Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

We were in DHS today, and used the MDE/Genie app for scheduling DAS return times. It was so easy, and much nicer than having to walk to the attraction entrance or a 'blue umbrella' Guest Information location. As soon as we tapped into the park, we stepped aside and opened the app, pulled up the ride we wanted and scheduled our return time. The app will show you the current return time for any given ride, and you can decide if you want it, or you can decline and schedule something different instead. When using the LL, we did not run into any delays or longer waits -- only a handful more guests were in LL for the attractions we experienced this morning (SDD & MMRR). As soon as we finished our first DAS attraction, we re-opened the app and scheduled the next one. We did not try to ride the same attraction multiple times, but a family ahead of us at MMRR were, based on their conversation and the CMs welcoming them back, riding the same attraction repeatedly... so it should be possible, but may or may not require obtaining additional/repeat return times from a CM.

We were in DHS today, and used the MDE/Genie app for scheduling DAS return times. It was so easy, and much nicer than having to walk to the attraction entrance or a 'blue umbrella' Guest Information location. As soon as we tapped into the park, we stepped aside and opened the app, pulled up the ride we wanted and scheduled our return time. The app will show you the current return time for any given ride, and you can decide if you want it, or you can decline and schedule something different instead. When using the LL, we did not run into any delays or longer waits -- only a handful more guests were in LL for the attractions we experienced this morning (SDD & MMRR). As soon as we finished our first DAS attraction, we re-opened the app and scheduled the next one. We did not try to ride the same attraction multiple times, but a family ahead of us at MMRR were, based on their conversation and the CMs welcoming them back, riding the same attraction repeatedly... so it should be possible, but may or may not require obtaining additional/repeat return times from a CM.

I'm so glad to hear it went well for you! The reports yesterday weren't great. Did you notice if you could book DAS return times from anyone in the group's MDE app or just the DAS holder?

For those asking if you can use DAS for an attraction more then once the answer is yes.
AK today did FOP and it was available again to book if I wanted too.
I also asked at the blue umbrella and they said no limit on repeating an attraction.
When you say “available again” -do you mean that you could’ve booked a return time via the app yourself?

well I spent to morning in the magic kingdom and I have to say the new DAS system is absolutely amazing, being able to just get your times from the app is so helpful. Once you get into the park a das button will show up in menu you get from pressing the button on the bottom left. From there you just pick your attraction and you go. You can only see to get a DAS once for each attraction and I did have an issue where my das button disappeared but it showed back up after closing out the app.
Where do i go on the app to do all this? I can see where my 2 pre saved from prior registrations are but where do we go to pick options for the day and what is it that we show cast members on device that he has a DAS?

I don’t know if this has been asked but can you ride the same ride more than once in a day with your DAS? For example, can you get a DAS for Peter Pan at 10am and say you want to ride it again at 6pm? I know with Genie+ you can only get one ride on the ride per day unless you want to wait in standby.

I don’t know if this has been asked but can you ride the same ride more than once in a day with your DAS? For example, can you get a DAS for Peter Pan at 10am and say you want to ride it again at 6pm? I know with Genie+ you can only get one ride on the ride per day unless you want to wait in standby.
I believe you can you just have to go to the ride or blue umbrella

Where do i go on the app to do all this? I can see where my 2 pre saved from prior registrations are but where do we go to pick options for the day and what is it that we show cast members on device that he has a DAS?
This post and the one after it on the DAS update thread stuck to the top of this board tell where to find it on the My Disney Experience app. NOTE: you won’t be able to see the part that allows you to make DAS Return Times yourself on the app until you are in the park.
Summary of new DAS changes

To make a DAS Return Time with a CM at the attraction or one of the Guest Services umbrellas, you just tell the CM you want to make a DAS Return Time. Some of the busier attractions will actually have a sign that lets you know where to go.
If The CM you ask is not the correct one, they will direct you.
The CM will scan your Magicband or ticket with an iPad. From that, the CM can see the members of your group and which person is the DAS holder. You will be asked which people in your group should be included in the DAS Return Time.

I answered this a few posts above.
Yes

I'm so glad to hear it went well for you! The reports yesterday weren't great. Did you notice if you could book DAS return times from anyone in the group's MDE app or just the DAS holder?

I am the DAS holder, but all of our DAS returns were booked using my husband's phone & MDE app (we are linked in the same party on MDE)... and it allowed him to select the DAS, but then asked which party members would be riding with me, so we 'added' him along with me for the return times. So yes, anyone in your linked party that includes a DAS holder should be able to schedule your next return time via the app.

We went back to DHS later this evening with all three family members and rode ROTR using DAS return time. Again, was easy to select an attraction and obtain a return time via the app after we had all tapped back into the park. We did not run into any problems regarding sharing the queue with ILLS guests, and the few additional paid guests did not prolong our wait time once in the actual line. At least for us today, there wasn't any issue at ROTR and we walked right through the queue and directly into the pre-show room.

There were a lot of general issues with DAS Return Times BOOKING on the app and general use of Genie.
I‘ve seen posts from yesterday where people could not book DAS Return Times from the app in the morning, but it cleared up in the afternoon.

I‘ve also seen posts that guests had a lot of confusion regarding when to come to the attraction after purchasing Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane. Apparently, a fair number of people did NOT understand you need to choose a time and return at that time. There were also people waiting at the attraction for their time to come - that happened with Fastpass too; people with future times would be blocking the entrance, preventing guests with ‘present times’ from getting to the entrance and making the wait look longer.
Some also apparently did not have the purchase show up correctly.

There were a lot of general issues with DAS Return Times BOOKING on the app and general use of Genie.
I‘ve seen posts from yesterday where people could not book DAS Return Times from the app in the morning, but it cleared up in the afternoon.

I‘ve also seen posts that guests had a lot of confusion regarding when to come to the attraction after purchasing Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane. Apparently, a fair number of people did NOT understand you need to choose a time and return at that time. There were also people waiting at the attraction for their time to come - that happened with Fastpass too; people with future times would be blocking the entrance, preventing guests with ‘present times’ from getting to the entrance and making the wait look longer.
Some also apparently did not have the purchase show up correctly.
Yikes. You just have to wonder sometimes. 🙄

Thank you to everyone for their helpful information! For those who have used DAS in the parks and booked return times on the MDE app, I have two questions:
1. Has the return time through the app been the exact number of minutes of the current wait time for that particular attraction?
2. Are there two tap in Mickey points in most of the Lightning Lanes?
Thanks in advance!

Something I am still not clear on - I video chatted and preregistered one of my kids for DAS as well as our 2 rides per park day. When I open MyDisneyExperience I can't find anyplace or anything that says we have a DAS pass. I can see the preselected attractions under each park and day but that is it. Am I supposed to be able to look on my app and see that yes indeed XXX child has a DAS ready to go?

Something I am still not clear on - I video chatted and preregistered one of my kids for DAS as well as our 2 rides per park day. When I open MyDisneyExperience I can't find anyplace or anything that says we have a DAS pass. I can see the preselected attractions under each park and day but that is it. Am I supposed to be able to look on my app and see that yes indeed XXX child has a DAS ready to go?

You have to be at WDW, in the park, having tapped in using your ticket (the guest with DAS has to be there too, I would hope!) for it to show up.

Do mine train and space show up on the app for das or do you have to do those at the ride?

Do mine train and space show up on the app for das or do you have to do those at the ride?
Assuming the app is working properly, you should be able to get the DAS Return Time for those rides in the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter