Please help confirm popup/tent site details?

ramatae

°o°
Hello,

We are regular campers preparing for our first trip to the Fort, and we are so excited! I'm making our packing list, I haven't been able to find whether the pads for the tent/pop up sites have all been converted to gravel, or if there are some that are still sand. I read somewhere that they were changing--maybe that isn't right? Can anyone confirm this for us, please? I'm thinking if there are still sites with sand pads, we should probably buy some sand stakes for our tent and canopy (and also to prepare for sand getting everywhere). Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I can’t speak to the 2000 loop but all the tent sites on the 1500 loop were gravel last week.

I can't say about 2000 either but it's been a while since the coquina (like crushed shells) was replaced - about 2 yrs. But it's hard clay/dirt a few inches under the gravel. No special stakes required IMO.

Bama Ed

Hello,

We are regular campers preparing for our first trip to the Fort, and we are so excited! I'm making our packing list, I haven't been able to find whether the pads for the tent/pop up sites have all been converted to gravel, or if there are some that are still sand. I read somewhere that they were changing--maybe that isn't right? Can anyone confirm this for us, please? I'm thinking if there are still sites with sand pads, we should probably buy some sand stakes for our tent and canopy (and also to prepare for sand getting everywhere). Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
You should always have the sand stakes anyway, more so at disney as the weather changes on a dime. You dont want to be the guy that has the awning ripped off because they were at the park. Tie it down, use stakes, or the picnic table, or take it down if your gone for a bit.

You should always have the sand stakes anyway, more so at disney as the weather changes on a dime. You dont want to be the guy that has the awning ripped off because they were at the park. Tie it down, use stakes, or the picnic table, or take it down if your gone for a bit.

Thank you!

I was in the 2100 loop last week and all the pads are gravel. I'm ready to go back!!

We pulled our small trailer and stayed in a tent site because nothing else was available. We needed to dump during our trip and were allowed to pull into a vacated full hookup. The Fort has amazing customer service.

I love the 2100 loop! We found a shortcut to the meadows and dog park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter