~PO Riverside- July 19-25 report

MrsPrice

Mouseketeer
~So we returned from our wonderful Disney trip. This was our first stay at a resort besides the All stars.

We will not stay at another moderate resort again. Definitely prefer the All Star resorts.

The resort was nice at but we lost the Disney feel being there. We could see nothing but trees and bushes while at our resort. There is no Disney theme there. The only Disney theme you see is on the plates and cups at the restaurant and of course the standard gift shop. Other than that you dont see anything Disney. When we go we want the whole Disney feeling. The All Star resorts are very fun and keep you in that awestruck mood.

We stayed in building 27- Alligator bayou. I requested building 14 but was VERY pleased with this spot. We were near the main hall and Ol Man island. We had a corner room which would have been nice with the extra window but they kept their linen cart next to our window all week. Very annoying!! I could have called but they would have probably just stuck it in front of some other window.

We used the trundle bed and found it adequate. At night we like to wind down and let the kids watch TV while we rotate through showers. From the trundle you cannot see the TV. Also, the person on the trundle will be quite colder than the people on the beds. I would request and additional blanket. The trundle is near the air conditioner.

Each day when they cleaned the room they would turn off our air so when we returned to our room it was unbearable! I would leave a note asking them to not turn it off. Also, at All Star they would always make cute animals with the towels and such but nothing at POR. It was kind of like a very adult place to stay- no time for kiddy stuff- at least that is how we felt.:confused3

For the difference in price I was really expecting there to be a difference in the room. Not pleased at all. It was the same as the All Star rooms juts 1 more sink and the refrigerator. I would rather pay $10 a night for a fridge at All Star then pay $90 more a night for the room.

The pool is very nice but nothing spectacular. The slide was nice and short and that was about it. we normally spend a lot of time at the pool but it just didn't wow us or get us excited. We did use the "quiet" pool once while I did laundry. Just your basic pool- which is what we expected.

Laundry was not bad. We brought the sheets that have soap and softener in one. Those worked great. It was $2 to wash and $2 to dry. The dryers were working great so we were able to finish up someones time. I did laundry twice and both times did not have to pay to dry. They are small washers so I had to use 3 washers.:laundy:

The food court was AWESOME!! The make your own pasta was absolutely delicious!!:thumbsup2

We stopped by the French Quarter and were very glad we didn't stay there. The restaurant area there was very small and seemed old. We were there at 5pm and 2 of the food places weren't open. The dining area was significantly smaller as well. The pool was nothing great as was ours.

The boat ride to Downtown Disney is wonderful. It was nice to be able to have a peaceful ride for 25min and pass lots of resorts on the way.

All in all we would not stay there again.:sad2:

Sorry you didn't enjoy POR for the most part-- It sounds like you and your family just prefer the values, which are the only resorts in Disney that are "Disney-themed" (except for CBR which has nemo bedspreads or pirate rooms-- but the resort itself is not Disney themed). At least you now know what you like, and you can go back to the All-Stars next trip. Thanks for the report!

Sorry you didn't enjoy the POR. Each person has different tastes, experiences, preferences, etc., and at least you gave it a try. We stayed at the All Stars and we didn't like it at all, but then we don't need Disney 24/7...we like going back to our resort and relaxing and getting away from the mayhem for a couple of hours and why we choose to stay at the CSR every visit. But this is what is so great about Disney...there is something for everyone.

Glad you had a wonderful trip despite your resort choice.

Thanks for your honest feedback....I wish I preferred the allstars:headache:

OMG....turning off the A/C......totally unacceptable:scared1:
Kerri

Sorry you didn't like your stay at Riverside. We are staying in the values (after much back & forth between CBR & POP) and am hoping we feel the same about POP. Being at POR did make it feel a little more 'grown up' so we are excited about the disney themed feel at POP. Thanks for your input, making me feel better about the $ we saving staying at a value! :goodvibes

Im a value girl myself though Im going to try deluxe to say I tried it. But I know the feeling you describe about the values :) But some people like the not so disney feel so to each their own :)

Glad overall the trip was good...:)

The resort was nice at but we lost the Disney feel being there. We could see nothing but trees and bushes while at our resort. There is no Disney theme there. The only Disney theme you see is on the plates and cups at the restaurant and of course the standard gift shop. Other than that you dont see anything Disney. When we go we want the whole Disney feeling. The All Star resorts are very fun and keep you in that awestruck mood.

We usually stay at moderates or which is why I don't get it when people complain that Swan/Dolphin isn't Disney themed. :rotfl: I guess it is a big difference though if you're comparing to the Values. We don't want to be completely submersed in Disney. Glad you gave a mod a try and now you know what YOUR family likes. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter