• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

podcast cruise 1.0 - did anyone work out in the gym during the cruise?

Thanks for a serious answer about the gym.

Maybe I will go check it out! :yay::banana::yay::banana::yay:

For those that never found the gym, you had to go through the spa to get there. As I mentioned, we did go an look around on the first day. But we wound up buying some spa services and never made it past the rainforest room thereafter.

That may be why I didn't find it. The women guarding the entrance were a tish scary.

I went to the gym on the wonder every day during the podcast cruise. We were gone for over 2.5 weeks so I wanted to get some form of exercise in when I could

2 days I did some light weights and worked out on the ellipitical ....and the other 2 days I took spin classes and during one of them goofy was spinning right next to me (for about 5 minutes of the class) Goofy even took a towel and wiped the sweat off my head :lmao:

The gym was nice and suited its purpose it was never crowded where I couldnt get a machine, although I did think it was a little on the small side and found it hard to do crunches on the floor....Im trying to remember if there was an additional fitness room where they held classes but the spin classes were held right in the middle of the gym and whatever music the spin instructor decided on playing the rest of the gym had to listen to (unless you had an ipod)

I do have to admit I did enjoy running on deck 4 also (i think)

spinning with Goofy! that sounds like fun (the goofy part not the spinning part)...so maybe i will try my luck at getting past the scary spa guards....:goodvibes

That may be why I didn't find it. The women guarding the entrance were a tish scary.

You could out princess those girls any day. :rotfl2:

I did workout 2 days on the ship. To try and work off some of what I am eating on the ship I don't take the elevators. Always doing stairs helps burn those calories from desserts.

The gym is very nice, small but nice and great views off the front of the ship. It's very low key but I was not in there when there was a class going. The thing you have to be careful of is if you are doing free weights. The movement of the ship with the weights will cause you to lose your balance even easier. Use lower weights then you would typically use for free weights. The other thing to watch out for is if you are tall. (not even close to an issue for me) The clearance over the treadmills and elipticals is low. If you are about 6' or taller you could bump head easy.:yay:

Let's see if I have this right. I can either brave the gauntlet of "scary" women so that I can, possibly, tip over with weights in my hands (and probably take out a few other guests on the way) or smack my head on the gym ceiling.
Or, I can hang out at a bar or dining area where such dangers do not exist.
What will I do? Decisions, decisions.:confused3

I went to the spa, so I was NEAR the gym, got a $55 pedicure and then spent about $150 on products - remind me to STAY AWAY FROM THE SPA!

Let's see if I have this right. I can either brave the gauntlet of "scary" women so that I can, possibly, tip over with weights in my hands (and probably take out a few other guests on the way) or smack my head on the gym ceiling.
Or, I can hang out at a bar or dining area where such dangers do not exist.
What will I do? Decisions, decisions.:confused3

If you need help with this Greg, let us know. :drinking1

spinning with Goofy! that sounds like fun (the goofy part not the spinning part)...so maybe i will try my luck at getting past the scary spa guards....:goodvibes

the 4 times i went to the gym the spa guards never bothered me maybe just a good morning but that was about it

I also "intended" to hit the gym, but was super busy and bit under the weather. I did get up to run the 5K on Castaway Cay so I felt a little better about myself. The track around the boat was also nice, although I felt like I was going to hit my head a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter