Please explain Photo Pass

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
I've read bits and pieces of information on the Photo Pass. How new is this? I don't remember seeing info about it on our trip last year? Can you please explain the details - and post any available discounts.

No, they didn't have it last year. When they take your picture anywhere in the parks, they give you a PhotoPass. You can keep it with you & give it to them each time & all your pics will be on one card. When you get home, go to www. disneyphotopass.com and enter the number on the back of your card and you can view all of your pictures. You can buy what you want, but they aren't cheap (but what is at WDW?). I think it said your pictures will be available for 30 days, but I'm not absolutely sure.
I love it, it's much better & more convenient than the old system. :cheer2:
If anyone knows of any discounts, please post them. I'll be placing my order soon. :flower:

We went to WDW in November and there was no Photo Pass. We just returned from a two week trip and used photo pass to great success. So I think it's fairly new. The photographers in the parks still hang out at picturesque spots around the parks and Character meets and the first time you ask one to take your picture they give you a little plastic card that has your account number on it. Every time you get your picture taken the photographer swipes the card and it's available for viewing within an hour at the photo shops in each park. We did not view them in the parks because we found out that you couldn't view Epcot photos in MGM. They don't cross parks but you can view all of the photos online and purchase them from the comfort of home within 30 days of having them taken. The website is on the card. If you want to crop the photos or make any changes to them you have to do that in the parks. We really liked it because we did'nt have to lug around cameras and since it is just DH and myself we finally have pictures of us together with the characters. I didn't see any thing about discounts-but I was not looking. Well I did look in my passporter when I brought my annual pass but I don't remember seeing anything on photopass.

When we were there in January we got a Photo Pass at MGM (for whatever reason nobody took our pic at Magic Kingdom). We kept the card with us all day, and each photographer "swiped" the card when they took our pics. At the end of the day we went to the shop near the entrance and they pulled up all of our pictures so we could choose and have them printed right there. We didn't want to mess with doing it at home.

At Epcot we used the same card - again each photographer "swiped" the card and at the end of the day we viewed and purchased our photos at the shop near the entrance. Although the photos are all on the same card only the pictures from the park you are in will come up.

We just kept the Photo Pass card in the holder with our park passes and it was terrific. I was very pleased to be able to view/purchase the photos in the parks because I didn't want to order them from home.

The only discount I have seen was on the Disney website - some of the packages include a "free" 5x7 voucher. I think the 5x7 we bought at the park was about $12.95.

We were there in Oct and was handed a card to swipe with each picture that was taken. I'm not sure if that is the same thing your refering to.

I saw on the Disney Visa Card website that they are offering 20% off of your entire order if you are a Disney Visa Card holder! :cool1:

Is it easy to spot the WDW photographers? Are they available with ALL the characters or just some? When you view your photos at the park, is it a self editing program, or do you have to have one of the CMs do it for you? What size photographs are available?

This sounds so convenient and great, especially the Disney Visa discount! But my only question is on shipping charge? That may be the deal breaker for me on whether I'd buy them down at Disney on online when I get home, although the 20% helps offset some of the shipping charges I'd think.

Anyone know about the shipping?

* Standard shipping $1.99 (I ordered 12 prints and this amount remained the same)
* 5 x 7's - $12.95
* 8 x 10's - $16.95
* 4 wallets - $12.95
* No cost for the Photo Pass card or cards, no cost to view them online, no obligation to buy, and they remain online about 60 days after you first view them.
* They are not linked with ride photos (at this time).
* They are not available at all Character Meet & Greets, only those with a photographer there taking photos.
* Yes, the photographers are easy to spot - if you are interested, you will have no trouble.

Hope that helps!

SnoWhiteRabbit said:
*They are not available at all Character Meet & Greets, only those with a photographer there taking photos.

Let me elaborate on this from my above post...

When we entered the parks, we would often encounter many characters available for autographs and photos (on Main Street, etc.), but they were not accompanied by photgraphers. At the specific Meet & Greet locations that we went to, there were photographers available. Off hand, I'm thinking of Monsters, Inc. & Toy Sotry in MGM, Ariel's Grotto and Toontown in MK, Camp Minnie Mickey in AK...

HTH!

ncbyrne said:
Will the photographers be willing to take pictures with our camera as well?

Yes, for the most part. We had our picture take with Mickey at MGM and there was a Disney photographer there. He took a picture with the Disney camera and then Mickey's assistant (handles the line etc...) was very happy to take a picture for us.

But if it's one of those photographers on Main Street with a Disney camera, I wouldn't ask them to also take a picture with our camera.

Can anyone use the photopass or is it only available to those booking a package or staying onsite?

MagicalMom said:
Can anyone use the photopass or is it only available to those booking a package or staying onsite?

It's open to anyone who gets a picture taken. The photographer will give you the card.

beattyfamily said:
It's open to anyone who gets a picture taken. The photographer will give you the card.

That's great news! Thanks! :)

To AP holders...there is a photopass card in your Mickey Monitor for this quarter. It says to take the card with you when you go and the CM can swipe it for your photos. As an AP holder you get 50% off 4 of your pictures. A pretty sweet deal. This offer expires May 31th. So if you current AP holders out there haven't gotten your MM, you might want to watch for it. I got mine yesterday (Monday 2/14/05).

I also read there is a 20% discount with Visa. There is a code you must use for this discount. It's floating around in another thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter