• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

podcast cruise 1.0 - did anyone work out in the gym during the cruise?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
the title's pretty self-explanatory..

did anyone work out in the gym during podcast cruise 1.0?

If so, when during the day?

was it difficult to find time that didn't conflict with other things?

was the gym crowded?

and anything else you can think of...

We checked it out the first day with good intentions, but never actually got there during the cruise.

We could schedule a podcast cruise meet-up at the gym.

How many people do you think would show up?

I knew there was a gym on board. I honestly looked for it. But I guess it wasn't a high enough priority, because I never found it. Maybe next time.

I don't usually go to the gym on cruises, but one of my favorite activities is to take my "constitutionals" on the Promenade Deck. I love walking around in the fresh air, watching the ocean go by, maybe sitting in one of the chaise lounges there.

That counts as exercise, doesn't it?

I had full intentions of going to the gym, but with the late nights, and the official and un-official events I never made it. I brought the stuff, so I guess I had a work out carrying it back and forth. :)
I took the steps a lot!

I am planning on doing my morning walks to walk off all the good food we'll be eating.

For those that never found the gym, you had to go through the spa to get there. As I mentioned, we did go an look around on the first day. But we wound up buying some spa services and never made it past the rainforest room thereafter.

i see that i have LOT in common with this group..

so i guess the answer is, don't waste my suitcase space on gym shoes...:goodvibes

i kinda had the feeling that would be the case....check it out on the first day with good intentions and then never make it back...
(good intentions is my middle name :rolleyes: )

I don't usually go to the gym on cruises, but one of my favorite activities is to take my "constitutionals" on the Promenade Deck. I love walking around in the fresh air, watching the ocean go by, maybe sitting in one of the chaise lounges there.

That counts as exercise, doesn't it?

I don't think it "counts as exercise" if the chaise lounges is moving and you are not! :rolleyes1

I went to the gym on the wonder every day during the podcast cruise. We were gone for over 2.5 weeks so I wanted to get some form of exercise in when I could

2 days I did some light weights and worked out on the ellipitical ....and the other 2 days I took spin classes and during one of them goofy was spinning right next to me (for about 5 minutes of the class) Goofy even took a towel and wiped the sweat off my head :lmao:

The gym was nice and suited its purpose it was never crowded where I couldnt get a machine, although I did think it was a little on the small side and found it hard to do crunches on the floor....Im trying to remember if there was an additional fitness room where they held classes but the spin classes were held right in the middle of the gym and whatever music the spin instructor decided on playing the rest of the gym had to listen to (unless you had an ipod)

I do have to admit I did enjoy running on deck 4 also (i think)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter