size bed or are they equally devided between all 7 buildings?:angel:

I found a bunch for photos on flickr from user "disneytravelguru" -- i'd post the link but don't have enough posts to do so yet.

Anyhow, we're staying here for the first time in Dec. and looking foward to it too! I love the way the ground look. :)

I love the photos. I will be staying here this December and it's getting me in the mood.

Love these photos! Thanks to all who posted! We have never stayed at POFQ but are booked and so excited to stay at a different resort! Love the courtyard photos. Can't wait!

:yay:

We are going to POFQ (with free DDP!!!!) in 12 days!! :banana:
We can't wait, the photos are all great - thanks to everyone who posted - we'll add ours when we come back!
It's good to hear all the nice reviews of the resort - it looks gorgeous. I'll need to try those biegnets!
Di x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter