• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please read if you've done 7 day Western...heartbroken family needs your help

UGH! Reading that it is a Fugi changes things. They are the most difficult cameras to get repaired...and the most expensive. I am sorry that this has happened but logan1 is right. We had our camera stolen on the train on our way down to WDW. It was our family's first train trip. We had all the cute pictures of the train station & the kids during the ride...all were gone. DD drew pictures of us on the train when we were traveling. One of those ended up being the focus of the scrapbook pages for our trip down along with a journal entry.

DH felt terrible after he dropped our camera in the water at the end of the bike trail on CC the last day of our cruise. The camera was fried but the SD card was good. Friends of ours on the cruise had also lost their camera when one of them fell off the pier with it in their backpack earlier in the week. You should be able to get many pictures from DISers who were on the ship with you. I hope that you are successful in putting together a nice album to remember your cruise with. :)

Sorry to hear about your lose pentex. I sent you a PM letting you know that my husband does these kind of things thru his own company. And like i said, i hope anyone who is able to help you can get your pictures back they are priceless :)

I wish you luck in somehow retrieving them. I sort of know how you feel. Last summer we went to a small resort island w/ our then 9 mos DD. On day 3, I left the camera at a rest. for breakfast. We realized it around 6 and stopped in. Nope, no camera. We then ran into our waitress later that night and she described the bag and said "Yep, it was on the chair and now behind the counter." So back we went...still no camera. Here it was that waitresses last day and she was leaving the island, etc. etc. Talked to the owner or rest., still no camera. So basically an employee stole it. Grrrr!!! There were some irreplaceable pics on it, and then all the pics we couldn't take. We did get some on my cell phone camera and could've bought a disposable, but they kept telling us to come back the next day to check on the camera and we really had high hopes that it would've been put in a "safe" place. So, I really hope you can get those pics back. I know how heartbreaking it can be. :wizard:

I'm no digital camera expert, but dropping the camera should not have errased the photos on the memory stick.
Take it to Wal-Mart or any place that makes prints from memory sticks, ALL your photos should still be there.
The camera may be toast, but unless the memory stick itself was crushed, all the photos should be there.

To the OP:
I know how you feel. My XD card just stopped working and shows no photos on it, even when brought to a camera store.
I haven't been able to find anyone to fix an XD card (for an Olympus camera). I saved the card in the hopes that the technology gets better and I can get my 100 plus pictures back someday.
Now I am neurotic about uploading photos to my PC and making CDRs every time I take a group of photos.

I am so sorry but sure you can recover them as others have mentioned. I carry 3 SD memory cards and swap them out often during out vacations to avoid things just like this. My camera has a date time stamp on it so I can keep then in order when I have them printed...smjj

Please bump Update: we took the card to two special photo places today and neither could recover photos at first try with special software. One guy is going to try another software and get back to us by early next week but said not to get our hopes up....has this happened to any of you with success, i.e. first not getting success and then a second try working?

Our greatest thanks to all of you who responded...we are putting together a great album and you are so sweet to help. I just wish it had some of our faces amongst your lovely places.

Joan

Like I said, take it to drive savers. They pretty much guarantee that they will be able to pull data off of it. I'm a little worried, though, because if you have other people mess with it, they may put it into a state where nothing would be retrieved. If it was valuable enough to me, i'd pay the money and send it to professionals that do this for a living. "Special Software" is not going to do it. Drivesavers will open it up and read the raw data off of the card. Good luck.

I know of woman that accidentally DELETED all of the photos from her camera. Before you do anything else with the camera bring it to a pro! They may still be able to get the photos. Good Luck
Holly

pentex said:
Our family our 4 went on the Magic to Western Caribbean from July 15-22. This was the trip of our lifetime, something we saved for and looked forward to for a very, very long time. Something terrible has happened that has broken our hearts. You may be able to help us so please, please read on. To make it short, on the last night of the cruise, our secondary server accicentally dropped our digital camera after he insisted on getting all of us in a photo (I had only wanted my youngest daughter in the photo with the main server). The camera bounced off the chair and hit the floor. Both servers were very apologetic as I checked that no physical damage was done, i.e flash broken off, chip fell out, etc. To make a long story short, we learned the next time we turned it on that ALL of our photos are gone...we had went to WDW afterwards and their photo experts confirmed this but no-one offered us a bit of help. We are so down--every memory is gone.

If you have recently went on this cruise, maybe you could help us recreate a bit of a photo album, i.e.:
Scenery photos of Grand Cayman, Cataway Cay, Cozumel, KeyWest..
Photos (w/o people of course) of the ship, its decks, restaurants, clubs, pools, etc.
Characters
Captain
Turtle farm (this particularly is making my youngest upset)
Flying Dutchman @ Castaway Cay
Stack club for teens

Maybe you could do a good deed for a heartbroken family and e-mail any of those photos to me at pentek@optonline.net ?

I realize this would take time for you but it would mean so, so much to a good family so please try to help.

From,
Joan, Steve & girls :( :( :( :(

We will be going on Disney Magic on 8/26. If there are any pics that you still need that you haven't received yet, please let me know and I will be MOST happy to get them for you! My heart goes out to you!!!!!

Curious to see if you were able to get the pictures retrieved. Did disney ever contact you back in regards to the shutters pictures? Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter