Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

Robin"D";52237417 said:
here is a sneak preview for you....enjoy:

It is pretty Awesome, Soon You Real Soon!

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

That's awesome, thank you!

If PCC 5.0 is like the previous ones, there will be lots to do throughout the cruise. You might miss some of the magic porthole action. :sail:

Haha! We're definitely looking forward to learning what else gets planned beyond the concert. My wife and I have never traveled alongside a group for a vacation like this before, so it's new and we're kind of winging it.

I JUST jumped onto a new tv show filming through next year, and made sure it was known that I would not be free during this period of time... my wife would probably not be too pleased with a sudden cancelation. I'm great right now, but by the time the cruise hits, I'll probably be :faint:

Looking forward to chilling, meeting new folks, chatting, eating (hopefully not too much), and having a few drinks.

I JUST jumped onto a new tv show filming through next year, and made sure it was known that I would not be free during this period of time... my wife would probably not be too pleased with a sudden cancelation. I'm great right now, but by the time the cruise hits, I'll probably be :faint:

I f I may....Ask what this show is, if not can we talk once on board

Thanks

Robin"D";52244219 said:

I f I may....Ask what this show is, if not can we talk once on board

Thanks

You can totally ask, but I'd rather not talk about it here. You (or anyone) can find me on board and I'll absolutely talk movies and TV.
:cool1:

I've been kinda outta the loop. Have there been any other announcements about guests with our group other than Jodi Benson?

I've been kinda outta the loop. Have there been any other announcements about guests with our group other than Jodi Benson?

Nothing yet. Don't expect anything at least till the end of this month (at best) because John and Pete are traveling right now.

I heard a rumor that Justin Bieber was joining our group as well. :rotfl2:

I heard a rumor that Justin Bieber was joining our group as well. :rotfl2:

oh gosh I could go SO many places with that :cool1:

Ok I'll listen in more so I hear the announcements when they come.

So I went to look at booking stuff on board and apparently there are no spots available for brunch at Palo?

So I went to look at booking stuff on board and apparently there are no spots available for brunch at Palo?

There haven't been any spots left for over a week now. I was able to start trying on 9/1 and had no luck either.

There haven't been any spots left for over a week now. I was able to start trying on 9/1 and had no luck either.

That's odd. I was able to book Palo brunch for the second sea day on Tuesday. :confused3

Be sure you are looking at one of the sea days when checking for Palo Brunch, it doesn't run on port days.

Also, if you can't get a reservation on line there is still a fair chance you can grab one once you board the sip.

Just doing dinner at Palo, on Falmouth day. Getting 'kids' to Palo at brunch-time would be like herding cats.

I had previously written on this thread about an app that allows guests to communicate on their iPhones and iPads without logging in to the cruise ship wireless. The app creators have just posted on their Facebook page that the app is blocked on Carnival ships. It seems that Disney is doing the same thing. It sucks that some of us paid for the app that will not work. I apologize for this.

It has come to our attention that Carnival has blocked our service on some of their ships. This is the reason some users have experienced difficulties onboard Carnival vessels. This was a deeply disappointing move that only serves to inconvenience you, their customers.

Ripple was primarily tested aboard Carnival ships that have since blocked your only means of modern communication onboard. Our extensive testing and analytics show that Ripple has no negative effect on their local network nor does Carnival incur any cost through your use of our application. Carnival only blocked Ripple to force customers like you into an Internet package.

If you feel like this is a blatant violation of your rights as a passenger and shows reckless corporate citizenship, we ask you to tell Carnival in any way you see fit:
1. Tweet to them (@CarnivalCruise) with the hashtag ‪#‎UnblockRipple‬
2. File a complaint onboard
3. Call them up (1-800-764-7419)
4. Anything to let them know that it's time to stop treating passengers like cattle and bring the onboard experience out of the dark ages

Thank you for your support.

Hi all -

I was wondering if since we're all part of the same group if DU is organizing us into tables for dinner? From past cruises I know how awkward it can be to talk to people you don't know at your table! If there aren't plans to group us together, I'm sure there'll be a lot of us on the ship, so odds are we might be seated with people from PCC 5.0 anyway.

Hi all -

I was wondering if since we're all part of the same group if DU is organizing us into tables for dinner? From past cruises I know how awkward it can be to talk to people you don't know at your table! If there aren't plans to group us together, I'm sure there'll be a lot of us on the ship, so odds are we might be seated with people from PCC 5.0 anyway.

Tracey H does indeed put PCC cruisers together at tables.
She also tries to make sure we all have the same dining rotation- so we are all eating in the same restaurants each night.
Less trauma to other cruisers ;), and way more fun for us!! :yay:

Some of us are early seating and some of us are late seating.

Michael and I are part of the early crowd.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Hi all -

DCL has control over the dining and table assignments. On past cruises I have been granted a sneak peek at the assignments and allowed to make some tweeks. We also ask to be put on the same rotation. I would assume the same to be true this time, but you never know for sure!

Hey PCC cruisers!
Here is another way to help Give Kids the World!
The NJ DIS Meet gang are making holiday ornaments- and I am willing to hand deliver yours to you on the Disney Magic.

We have limited quantities, and are introducing new styles- so check our website for the latest selections. Enter the code PICKUP and note in your PayPal payment that you'd like to have it delivered on the ship. (Or you could PM me on the boards here)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter