• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

nmoore14 said:
Anyone else doing the Grand Cayman Island Tour (2-hours) at 12:45pm or the Mayan Ruins & Mexico Cultural Park (4-hours) at 8:45am? Has anyone been on either one of these tours? Can't wait only 89 days to go!!!

We took the GC Island Tour on the Magic in Oct 2011 :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm glad to see there will be a group of Disers taking the island tour on GC! Looking forward to meeting everyone on the bus!

Debating which camera to bring. I love taking photos. I love my dslr. But this is a relaxing vacation. Except for running around and doing three parks in one day on Friday. I have a nice point and shoot with a zoom lens and a decent amount of mega pixels. It's would save carry on space and weight. Logic says go with the small camera. Since when am I logical when it comes to Disney?

Kim

Debating which camera to bring. I love taking photos. I love my dslr. But this is a relaxing vacation. Except for running around and doing three parks in one day on Friday. I have a nice point and shoot with a zoom lens and a decent amount of mega pixels. It's would save carry on space and weight. Logic says go with the small camera. Since when am I logical when it comes to Disney?

Kim

I'm going to go with - bring both! :rotfl2: Seriously, if you do most of your running around with the small camera that should suffice. But if you're like me with my DSLR, whenever I'm trying to take photos with something else, I miss my good camera and the serious lenses. If you kept your DSLR in the safe until you saw specific need for it (obviously that doesn't work on an outing), you would have both options. Of course, carrying two cameras and the associated gear is REALLY not traveling light. :rotfl:

Lisa, you are sooooo, helpful. :rotfl2: I thought it would be Jeff that would be so helpful to me. Althought I should have known since I don't think I saw you once without your camera in L.A.

See you soon.

Kim

Lisa, you are sooooo, helpful. :rotfl2: I thought it would be Jeff that would be so helpful to me. Althought I should have known since I don't think I saw you once without your camera in L.A.

See you soon.

Kim

Yep, I'm the helpful sort of person. :lmao: I have a hard time being anywhere interesting, gorgeous or fun without my camera. :)

See ya real soon! (though not soon enough for any of us, I'm sure)

Lisa

Kim

we are also going to do three parks on friday :) start at mk and see the new fantasyland, head over to dhs try to get in a go around on tsm (our fav ride)and see the osbourne lights and get over to epcot for extra pm hours ..maybe we will run into each other. We have never bought park hoppers in all our trips, but since we only have 1 day and will not be back at disney for a while we gotta cram it all in :thumbsup2

Kim

See you soon.

Kim

I'm going to go with - bring both! :rotfl2: Seriously, if you do most of your running around with the small camera that should suffice. But if you're like me with my DSLR, whenever I'm trying to take photos with something else, I miss my good camera and the serious lenses. If you kept your DSLR in the safe until you saw specific need for it (obviously that doesn't work on an outing), you would have both options. Of course, carrying two cameras and the associated gear is REALLY not traveling light. :rotfl:

Can't believe that Lisa beat me to it, but yes Kim that would have been my answer as well. I guarantee that I'll have both the big camera and the PnS. I just love taking pictures of parts of the ship and in the ports (some of which I haven't seen in 20+ years) with the big camera. But I also love wandering around unencumbered. So you'll see me with the big camera and you'll see me without a camera (it will be in my pocket, but yes I am happy to see you too ;) ).

Fortunately Val & I won't have a packing issue this time since we are driving down. :drive:

I too am a double camera guy. Fortunately, I have been able to fit both in one bag. So, for me it's quite easy. Bigger bag houses the DSLR - smaller bag holding the waterproof P&S fits inside. So, for me - I'm taking the big bag anyway, so it's only a weight thing (and this is a carryon, so only my shoulder cares!) not a space concern.

Now for you three parks in one day folks - egads!!! I get wanting to cram, but even for this Disney geek three parks in a day seems ultra insane. Now if you can catch the transportation just right - I guess you can do some damage - but I'd go crazy with all the dead time moving between parks and lines... I've done two parks in a day and been productive - but three? You guys are hard core! Thankfully we are coming in three days early so we can avoid the cost of a park hopper - we just had to eliminate one park from the rotation. Good luck!!

My parents did all 4 parks in one day once! It can be done!

We are a multiple camera carrying family. Scott carries his DSLR & I carry the waterproof point & shoot. Sometimes, DD carries a camera also!

Well the 3 parks in one day is really, check out the new Fantasyland, wander around Epcot at leisurely pace, head over to DHS for Osbourne and then back to Epcot for Illuminations and EMH. If Fantasyland is crazy crowded, beyond the level we are willing to deal with, we will be gone fast. Epcot is our main plan.

Kim

We're also doing the 1:15 Chacchoben Ruins (Adults Only) with our tablemates.

Cozumel we're doing the 8:45 Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins

Did Chacchoben in April, was fascinating. Wished I had read something more before going.

Was thinking of Tulum if offered. Anyone else thinking of that?

Did Chacchoben in April, was fascinating. Wished I had read something more before going.

We are doing Chacchoben. What would you recommend reading in advance?

We are a multiple camera carrying family. Scott carries his DSLR & I carry the waterproof point & shoot. Sometimes, DD carries a camera also!

This is us, Only Kevin and I switch off the carrying. Bag holds the PnS and the waterproof Pns.

Family of shutterbugs.

Oh no doubt it can be done - but I have to imagine the quality of immersion is rather low in doing so. I have to admit I admired the podcast with the Disneyland guys that were able to hit all the domestic parks in one day. That was pretty cool.

Anyone good with geography to know if you could do all 6 parks domestically and travel the international date line and hit two parks in Tokyo for a big Disney park adventure on one date?

My parents did all 4 parks in one day once! It can be done!

I originally planned to go to Tulum, then decided I didn't want to spend 2 hours each way to get there. Instead, I'll see the less impressive San Gervasio Ruins (in Cozumel) and the Discover Mexico Cultural Park - with some time left over for wandering around.

FYI - The Discover Mexico Cultural Park is something one could easily do on their own. We have not visited this attraction, but I have been in it's parking lot!

On our July cruise, we did a Segway tour that took us to that parking lot to practice and get our bearings. From the dock where we were tied up, it was maybe a 5 minute ride to the center. I have to imagine the taxi fare for thise jaunt would not be large. So, if you wanted to save some money, this would be an easy excursion to do on your own.

Again - no experience of any kind as to the quality within, but we have physically been to the site. And for what it is worth, it looks on the outside like a modern museum.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter