Pofq or old key west studio????

ZebraDomeCrazy

Silliness is one of my best qualities!
Ok, here is my latest dilemma - help me choose, please! I was ready to book free dining at French Quarter for DH and myself, for November26th trip. Now I have a friend who has DVC, and will let me use his points for a studio at Old Key West. We have never stayed at Old Key West before. We would have to pay for dining, but the total price of each trip ends up exactly the same. Part of me likes the thought of trying something new, but I am having trouble deciding. Please give me opinions, quick! I want to book this today or tomorrow - I don't want to lose out on the availability at FQ with free dining! TIA, Jane

I rent points every year and always stay at Old Key West. It's a fantastic resort. I say stay at OKW but that's just me.

I have stayed at both. No contest, I would pick OKW. The studios are spacious and the balcony is the deal breaker for me. I love that there is a refridgerator, microwave, toaster so we always do breakfast on our balcony!

I'm not a fan of the dining plans so you might want to take that into account as my opinion is probably slanted.

I have stayed at both. No contest, I would pick OKW. The studios are spacious and the balcony is the deal breaker for me. I love that there is a refridgerator, microwave, toaster so we always do breakfast on our balcony!

I'm not a fan of the dining plans so you might want to take that into account as my opinion is probably slanted.

Thank you both for your quick responses. How does the size of the studio compare to the size of room at FQ? Also, how is the pool, pool bar, lounge at OKW?

I've stayed at both and like both, but if I had to choose I would go with OKW. I haven't stayed at a studio at OKW only a 1 bedroom but we loved it!

I'm staying POFQ next trip (1st time) but I LOVE :lovestrucOKW...and would stay there in a minute If I could get a deal like yours, the rooms are HUGE....my fam of 4 has stayed studio for 10 days before and been just fine.....stay OKW!!!!!

Just based on looks alone and my experience at each, I'd go for POFQ. Just not really a fan of OKW.

The rooms at OKW are huge but I wish there were more dining options.

Thank you all! I just sent my friend a text to go ahead and book Old Key West! Now I am going to be on the boards non-stop looking for pics and reviews, lol. Half the fun of a Disney trip is the planning and anticipation!! Woohoo. Jane

OKW is our home resort and we love it and I'm sure you will too. The pool is awesome, bus service is always great, Olivia's is a very nice sit down and there are many amenities at OKW that you will not find at any of the moderates. You've chosen wisely:)

Have a great trip!!!

Good pick :thumbsup2 OKW is amazing and the most overlooked resort in my opinion. Some people say it's too spread out, but let's face it, walking along those beautiful grounds makes you REALLY feel like you're on a vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter