• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ or WL... having a hard time deciding!!

dolewhipsareforlovers

Mouseketeer
So we are going to Disney for our honeymoon and originally booked for POFQ, now that free dining was released WL would cost us $50 less. I originally loved the idea of how small and quaint POFQ is but was thinking that switching to WL would be nice since it is a deluxe!! Should I just stay at POFQ or is WL a nice resort? Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Wilderness Lodge is a pretty amazing resort. Being a deluxe, it will have a lot of amenities and is an all "interior room" kind of hotel. It is also a MK area hotel which is really nice. Boat and bus access to MK, the lobby, the views, the rooms, the restaurants, an amazing pool, the grounds and property itself are gorgeous. We love the WL. We either stay WL or YC/BC. Depending on my mood and time of year etc. In 2004, we were married at the Yacht Club, but stayed at The WL for our honeymoon.

Never stayed at POFQ, because for me personally, I prefer a deluxe hotel, and I have a thing about exterior entry into my room. If you can afford to upgrade to deluxe I would every time.

Wilderness Lodge is a pretty amazing resort. Being a deluxe, it will have a lot of amenities and is an all "interior room" kind of hotel. It is also a MK area hotel which is really nice. Boat and bus access to MK, the lobby, the views, the rooms, the restaurants, an amazing pool, the grounds and property itself are gorgeous. We love the WL. We either stay WL or YC/BC. Depending on my mood and time of year etc. In 2004, we were married at the Yacht Club, but stayed at The WL for our honeymoon.

Never stayed at POFQ, because for me personally, I prefer a deluxe hotel, and I have a thing about exterior entry into my room. If you can afford to upgrade to deluxe I would every time.
Thanks for your input! The ammenedies sound better! And it's actually going to save us $50 to switch from POFQ to WL so I think it would be crazy not to switch!

Wilderness Lodge is a pretty amazing resort. Being a deluxe, it will have a lot of amenities and is an all "interior room" kind of hotel. It is also a MK area hotel which is really nice. Boat and bus access to MK, the lobby, the views, the rooms, the restaurants, an amazing pool, the grounds and property itself are gorgeous. We love the WL.

I agree, the WL is amazing! We've never stayed at POFQ, but we love everything about the WL. I would change and stay at the WL :).

WL would be a great choice, I think. The Lodge is beautiful and, we thought, very quiet. There are many places to go for walks or just sit and look at Bay Lake. The boat to Fort Wilderness and Magic Kingdom are convenient and quick. You can take that boat directly to the Contemporary and catch the monorail (although you do go to the TTC to ride it to Epcot, we found that to be a fun adventure). The pool area is lovely too. Best Wishes!

I'd switch for sure. I love both but the indoor rooms and deluxe would make me transfer for sure!

We have stayed at both, and love both. But, the WL is seriously awesome and we would choose it over POFQ any day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter