Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

DIS Shirts when checking in for sure! We even have one for Connor.

Hey Nikki,

We'll be the stealth DIS family not in DISwear! I'm sure lots of folks will be decked out in their DIS finest, though!

Stealth packing continues - and I had my car interior cleaned today. Aaaahhh, so nice! Almost don't want to let the family into it. :) Pedi tomorrow at lunchtime. So close!

XO
Liz

For those that know me on Facebook, my job situation has been turned completely in a great ball of muck, and it really couldn't have been a worse time...I'd love to give more details, but I can't yet.

If someone needs to get in touch with me, at least get a message to me, how might they be able to do so? I have this number: 1-888-322-8732, but I'm not 100% sure what that does.

I remember that the internet services is pretty expensive.

I understand that faxing services are available, but they are also expensive.

I'm just wondering what my options are....cheaper is better at this point :)

Well, it's been 2 1/2 hours, and I am still not entirely packed. Plus, the largest suitcase I own doesn't fit all of my stuff. Oy. It's time for a chat break. Podcast chat is tonight! :thumbsup2

Just checking in...

I am in the middle of packing (UGH - I HATE packing!). I thought I heard someone say that everyone is wearing their DIS shirts to the port. Is this the case? I just want to make sure I'm ready.

Brian is wearing his DisUnplugged Polo shirt. I'm wearing a Mickey sailing shirt that I got at the Disney Store!

I think the only thing that needs to be done is hairbrushes and the laptop to be packed. I had to pack early! I am working most of the day tomorrow including the evening and then off and on all day on Friday! We leave here at 6pm on Saturday evening after our girls' dance recital which runs from about 12-3:30ish! We will come home and just shower the kids and wait for the limo! Our flight is at 9 and we land in Orlando at midnight! Staying at the Hyatt at the airport and getting picked up at 10 am by FL Tours to be taken to the port! Stressed over the short time we have to get there but the weather looks to be cooperating, or at least we think! KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!

See you all on Sunday on the DREAM!!!!!

For those that know me on Facebook, my job situation has been turned completely in a great ball of muck, and it really couldn't have been a worse time...I'd love to give more details, but I can't yet.

If someone needs to get in touch with me, at least get a message to me, how might they be able to do so? I have this number: 1-888-322-8732, but I'm not 100% sure what that does.

I believe, the 888 # is to the shipboard satellite phone. If there was an emergency at home- the crew can reach you this way. Whoever is calling just needs to know your stateroom #. I do imagine that you will be billed for these calls on your room charges- so I would make sure your employer is willing to reimburse you for these hefty fees if you need to be contacted that badly.

Same if you use you work or personal cell phone when we are in a port. Expensive, but if they need you, they need to pay!

An internet package isn't cheap but if you pay for a package you can sign in long enough to check emails. Also for my cell phone I can use a text message package. My carrier has an add on where I can pay .20 a text. I find it to be my cheapest method of staying in touch.

The number for people to call the ship and leave a voicemail on your stateroom phone is 1-888-322-8732, but they have to use a credit card to connect to it and i believe its about $7.00 per min on their card, but they can get a message to you, otherwise, you would have to leave your cell one if you want a direct call which may incur roaming fees and internet fees if a smart phone, or you can buy an internet package and check your email on the ship. hope this helps.

I would suggest texts. They're much more affordable than voice conversations. Your cell phone is much cheaper per minute than the ships satelite phone.

I would suggest texts. They're much more affordable than voice conversations. Your cell phone is much cheaper per minute than the ships satelite phone.

I was thinking that was a possibility...it seems that the cell phone should still work on board, but with roaming charges. It's a company phone paid up for the next month...depending on what happens, I probably don't care much about those charges ;)

Are we allowed to bring a corkscrew on boards or is that considered a weapon? I actually want it more for our post-stay than on board but I don't want to break any rules.
What about a small pair of children's scissors? Is that ok?
This is our 1st cruise and I'm not 100% clear on the rules. We fly a few times a year so I have the TSA rules for carry-on bags pretty straight but this is all new to me!

Thanks!

Amanda

PS I'm having a super busy week at work combined with pre-vacation angst which is making me crazier than usual. I may ask lots of questions in the next 48 hours or so.... Hopefully not everyone with KNOWLEDGE has already gone to Disney. :lmao:

I don't know the answer (although you seem to have gotten good advice) but I just wanted to say I'm sorry! I'm used to answering work phone calls and emails from vacation and I already tried to warn the relevant people that I really won't be available this time. It's both weird and refreshing. So I do understand a bit about staying in touch with work. I hope things ease up and you're able to relax and enjoy your trip!

Amanda

Are we allowed to bring a corkscrew on boards or is that considered a weapon?
What about a small pair of children's scissors? Is that ok?

You can pack both in your checked luggage without a problem.:thumbsup2

Ask away- we have a couple more days! :cool1:

All packed and heading to the airport! Hope to be in the Animal Kingdom by lunchtime.

Can't wait to see you all down there!

Safe Travels to everyone!

One last day of work today-and a long one im sure, then we fly out tomorrow morning! Waiting to do airport check in about an hour from now! then its 2 nights at bay lake!

One day here also. Mine should fly by. i have a bunch of stuff to finish-up. Early flight tomorrow.

We're headed to the airport a bit later this morning. Our flight isn't until 2:40 but we figure we will have a bite to eat at Legal Seafood in the terminal and then relax in the Sky Club until flight time.

Public Service Announcement. :mic:

You will pickup stuff while on board. Between fish extenders and the gift shops you will likely be getting off the ship with more stuff than when you got on. It may be helpful to take one of those collapsable bags (or buy one on board) to hold it all on the return trip.

All packed and heading to the airport! Hope to be in the Animal Kingdom by lunchtime.

Can't wait to see you all down there!

Safe Travels to everyone!

Safe travels!!!

Public Service Announcement. :mic:

You will pickup stuff while on board. Between fish extenders and the gift shops you will likely be getting off the ship with more stuff than when you got on. It may be helpful to take one of those collapsable bags (or buy one on board) to hole it all on the return trip.

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Well, I think I got about three hours of sleep last night. I'm up early to go into work for a few hours and then heading back home to finish up packing and the like. The car service is picking me up at....:scared1: 4 am :scared1: so I am hoping I'll sleep more tonight purely due to exhaustion. lol

Have a great day and safe travels to those who are leaving today. :)

Safe travels, everyone! One more day of work and errands here. Then I sleep on through until tomorrow afternoon, when we hit the road! Packing is done but for the last-minute pieces (cooler bag with snacks). I'm loading the car tonight after the girls go to bed; they'll ride to camp tomorrow in DH's car. The surprise remains intact!!

XO
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter