Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

I just booked Palo Brunch on Day 2 for Val & I. Hoping that this doesn't conflict with one of the activities. There are only 2 sea days on this cruise so its going to be difficult to avoid a conflict with whatever gets scheduled for the official events.

Pirate night is on Day 5 (Jamaica) of our cruise. I know some folks will want to book specialty dining that night.

I just booked Palo Brunch on Day 2 for Val & I. Hoping that this doesn't conflict with one of the activities. There are only 2 sea days on this cruise so its going to be difficult to avoid a conflict with whatever gets scheduled for the official events.

Pirate night is on Day 5 (Jamaica) of our cruise. I know some folks will want to book specialty dining that night.

That sounds so nice. I've wanted to do Palo Brunch for a long time after hearing so many great stories from others. :cool1:

:dance3: We are paid in full!! :dance3:

Letting the planning begin!
Can't wait for this cruise, but I have so many things happening before then that I know the time to set sail will be here before I can blink!!

:dance3: We are paid in full!! :dance3:

Letting the planning begin!
Can't wait for this cruise, but I have so many things happening before then that I know the time to set sail will be here before I can blink!!

YAY, Linda.
:thumbsup2Having events makes the time go by much faster.
We have a meet in Sep, meet in Oct.

And we're getting [or at least ordering] handicap van for DS this month.

Set to pay in full tomorrow- excited about planning!!! In all my DCL cruises, I've never eaten at Palo, so booking brunch will be first on my agenda!!!

Became paid in full when the DVC discount was applied and getting a refund from DCL. :cool1: DCL need not worry, I'm sure it will simply be spent onboard the Magic.

DVC discount :confused3 Do tell. I need to find the information to pay in full.

Tracey came through again! Same cabin (6548) with DVC discount saved us $470.

Thank you Tracey!

DVC discount :confused3 Do tell. I need to find the information to pay in full.

DVC announced a discount for members on several cruises and PCC 5.0 happens to be one of them. Send an e-mail to Tracey H and she will check to see if its a better deal that what you've already got booked.

Thank you Tracey! Saved money with DVC and got better cabin too

After hearing from Kevin that the May ABD to France has been cancelled, I contacted Tracey today to get a price for this cruise. For me, it was an either/or situation, and going to France next year was a priority. But now that it's not going to happen, I've turned my attention to this cruise. This would be my first cruise, and I'm still undecided. Something that is influencing my decision is the possibility of sea sickness. How stable is the Magic (okay, that sounds funny)? Should I worry about seasickness, or just drug up and hope for the best? I have until Friday to pay my deposit. Any comments are more than welcome. Thanks.

Wanted to add my thanks to Tracey for saving us $900 with the DVC discount on the same cabin we had booked. We've been waffling about canceling this cruise since it means pulling DD out of school for a week but the savings and just seeing all the Christmas festivities on this cruise are swaying us back to staying on board. A few more announcements of special guests would put us over the top (hint hint! ;) )

After hearing from Kevin that the May ABD to France has been cancelled, I contacted Tracey today to get a price for this cruise. For me, it was an either/or situation, and going to France next year was a priority. But now that it's not going to happen, I've turned my attention to this cruise. This would be my first cruise, and I'm still undecided. Something that is influencing my decision is the possibility of sea sickness. How stable is the Magic (okay, that sounds funny)? Should I worry about seasickness, or just drug up and hope for the best? I have until Friday to pay my deposit. Any comments are more than welcome. Thanks.

I get sea sick on smaller sailboats and have only had issues with motion sickness on one Disney cruise and that was in Alaska the one night we were on open water (the podcast cruise will be out 11th Disney cruise). We have always been told to choose a cabin closer to the middle of the ship to minimize motion and it seems to have worked for us. No drugs needed.

My sister uses Cherry flavor Bonine. Take one a day even if you don't think you need it and she does fine. She was always afraid of getting sick but now this will be her 6th cruise on Disney.

I use Bonine also.
I tend to get motion sickness fairly easily- so I read on the boards years ago to start the Bonine 2-3 days before you sail. Continue to take one pill every day until 2-3 days AFTER you are off the boat.

My husband does not usually have any trouble with motion sickness, but on our first Disney cruise, he did experience it. He even had to leave me and our sons at Palo brunch - he was so green!! But ever since then, he has joined me with the Bonine regimen and has not had any more issues.

Neither of us have had any side effects. We do enjoy our adult beverages in the afternoon and evening without issue! We take the Bonine at breakfast and we are good for the whole day.

It works like a charm. :wizard:

Been on numerous cruises. Numerous cruiselines. Only been seasick once, and seas were rough, so that some crew members were looking a little green, too.

DH swears by sea-bands. I like crystallized ginger, ginger candy, ginger ale.

I am so excited right now. After hearing about the DVC discount, I emailed Tracey to see if it could apply to my cabin. I had booked an inside cabin as I was saving up $$ for a few nights before and after the trip at AOA and POR. So Tracey called me back saying the discount was $600!!! At that time I was on the fence about wanting to upgrade to an outside cabin as those are ones I had always selected on other cruises. Today I emailed Tracey to see what the price difference would be for a CAT 9A. I was going the happy dance when she told me the cost would only be $183. Now not only do I have an outside cabin, but the price is lower then I had budgeted :woohoo::woohoo:

Many thanks to poohj80, MemphisMickey, wdwscout, and mdvlprof for the tips. I haven't heard of Bonine. Is it different from Dramamine? I forgot to mention that I'm in Canada. A quick bit of research tells me that Bonine/meclizine is no longer sold in Canada. Great. I'll keep looking, I guess.

FYI - The guest services desk / medical center on the ship will give you complimentary sea sick pills on request.

Many thanks to poohj80, MemphisMickey, wdwscout, and mdvlprof for the tips. I haven't heard of Bonine. Is it different from Dramamine? I forgot to mention that I'm in Canada. A quick bit of research tells me that Bonine/meclizine is no longer sold in Canada. Great. I'll keep looking, I guess.

My husband swears by Ginger Gravol (only sold in Canada) and a seaband. Bonine/Dramamine and the patch all gave him terrible side effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter