Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

I recently became aware of a new iPhone app that allows cruise guests to communicate with other guests on board the ship through the ship's wi-fi network, but without requiring them to actually log on to the wifi account.

The app is 99 cents and seems to work. I know that the Disney ships have the wave phones, but their texting system wasn't all that great.

Here is a link to the app page: http://ripple-connect.com/index.html?ref=1

Here is a link to the review I read: http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/2014/08/17/ripple-cruise-communicator-review/

Thanks for finding this Mike. I'll have to check it out. :surfweb:

Robin"D";52099291 said:
Hello, just wondering when to book Palo's.
I know that three will be Dis events, and we only have two sea days.

Not looking for any information on the special events, just when they will be held. This is our first PodCast cruise, and do not want to miss anything

Thank you

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

Anybody???? :confused3

Robin"D";52099291 said:
Hello, just wondering when to book Palo's.
I know that three will be Dis events, and we only have two sea days.

Not looking for any information on the special events, just when they will be held. This is our first PodCast cruise, and do not want to miss anything

Thank you

I'd avoid booking a Palo brunch since there are only two sea days and I'd fully expect that there will be podcast events scheduled for them. So, that would leave you with Palo dinner on any of the nights, since podcast events usually don't overlap dinners.

Of course, only John knows for sure....

Hi Folks,

While we would love to provide everyone with our detailed plans for the cruise, we unfortunately can not.

This is not teasing or being intentionally secretive.

The fact is that DCL will not give us any information on available space until closer to our sail date.

This is very typical and happens each time we do this. It eventually works out, but we have to wait until they are ready to make those decisions.

We realize that this puts a crimp in making other plans, but it's not in our control.

As soon as DCL allows us to start making plans.....we will share the information.

Thanks.

Thanks Kevin,

The information will be out prior to the cruise, so we have a chance to adjust our schedules, correct?

Thanks again

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Hi Folks,

While we would love to provide everyone with our detailed plans for the cruise, we unfortunately can not.

This is not teasing or being intentionally secretive.

The fact is that DCL will not give us any information on available space until closer to our sail date.

This is very typical and happens each time we do this. It eventually works out, but we have to wait until they are ready to make those decisions.

We realize that this puts a crimp in making other plans, but it's not in our control.

As soon as DCL allows us to start making plans.....we will share the information.

Thanks.

I recently became aware of a new iPhone app that allows cruise guests to communicate with other guests on board the ship through the ship's wi-fi network, but without requiring them to actually log on to the wifi account.

The app is 99 cents and seems to work. I know that the Disney ships have the wave phones, but their texting system wasn't all that great.

Here is a link to the review I read: http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/2014/08/17/ripple-cruise-communicator-review/

Thanks Michael. :thumbsup2
Unfortunately, this is not available for Android phones.
I have one of each- so I'll be OK
But I know a lot of people who have Android will be disappointed.

Decided to downgrade to a cat 5B and use my DVC CASH promo discount. Saved
over $3,700. We'll use the savings toward our next concierge DCL cruise instead.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my job to give me the week off work.
Also the DCL website appears to be off target tonight. Its giving us a 6 night itinerary. Plus is something happening on Friday 5th. The site says Castaway day and no Palo brunch! :upsidedow

Thanks Michael,

Angel & I will try this on the WBPC cruise and report back on how it worked.

Thank again

Decided to downgrade to a cat 5B and use my DVC CASH promo discount. Saved
over $3,700. We'll use the savings toward our next concierge DCL cruise instead.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my job to give me the week off work.
Also the DCL website appears to be off target tonight. Its giving us a 6 night itinerary. Plus is something happening on Friday 5th. The site says Castaway day and no Palo brunch! :upsidedow

DCL website can be buggy. When I looked, 7-day.

I noticed that too! They'd missed off Grand Cayman on the itinerary list last time I looked. I'm sure it'll be back to 7 day next time I log in :badpc:

Hmm. Cayman shows up on map itinerary. But that day is missing on the written itinerary.

:confused3 Very strange....

[Tho' it wouldn't bother me if DCL dropped Cayman and put additional sea day..:lmao:]

Will there be a auction for Give Kids to the World?
If so who,is the point of contact?

Thank you

Robin"D";52126474 said:

I'd like to know too as I have a possible donation.

Thanks!

Hope everybody is getting their Palo reservations booked. We've got brunch (day 2) and dinner (day 4) set up. :)

Hope everybody is getting their Palo reservations booked. We've got brunch (day 2) and dinner (day 4) set up. :)

We're still Silver (this cruise will be our 5th)- so we can't make reservations until 9/1.
But we are planning to get to Palo a couple of times for sure!

We're still Silver (this cruise will be our 5th)- so we can't make reservations until 9/1.
But we are planning to get to Palo a couple of times for sure!

That's us, too. Hope there are spots left for brunch by the time we can book.

BUMP.....

Any one?:confused3

Robin"D";52126474 said:

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter