• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

And just to be sure I understood what John and Kevin spoke about, that would give us the service we needed to do Wifi calling on our phone (or Skype/Facetime/etc.). Correct?
Yes but...The problem with that scenario is that the phone needs to be connected to wifi to make the call. If you are the one originating the call, then that isn't an issue. However, if you are expecting a call you'd have to leave the phone connected to wifi until it comes in.

And just to be sure I understood what John and Kevin spoke about, that would give us the service we needed to do Wifi calling on our phone (or Skype/Facetime/etc.). Correct?

Check your phone settings to make sure wifi calling is available to you.

The best thing you can do is test it at home on your home wifi - put the phone in airplane mode, turn on wifi calling, then make a call to test it before you get on the ship.

Yes but...The problem with that scenario is that the phone needs to be connected to wifi to make the call. If you are the one originating the call, then that isn't an issue. However, if you are expecting a call you'd have to leave the phone connected to wifi until it comes in.
That's no problem. It would be us making the calls. Thanks.

Check your phone settings to make sure wifi calling is available to you.

The best thing you can do is test it at home on your home wifi - put the phone in airplane mode, turn on wifi calling, then make a call to test it before you get on the ship.
Thanks, John. My phone (iPhone 5) can't do Wifi calling but DW's (iPhone 6) can, but when she tried to test it, she just got a pop up that she needs to call AT&T to activate Wifi Calling on our account. I guess it's a feature that needs to be turned on somehow. Of course, either of us can still do Facetime or Skype audio calls or use WhatsApp to text and call over Wifi.

Of course, either of us can still do Facetime or Skype audio calls or use WhatsApp to text and call over Wifi.

I think our current plans just had wifi calling already activity which is why I didn't have to call.

Don't forget to download the RCCL app (just search the app store for Royal IQ or go here https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq) - you can text for free on the ships wifi. This way you can text with each other even with only one wifi package.

I used an app called Viber when my daughter was in Croatia for her study abroad program. We were really happy with it and will probably use it while on the cruise. I have noticed that if I put my phone in airplane mode, I cannot make any WiFi calls at all. Does anyone have idea why I'm having this problem?

I have noticed that if I put my phone in airplane mode, I cannot make any WiFi calls at all. Does anyone have idea why I'm having this problem?
What model phone and which carrier? Also, when you put your phone into airplane mode, did you then go back and turn on WiFi?

Don't forget to download the RCCL app (just search the app store for Royal IQ or go here https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq) - you can text for free on the ships wifi. This way you can text with each other even with only one wifi package.

According to the RCCL website, "Royal iQ only works when onboard Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas."

Has something changed so we can use it on the Oasis?

What model phone and which carrier? Also, when you put your phone into airplane mode, did you then go back and turn on WiFi?
I have Verizon, iPhone6. When I put the phone in airplane, the phone setting is grayed out and I can't do anything with it.

I don't know if wifi calling is available on Verizon. You'll need to contact them to find out if it is. We use AT&T and it works for us just fine. Also, once you put the iPhone on airplane mode you then go to settings>wifi to turn it on. Shortcut, swipe up from the bottom and tap on the wifi symbol.

According to the RCCL website, "Royal iQ only works when onboard Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas."

Has something changed so we can use it on the Oasis?

Royal IQ is only on the ships you mentioned here. A lot of chatter about it coming to the Oasis ships but not recently, guessing they are having tech issues! I believe this is the only app with a chat feature for RCL. With an internet package, you can keep in touch with anyone that has a smartphone using other programs. IPhone to IPhone with Imessage, or non iPhone facebook messenger, and I am sure many others. From listening to the show you will know I am technically challenged. What I have learned is to keep my phone in airplane mode and turn on the wifi. If I am on a limited data plan I also turn off any push notifications. For WIFI calling, I discovered this has to be supported by your carrier. My carrier does not, therefore it isn't available to me but my understanding is that it is to most other carriers. There are minimum requirements for phone/operating systems.

Also, At&T offers cruise cellular package. https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/roaming.html?tab=4

Even if this app (Royal IQ) did work on the Oasis, given the really poor reviews on the iTunes store I wouldn't rely on it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to book one way (WDW resort to port) and then one way back (port to MCO) via the Dreams transportation? Or are the only options round trip to and from the same resort, or one way only?

Does anyone know if it's possible to book one way (WDW resort to port) and then one way back (port to MCO) via the Dreams transportation? Or are the only options round trip to and from the same resort, or one way only?

Yes - email me and I will tell you how to handle it

I must have read this wrong the first time and thought you were asking something else :-) - this can all be done from the current form.

Just go to the link in the original post on this thread https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/PCC60/PCC60_start2.cfm and login. If you don’t remember the reservation ID and password there is a section on that form to be sent the information in email.

On the next page will be a ‘button’ to book transfers. On the page after that there will be your transfer choices; one will be “ROUNDTRIP: WDW Resort Hotel to Port. Port to Orlando International Airport”. When you proceed to the next page you can select the resort.

The rest should be pretty self-explanatory.

I wasn't going to do any excursions, but this one sounds like a good time....especially the chocolate part. My daughter called me and told me to book it before I was able to read the email from John.....

So......who else is going?

I can't decide whether the chocolate or tequila was more of a draw....but we're going either way! :)

My mom and I signed up.

I'm going, too! My roommate did not sign up, so I'll be clinging to whoever I know (I'm looking at you, Teresa lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter