Plus size shopping

Thanks soo mch. Our first thing tonight is DTD so I will get some stuff there before we hit the parks tomorrow. Sometimes I'm a 2x sometimes 3x.

Quick question before we leave today. Where is the best lpace to find plus size souvenirs like shirts etc.?

In June 2005, at the Emporium on Main Streat at MK, I saw Happiest Celebration t-shirts that were 3x, 4x and there was a 5x. I'm usually a 2x and was really surprised to see the 4x and 5x shirts. It was the first time I had ever seen t-shirts larger than 2x at WDW. We were there 10 days and this was the only place I saw these sizes. I don't remember seeing these larger sizes at World of Disney.

Well they better start printing some more 3X shirts before tihs summer! :lmao:

C'mon Disney, do you want my money or not??

Thanks! I needed this information too- DBF would "need" at least a 3x and I really wanted to buy him a shirt on his first trip :thumbsup2

Being plus size, I've never really had too many problems finding anything that I liked in any place in Disney. They really think of us...not just the size 5 people!!!

Have fun on your trip!:yay:

Also be sure to check your resort shop, I found a 3x shirt at the AsMu gift shop I loved so much I bought two of them. :cloud9:

we found up to 5x in mousegears in epcot in a couple of styles.

Can I just check - as far as I understand 1x is womans 18-20 and 2x womans 22-24 is that right?

Does anywhere have fitting rooms? Not sure which I will be. :confused3

Any idea how much the shirts are? I thought it would be cool to have one from each park but especially a pirate: one.

Could be that it was just timing but I had trouble finding "larger" sizes anyplace in the world. I had to go to Walmart in Kissimmee to get what I wanted.

Disneyland was even worse...I guess that in California you have to be thin and fit by law but I couldn't find anything at all.

I am glad to hear that they have corrected that situation. I was starting to feel unwanted. :rolleyes1

I bought a few shirts on my trips there and one thing you've got to watch is the sizing (heh, like anywhere really!). A couple of my XXL tee shirts are HUGE and are more truly a 3X. A couple of the XXLs are fine. Also, there's a Walmart in Kissimmee (sp?) if you can get to it. They have quite a few plus size WDW tees that are nice.

There are two different size groups. If the shirt is a women's only, then a 2x is a 22/24. There are also "adult" sizes that can run up to at least 5x. I'm not sure what the women's size conversion on these would be, so you might have to try one on. I've seen people try things on over what they're wearing if a fitting room wasn't available. The cashiers also have size conversion charts, so if you find one that's not busy, they can look it up for you.

I have always had good luck finding 3X women's clothes at Mouse Gears in Epcot. I got a great lavender fleece jacket w/Tinkerbell embroidered on it in December. So cute!!! They also had babydoll tees and cute zip up hoodies in Plus Sizes. :yay:

Ok, maybe this is the right place to post this. I want a pair of the cute Disney Jeans or a skirt with Mickey that they sell in the disney store. Disney Store only carries up to size 12. I have not been a size 12 since college. Where can I find size 18 or 16w jeans with Mickey?

The only plus size items I have been able to find are shirts,T-shirts,etc. I have never been able to fine shorts,jeans,pants in plus sizes. Does Disney think that us large people don't want to wear Mickey on our butts??

On our last trip I found a couple T-shirts in the parks that I loved. I spent a couple days searching all the shops to make sure I bought the ones I liked best. As luck would have it I had to make a trip to Walmart and found the exact T-shirts I wanted for half the price!!!(( Had authentic disney tags on )) So instead of paying Disney $19.98 ea I paid Walmart $9.99. The Walmart on Rt 535 had a great Disney selection...everything from small child to 4x.

Word of warning - about any t-shirt, not just plus size... it may shrink in washing.

Last trip we bought shirts at AK and when I washed them they all shrunk. I got a 2x for DH, XL for myself, and child's size for DS. I was so upset when I took them out of the dryer. My XL was all of a sudden somewhere between a M & L, and DH's 2X was definitely not that anymore. I don't know if it had to do with the fact these were all white T's, but it sure did make me mad!!!

On the other hand, a few years back DH and I bought shirts - XL & 2X - in a bright color and neither has shrunk a bit!

So just be careful, and maybe always wash in cold & drip dry???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter