Please tell your favorite foods at these restaurants....

princessjadesmom

Mouseketeer
We have reservations at these places and I'd like to know what your favorites are at these places. :-)
1:Coral Reef (dinner)
2:Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
3:Kona Cafe (dinner)
4:Boma (dinner)
5:Crystal Palace (lunch)
Yes, I know Boma and Crystal Palace are buffets, but I'd like to know what's really yummy on the buffet too. :wave2:

The only one of these that I visited fairly recently is Crystal Palace. I like their fire-roasted corn spoon bread.

The only one I have recommendations for is Liberty Tree Tavern. The pot roast is really good. So is the Colony salad, I think it's called, and I like it with grilled chicken. And the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake is the best! I didn't care for the pasta or the chocolate cake. My opinion, of course!

Interesting, I just noticed that in over 30 something years of going and eating strictly in the parks and resorts, the only one of those I've eaten at was LT and that was on a KTK tour and I can't even remember what we had. Could be partly because I don't do buffets or character meals. I may have eaten at Kona Cafe years ago when we stayed at Poly but frankly if we did I don't remember it.

I've eaten both lunch and dinner at Kona. Lunch was amazing (Teriyaki steak). But they only have it on the lunch menu as of 2014 and got a new chef and I'm less than impressed with dinner (we actually got sick from the food). Service was also painfully slow last time we were there and we seemed like a burden to the waitress(we weren't).

1:Coral Reef (dinner) - the pork tenderloin
2:Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) - the New England Pork Roast & the Pilgrim's feast
3:Kona Cafe (dinner) - The Volcano Roll is to die for & the Grilled Kona Coffee-rubbed Pork Chop
4:Boma (dinner) - never ate there
5:Crystal Palace (lunch) - don't remember any that great.

1. Coral Reef (dinner or lunch): Mahi Mahi; turtle cheesecake
3. Kona Cafe (dinner): strip steak; banana-chocolate creme brulee. Complimentary bread service is great with macadamia nut butter
4. Boma (dinner): beef carvery; nut-crusted salmon, bobotie (ground beef or lamb base with cooked egg topping & spices (bit on sweet side); couscous salads; seasonal soup (on rotation/diff soups on diff nights of the week); fresh fruit (watermelon & strawberries usually sweet) & zebra domes (don't miss signature dessert)

Last edited:
I love the pot roast at LTT...we also like the Mozz Sticks for an App. They use to have this really really yummy chocolate cake too, but they took that off the menu :( I think I remember seeing a boston creme cake or something a long those lines on their menu now, so I guess I will try that on our next trip, lol. We usually do Crystal Palace for Breakfast and we have never been to Boma so can't help you there. Coral Reef I got their steak (I think its the only steak on the menu, lol), bc I am not a huge fan of fish dishes lol...I did like their steak it was pretty good. My kids liked the mac n cheese there and my hubby got the lobster soup and my older son (who is a pretty picky eater) tried some and really really liked it. Kona we had lunch at a couple of years ago and I think its basically the same as dinner and I had some BBQ dish, can't remember if it was a burger or a steak though, lol, but it was pretty tasty (I know that doesn't help you much, lol)...we usually eat Breakfast at Kona...I love their coffee!

I can comment only on the Coral Reef and Crystal Palace since I haven't been to the others. (Well, I have eaten at Boma and hated everything, but I'm obviously in the minority on this board.)

The Bailey's and Jack Daniels mousse dessert is fabulous at Coral Reef. At the Crystal Palace, I enjoy the creamy soups and the flank steak with veal demi-glacé and/or horseradish sauce.

Just had a great dinner in early May at the Coral Reef. I had the Shrimp and Grits and it was fabulous, but just a little spicy from the Adouille? sausage if that is a problem for you.

1:Coral Reef (dinner) - Had the steak dinner in March with broccoli and mashed potatos - loved it! I was not impressed with the turtle cheesecake,though
2:Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) - I usually just get the burger for my main meal, but the Ooey Gooey toffee cake is a must!!!
3:Kona Cafe (dinner) - never been
4:Boma (dinner) - have only been for breakfast, and it is losing its appeal
5:Crystal Palace (lunch) - have only been for breakfast

Just had a great dinner in early May at the Coral Reef. I had the Shrimp and Grits and it was fabulous, but just a little spicy from the Adouille? sausage if that is a problem for you.
we have reservations there this fall. ihope the shrimp and grits are still great!

Kona Cafe - I like the Pork Chop but I ask for it without the coffee rub on it and of course the banana creme brule is my favorite
Liberty Tree - I like the Colony Salad and if its cooler weather the beef soup if they have it. The ooey gooey cake for dessert is great
Coral Reef - Two weeks ago I had the seafood scampi and had some of dh chocolate wave. I have also had the steak and mahi mahi in the past and both were good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter