• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning! Mondays are kinda lousy, but at least the birds were chirping away and the sunrise was beautiful!

Don't know if I have a four day work week or not. Depends on how the boss feels. Last year we only worked a day and a half the week of the 4th of July.
Show off :p
:hug: A hug is all I can think of Stacy :hug:, Go put on DIS radio and try to cheer up. :thumbsup2
A most excellent idea Paul! And it worked!!! Safe travels and try to stay cool, Paul. :cool2:
I won't mention that I have a 4 day week and since its a holiday week we only have to work 7 hr days.
YOU suck. Nuff said. :p (ps, you know I love you Don :hug: and clearly I am just jealous)

Anyone here ever heard of or been to Mouse Meets? It is not a DIS sponsored thing.
I went to Mouse Meets two years ago - it was fun but I think it would have been more fun if I had known more people before I went. Actually, Aaron described it perfectly.
I HATE when people do that! DH used to have season tickets and the guy right behind us did the same thing. It got to the point where you hated to go bcs that was all you would hear.

Did you get any bbq to go w/ the beer?
Heck yeah! Our first stop is always Boogs! Quick, fun story that you'll be able to relate to: About three years ago, we were at the O's game and were in line to get Boogs. There are two lines and both of them were looooong. In the middle was a guy in an O's uniform with a notepad and people were in a smaller line so I suggested to my dad that we should get out of the line we were in and place our order with the guy in the middle. :headache: The guy in the middle line with the uniform was Boog Powell, former first baseman for the O's and he happened to be signing autographs that day. Thankfully I didn't get far enough to embarrass myself - when we got close enough we saw what was going on and stayed put. :rotfl:

I would LOVE to play a game of Uno with anyone from FB, I either haven't figured out how to do it yet, or my friends aren't in the lobby the same time I am :confused3

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Jason and I will have a busy weekend/week. This time always is!
We are heading to the Kohl's Children's Museum in the AM for a special thing about bugs. Then heading over to a restaurant to meet with a friend, hanging out for a while. Maybe going to Taste of Chicago tomorrow night and Navy Pier to see Elevation (a U2 tribute band) they are really good.

On Sunday we will be going to Taste of Chicago with Aaron and the MIL. We have to spend the 300 tickets! Mind you most of the things we get are 3 tickets and they are equivalent in size to the items you would find at food and wine festival! 100 taste portions! I can usually eat 10 and I am stuffed to the gills! Can anyone say :sick:.
In the evening we are going to head over to Long Grove Strawberry Festival. It is kind of tradition now, Aaron has been every year since he was born. We get his picture taken in the same spot every year :).

Let me know when you're playing Uno and I will meet you in the lobby.

How was Strawberry Fest? I was bummed that we missed it this year. I missed Chocolate Fest this year too. I will not miss Apple Fest... yummm.... the Apple donuts are worth the 30 minutes you have to wait in line.

Good evening everyone. I had a great night with my friends tonight. I was thinking of you Dodie and Todd. We went to a martini bar, and my friend ordered a dirty martini. No one has ever told her how yucky they are!

Alex, my oldest kid, came home from a weekend in Springfield (where he goes to school) and told me he went to a martini bar this weekend. He tried a Dirty Martini and HATED it. :)

Happy Monday peeps! I fly to Vegas at 1:00 today for work. Everyone try and have a great Monday! :goodvibes

Have a safe trip!

Hi Tracy!

Hi Jason!

It is so good to be home!

Welcome home!

Alex, my oldest kid, came home from a weekend in Springfield (where he goes to school) and told me he went to a martini bar this weekend. He tried a Dirty Martini and HATED it. :)

I'm glad to see you raised your son to have the correct taste in martinis.:goodvibes

happy monday folks! :wave2: late start to these boards but by the time you read this your work day's almost over :thumbsup2

I'm smoking some pork butts (also known as Boston butts) for pulled pork sandwiches.
pork_cuts.jpg

Burgers, dogs, and brauts, for those who prefer that.

I just bought 20 racks of spareribs on sale for $1 a pound. There being frozen until the annual Shaw family Oink Cackle and Moo Barbecue in August. Basically we invite everyone we know to stop by have a drink and eat barbecue. It may be my favorite day of the year.

Sounds like u guys will have leftovers - I'll be right over! :teleport: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Morning all, another week has begun but at least we're getting near July. It's a scorcher here today :banana:

Great to hear y'all finally getting some :sunny: I'm sure you'll need some :drinking1 to cool down. On that note, possibly u can help me out...

My bro sent me some great Disney stuff for my bday this year and I thought I should send him something he loves too for his bday, instead of the usual practical (but nice!) stuff I think he needs. He loves English brew, as he finished his schooling in the UK. I found a great place that will ship beer (bevmo.com and as I live to emulate PW - in the interest of full disclosure, I have no financial relationship...:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Bevmo had lots of variety but as I don't drink beer at all, I had no idea what types to choose for him. So what are the best/most popular microbrews that are made in big enuf batches to be exported? I only know he likes pales and darks :lmao: :lmao:

Mornin. Mondays suck. I'm trying to look for the bright side and the only one I could find is that I woke up. Anyone got anything else?

:hug: and now go and get a fiendishly wicked dessert and don't share! :cake:

it's nice to be able to work in the creature confines of my house. of course - I will sneak in a little :happytv:

and I'm sure a little :surfweb: :disrocks:

I have had the same problem at Patriots games. It's just no fun.

Try being a Pats fan in Bills turf :scared1: :sad2:

It is so good to be home!

welcome home kathy! :wave:

whew, think I'm caught up :rotfl: :rotfl:
cheers,
:flower3:

Ann, I see you've raised a good son. YUCKY martinis.

I worked this morning. The morning went fast. Taught poor Madi how to mow the lawn this afternoon. Hopefully the next time she does it withou the tears. It will be easier for her to keep her rows straight :)

Liz, I'd love to hold out for the iphone, but Iowa just has crappy service for AT&T.

I think I'm off to read Gone With the Wind. I'm about half way through.

Heck yeah! Our first stop is always Boogs! Quick, fun story that you'll be able to relate to: About three years ago, we were at the O's game and were in line to get Boogs. There are two lines and both of them were looooong. In the middle was a guy in an O's uniform with a notepad and people were in a smaller line so I suggested to my dad that we should get out of the line we were in and place our order with the guy in the middle. :headache: The guy in the middle line with the uniform was Boog Powell, former first baseman for the O's and he happened to be signing autographs that day. Thankfully I didn't get far enough to embarrass myself - when we got close enough we saw what was going on and stayed put. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
{but it sounds like something I would do}

How was Strawberry Fest? I was bummed that we missed it this year. I missed Chocolate Fest this year too. I will not miss Apple Fest... yummm.... the Apple donuts are worth the 30 minutes you have to wait in line.
Man, I gotta get out to Chicago - you all have some AWESOME food fests out there!!!

It was great! A little sunburn, but I needed some color :lmao: We had wonderful company the whole stay, except they never shared any of their cake :sad2:

Glad you had a great time!!!

Let me know when you're playing Uno and I will meet you in the lobby.

Woo hoo! Ok sure thing!

We ended up not going to Strawberry Fest. We missed going to chocolate fest too! When is Apple Fest? In September? I want to take Aaron to an apple orchard this year, we tried going last year and you had to pay 40 dollars to pick apples:scared1:, I was like forget it! How was the Baby Shower??

I must have a weird taste....I actually liked the 5 on our table :laughing:

Man, I gotta get out to Chicago - you all have some AWESOME food fests out there!!!

If you ever come be sure to let us know! :hug: The apple/choc/strawberry fests are in a little town called Long Grove.

Good morning all. We got an early start since our son has decided the appropriate time to start the day is 5am. Oh well, I hadn't watched SportsCenter from start to finish in a long time.

Morning peeps, Its 90 degrees in Las Vegas and its 4:30 am!! :scared1:

What are you doing in Vegas, Don?

Something going in with you and Paul that your wives, all of your wives, don't know about? :rolleyes1

I was just checking since Paul didn't report in at 5am....its a balmy 60 degrees here.

What are you doing in Vegas, Don?

Something going in with you and Paul that your wives, all of your wives, don't know about? :rolleyes1
I was thinking the same thing! Either that, or he's offering the weather report for Paul? I think I read something yesterday about a fine line between creeper and stalker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter