Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

I just want to clarify regarding special events. There will be no announcements or official event schedule for some time. DCL will not even begin discussing logistics of onboard events, activities, and specifically the space required for events to take place, until after the paid in full date. That's when discussions begin. My best guess is it will be at least October before official announcements will be made.

This is 5.0 and the same as we've seen since 1.0!!! We realize it is less than ideal when planning other activities. But having been through a few of these now I can say it all just works itself out somehow.

Does anyone know what the current lineup of shows are on the Magic? It's been a few years so I am not sure if there are any new shows. Our last cruise on the magic, we had a Hypnotist and a movie premier. I think Villains Tonight, an Oscar themed show and a Dreams show were on the line up.

Robin"D";52126474 said:
Will there be a auction for Give Kids to the World?
If so who,is the point of contact?

Thank you

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

bump??!!?? Anyone ...again

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Val & I will be happy to donate some of our Disney memorabilia if this works out.

Robin, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about this for at least a month. The uber-planner (John Magi) for all that goes on during the cruise is going to be away for almost a month on a cruise+ABD trip. The earliest I'd expect to hear anything would be early October, as Tracey noted above.

Robin"D";52161646 said:
Hello Tracey,

I am not asking for any times or schedules, we were just asking if there will be an auction so that we may donate something for this great cause....

This would be considered an event, we can't plan events until we know how much time and space we will have. We may start with a big list of possible events that gets whittled down once we know time and space constraints.

I promise, we are not being intentionally secretive or vague, it is simply a logistics issue that we run into when booking groups.

I'll chime in.

DCL is hair-pulling-out SLOW.

I organized a couple things on another line - 9+ months out. They got back to me immediately with confirmation and room #. Easy-peasy.:)

I organized a couple things on DCL for PCC 4. You should see the # of emails. The seemingly constant changing of dates, times, room #.:furious:
Yet, in spite of promise to myself of 'never again', I'm organizing a couple things....Sheesh, I never learn.

I'll chime in.

DCL is hair-pulling-out SLOW.

I organized a couple things on another line - 9+ months out. They got back to me immediately with confirmation and room #. Easy-peasy.:)

I organized a couple things on DCL for PCC 4. You should see the # of emails. The seemingly constant changing of dates, times, room #.:furious:
Yet, in spite of promise to myself of 'never again', I'm organizing a couple things....Sheesh, I never learn.

:offtopic: :coffee: WOW, this thread is very slow.....

ANYBODY OUT THERE>>>>>>>>>>> :confused3

Hello......:wave2: Very excited about this this.....
Ok, excited about any DCL cruise.....HEY IT IS A DISNEY CRUISE!!!

But with any other PODCAST cruise, it never fit into our schedule.....
until now!

Well, just wanted to give a shut out

Robin"D";52186202 said:
:offtopic: :coffee: WOW, this thread is very slow.....

ANYBODY OUT THERE>>>>>>>>>>> :confused3

Yup. :wave:

Val & I are looking forward to the cruise. Like you, we're looking forward to any cruise. Including this one, we've got three others scheduled over the next year or so.

But Pod Cast Cruises are special. On one of the (2.0 I think) we were something like 25% of the ship. Everywhere you looked there were DIS credentials. It all meant a chance to make new friendships with people who you might never have met if it weren't for the boards. :disrocks:

Knowing the DIS team, they will have some really good stuff cooked up for us. Add to that the impromptu things that will happen when you get a bunch of friends together in one of the lounges, MDR or on deck and it will be a cruise to remember. :sail:

:wave2:
Yup. :wave:

Val & I are looking forward to the cruise. Like you, we're looking forward to any cruise. Including this one, we've got three others scheduled over the next year or so.

But Pod Cast Cruises are special. On one of the (2.0 I think) we were something like 25% of the ship. Everywhere you looked there were DIS credentials. It all meant a chance to make new friendships with people who you might never have met if it weren't for the boards. :disrocks:

Knowing the DIS team, they will have some really good stuff cooked up for us. Add to that the impromptu things that will happen when you get a bunch of friends together in one of the lounges, MDR or on deck and it will be a cruise to remember. :sail:

a~ha.....:sail: there is someone.....Hey Jeff & Val :wave2:

Looking forward to this, "finally" meeting you & the rest of the DIS family!

Robin"D";52186539 said:
:wave2:

a~ha.....:sail: there is someone.....Hey Jeff & Val :wave2:

Looking forward to this, "finally" meeting you & the rest of the DIS family!

Us too. :sail:

Unfortunately, we're waffling on whether to cancel cruise or not since would have to pull DD out of school right after being out for Thanksgiving. We booked over the excitement of having Jodi Benson who DD would LOVE to see and expecting more surprises but have to decide soon. Without more announcements, we're starting to lean toward canceling. :(

For the people looking for more announcements about this cruise, I can tell you that the DIS folks will make them once DCL and third parties confirm arrangements - and not before. The DIS doesn't want to announce an event on board only to have to withdraw if they can't complete the arrangements.

Both John and Tracey have said that right now DCL isn't ready to discuss the availability of venues, dates, times for this cruise. Without that cooperation, there is little that can be announced.

For the people looking for more announcements about this cruise, I can tell you that the DIS folks will make them once DCL and third parties confirm arrangements - and not before. The DIS doesn't want to announce an event on board only to have to withdraw if they can't complete the arrangements. Both John and Tracey have said that right now DCL isn't ready to discuss the availability of venues, dates, times for this cruise. Without that cooperation, there is little that can be announced.

Totally understand and not complaining as I know they can't announce, just disappointed that it will most likely result in our canceling. Hope we don't kick ourselves when the announcements finally can be made.

There is alot of work to this cruising stuff.

We are cabin 7524. Where do I sign up for the FE?

What's everyone doing for a hotel on Saturday night before the cruise?

I was assuming there would be a group rate the Swan/Dolphin, so I have been waiting. Plus, I guess I am also thinking there will be group transportation again as well.

Now I am getting a little concerned that maybe I should make a reservation somewhere, just in case. It is Thanksgiving weekend and I do not want to be homeless the night before the cruise! :scared:

Has anyone booked the Swan/Dolphin (or anywhere) just in case?

I am looking for thoughts on how long I should (or should not) wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter