• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

please help

wdwgirl4ever

Forever a Disney Girl
okay so on my next fall break next year my mom and i have planned to go to disney on our first ever mother/ daughter trip. we have been many times before, but not just the two of us. well, until yesterday i was excited dreaming about this trip and everything. with me and my mom for 7 days, it would cost mayube $2,000(somewhere around there) to go. but in my history class yesterday, my teacher had to tell us something that would make my mind spin forever. she told us that she was planning a trip for us( if we wanted to go. only 40 spots) to new york city for 3 days. we would go to rockefeller center, St. patricks cathedral, trump tower, be in the audience for the early show one day, see a broadway show, times square, central park, world trade center site, and a little more for $1300. i have never been to new york city, so that would be so cool because that is a once in a lifetime chance for me. the problem is i REALLY wanna go to disney with my mom, but i also want to go to new york city REALLY bad. at disney i would be with my mom(who i love to hang out with), and new york city with a couple friends, my history teacher, and my dad probably. if i were you, which place would you go? i might never get to go to disney with just my mom again, and maybe i will get to go to new york one day. my heart says disney, and so does the money( if you include the parent coming along). but new york would be a great experience for education, and whatever else you wanna think of it. please help me decide where to go!!!!!:confused3:confused3

I would say Disney because it is only 700 dollars more for 4 extra days and you are gonna have a great time with your mom. You can always go to NYC a different time plus if you go to NYC you might hurt your moms feelings

Always follow your heart. New York is not going anywhere and Someday (not to be morbid) your parents will not. Just something to consider. If it was a choice between a Daddy/Daughter trip or a mother/daughter trip this could be a hard decision. But family time is priceless.

I can see wanting to go both places and whatever you decide I know will be the right decision for you.

Just saying your heart will never steer you wrong

I agree with the other posters. Spend the quality time with your mother and know that NYC will always be there should you wish to go in a few years time. :thumbsup2

I'd go to New York City, especially considering you've been to disney many times. A lot of the things you said you'd be doing in NYC are once in a lifetime kinds of things.

i would talk to your mom about it.

Have you told your mom about it?

If i was you i would go to Disney, because you still have time to grow up and go to NYC but like your not always going to be invited to Disney with your mom. But also vis versa....

but like everyone one else said, go with your heart.... tthis is a very hard decison so just really think about it....

Good luck and hope you don't regret your decision!!pixiedust:

Have Fun!!

thanks everyone. it definitely is a hard decision to make. i think i have decided to got to disney with my mom because yes, she will not always be there but new york will. thanks so much guys :hug::hug:

DISNEY

Due to the point, I'd be spending the time with my mom.
One day I won't be at home so spending time is what counts.
New York isn't going anywhere.

Oooh thats a tough decision. I love both places for different reasons. If you would have another opportunity to go to WDW, then I would pick NYC.

But you should discuss it with your mom.

I would say to go to Disney with your mom... family is really important to me, and if i had the choice, i would definitely choose to go with my mom... most of those things in new york aren't that hard to do (rockefeller center, world trade center site, the cathedral.. you get the idea) ... but i guess it depends on how important family is to you... hope this is helpful!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter