Please fix splash mountain

I love Splash Mountain, the songs, and the theme. I hope they never change it!

When I was at WDW in November, I rode it 3 times and did see a few logs getting stuck near the end in one spot in particular. But that may have been because it was quite cool, and usually when it's that cold, Disney lowers the water level so people don't get so wet on the ride.

I think the PPs have sufficiently addressed the OPs suggestion about retheming Splash Mountain. As for maintenance, this ride goes down for refurb almost every year in January. It is an extremely complex attraction, and I don't know of anyone who could expect something like this to run all day every day without any breakdowns of any kind. Stuff happens. The fact that they can fix breakdowns as quickly as they do does them credit. We rode it three times yesterday without incident. And it looked great. All the effects seemed to be working properly, as were all of the audio animatronics.

i don't even know here to start!
- 1st of all many many many people/kids have seen Song of the South.. It is still sold outside the U.S.!
As well as books, plush, and other merchandise.

I know that 90% of Americas will most likely never see the movie. :sad2:
However WDW has many guest from all over the world.
And for those of us who are lucky enough to get a copy on dvd:woohoo:, I know it one of my most borrowed movies!

Moving on..... Splash mt. Is The MOST popular ride in all of the disney parks. According to the disney parks documentary dvd series. Released recently.
Why in heavens would disney want to re-theme there most popular ride!?!?:confused3
If you thought the black lash of getting rid of mr. Toad was bad, just let disney try it with splash mt. :scared:

I have a better idea, persuade Disney to remaster and release SONG OF THE SOUTH under their Disney Treasures banner. I understand it portrays sensitive racial themes and isn't deemed P.C, but it is a movie that represents the era in which it was made. Preface the movie with an introduction explaining the history of the film and the time in which it was made. It will probably never win a new generation of young fans but at least it will give Splash mountain some modern context and it will preserve an important part of Disney's history that has been swept under the rug for far too long.

at the same time , whilst the characters maybe unfamiliar to many, the ride story is still entertaining and easy to follow

"i don't even know here to start!
- 1st of all many many many people/kids have seen Song of the South.. It is still sold outside the U.S.!
As well as books, plush, and other merchandise."

as far as I'm aware the film's last official release anywhere in the world was on the Laser Disc format at least 20 years ago.

I'll estimate that I've been down Splash Mountain at WDW 25 times. Out of those 25 times, I think I've only been through smoothly, with no stops or interruptions, twice. As for all animatronics and the water features working, I'll say twice to be fair, but I'm pretty sure it's only been once. We actually make a fun game out of it, (pointing out what isn't working that is.) We turn those lemons into lemonade.

Re-theme Splash Mountain????

I know- they could make part of the water a frozen pond and......

slinking away quietly before someone sees me.....

Don't know if it was mentioned yet .... But MOST of the time when it stops and you hear "Brer Bear and Brer Fox are causing some commotion up ahead" it means they are helping someone in a wheelchair or with some other difficulty into or out of the ride. That's not going to change...

Well, kids cannot see the splash mountain based movie, song of the south, since it is considered racist and will not ever be shown again. I am not sure why you would continue to base a ride on movie that is offensive.

Have you seen Peter Pan lately? Try getting that portrayal of Native Americans through production today.

Or Dumbo? "But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything..."

No need to fix something that is not broken. Slash mountain is great and as pointed out, like so many rides in many parks, most of those short stops are to help people with disabilities, etc.

Often the rides have to be stopped to get people with disabilities on and off. We would be horrified if they changed Splash Mountain. The last thing I want to see is a Starbucks logo on the front of each log.

And while they are at it, they should retheme it to a show/movie that they can watch or they should put out a newer version. Similar to who Framed Roger Rabbit, which kids have no clue what that is about (at least you can rent that movie).
kpNgRMW.gif

Splash is my most favorite, I love the theming, just the way it is, music, characters, story and all! If people think kids can't get any enjoyment out of splash just because they can't connect it to a modern movie tie in, that's sad because its magical just the way it is.

Disney should Keep Splash the classic it is, maintained in good condition AND build other newer rides with modern movie themes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter