Please explain Jedi Training Academy

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all!

I've gone through previous posts and want to try to have my son experience JTA.

Please help:

1) where is the actual sign up for this experience?
2) do I have to get there early to sign up?
3) not a silly question, but can we do TSMM first? or will the JTA spots fill up fast?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I've gone through previous posts and want to try to have my son experience JTA.

Please help:

1) where is the actual sign up for this experience?
2) do I have to get there early to sign up?
3) not a silly question, but can we do TSMM first? or will the JTA spots fill up fast?

Thanks!

3) Sign up FIRST.

1 & 2) How to sign up for Jedi Training:

NOTE: As of recently, DHS has been actually opening to guests (unannounced) at about 8:30-8:45AM (or so) on days when the published opening time is 9AM.
I'd plan on arriving at DHS -at least- by 8:15 so as to be in a better position to enter the park when the gates open to sign up for Jedi Training and to grab TSM FP's.

On AM EMH days, I'd be there by 7:45 or earlier (if you are a WDW Resort guest.)

Arrive well before park opening time.
When you get inside, take the child with you to the sign-up area.**

Note: You do not need your park tickets to sign up for Jedi Training so,
if another member of your party is available, you can send that person
(along with ALL of your park tickets) over to grab FP's for TSM
while you and the Jedi candidate child head for the sign-up.

You'll get a time for the child to return to the Jedi stage and participate.

**Sign-ups will be either just past Hollywood & Vine Restaurant, or at the Sounds Dangerous entrance (even inside the Sounds Dangerous building,) or at the Jedi Stage.
Look for the sign-up area, in the order of the above, until you find it.

DHS-Ctr-031310.jpg

Robo said:
3) Sign up FIRST.

1 & 2) How to sign up for Jedi Training:

NOTE: As of recently, DHS has been actually opening to guests (unannounced) at about 8:30-8:45AM (or so) on days when the published opening time is 9AM.
I'd plan on arriving at DHS -at least- by 8:15 so as to be in a better position to enter the park when the gates open to sign up for Jedi Training and to grab TSM FP's.

On AM EMH days, I'd be there by 7:45 or earlier (if you are a WDW Resort guest.)

Arrive well before park opening time.
When you get inside, take the child with you to the sign-up area.**

Note: You do not need your park tickets to sign up for Jedi Training so,
if another member of your party is available, you can send that person
(along with ALL of your park tickets) over to grab FP's for TSM
while you and the Jedi candidate child head for the sign-up.

You'll get a time for the child to return to the Jedi stage and participate.

**Sign-ups will be either just past Hollywood & Vine Restaurant, or at the Sounds Dangerous entrance (even inside the Sounds Dangerous building,) or at the Jedi Stage.
Look for the sign-up area, in the order of the above, until you find it.

Robo you're the best as usual, thanks!

Remember that Jedi Training is first come, first served, and they only take about fifteen kids per show. If you go anywhere else first, you may find that there are no slots left for the day. If this is a must do, head here first.

t_catt11 said:
Remember that Jedi Training is first come, first served, and they only take about fifteen kids per show. If you go anywhere else first, you may find that there are no slots left for the day. If this is a must do, head here first.

The last time we went, we signed up in the afternoon with no problem, but I guess this time, since both of my boys can do it, I will make sure to sign up right away. When I was there for the day last month, they also have a photo pass experience as you are walking in to the ride. The kids dress in the robes and they take their pictures fighting characters. My boys are so excited about doing that!

The last time we went, we signed up in the afternoon with no problem, but I guess this time, since both of my boys can do it, I will make sure to sign up right away. When I was there for the day last month, they also have a photo pass experience as you are walking in to the ride. The kids dress in the robes and they take their pictures fighting characters. My boys are so excited about doing that!

There are exceptions, of course. Just saying that if you want to guarantee a time, you need to go there first.

How does this change on an emh morning?

Will they start giving out times at 8:00 or will we be waiting in line until 9:00?

thanks

How does this change on an emh morning?

Will they start giving out times at 8:00 or will we be waiting in line until 9:00?

thanks

There will often be a line of Jedi hopefuls and their parent(s) forming at the start of AM EMH.

How early the CM's will start the actual signing can vary.

My little brother did it and and it was pretty cool, basically it was some kids go up on a stage and there is a jedi that gives them a cape and a lightsaber, and trains them and then at the end the kids fight darth vader, and then get a diploma telling them the fought Darth Vader:happytv:

Question for Robo and maybe others: you gave a comprehensive list of possible sign up locations. Is it possible to ask a CM at the gates where sign up is for the day?

A first time family going with us in a couple of months want their DS to do JTA. The plan is for a parent to take DS to JTA sign up while the rest of us go to TSM. It would be nice to know while at the gate where sign up is since they will be entering the park for the first time and trying to find where they are going.

One more question: you said sign up could be just past H&V. Can you be more specific? Do you mean at a outdoor kiosk between H&V and 50sPTC or somewhere else?

Question for Robo and maybe others: you gave a comprehensive list of possible sign up locations.

1- Is it possible to ask a CM at the gates where sign up is for the day?

A first time family going with us in a couple of months want their DS to do JTA.

2-The plan is for a parent to take DS to JTA sign up while the rest of us go to TSM.

3- It would be nice to know while at the gate where sign up is since they will be entering the park for the first time and trying to find where they are going.

One more question: you said sign up could be just past H&V.
Can you be more specific?

4- Do you mean at a outdoor kiosk between H&V and 50sPTC or

5- somewhere else?

1 & 3- You can always ask.
The likelihood of that CM giving accurate information is questionable.
The problem is exacerbated by too many occasions where CM's will "guess."

2- Yup. Sounds good.

4- Yes.

5- Could be somewhere else, too.

They have had multiple locations for sign-up over the past year.
If I try to tell you exactly where it "will be," I'll stand a chance of leading you astray.

The reason that I gave an order of where to look is that you don't want to
walk right by looking for a spot farther away.

Robo- I appreciate your knowledge and the kind spirit with which you share. I guess I should tell my friend "go by H&V, if you don't see a kiosk, go by Sounds Dangerous, if there is not a sign outside, go to the stage next to Star Tours." Does that sound right?

We don't care if his DS is early in the day, we just want to insure he gets sign up for one of the slots.

It is worth signing up and as most said do so early. Think there are two shows. We went after our TSM ride and were okay but went around 11 first time and got last slot. Son did it twice, youngest daughter did once. Some of best photos of trip were son fighting Vader and daughter with blue face painting (not part of JTA, paid for it separate) in Jedi robes holding light saber. In April sign up was at dangerous sounds building across from Indiana Jones.

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

My son did it back when you were randomly picked out of the audience.

He loved it.

20090606038c.jpg

but he could not understand why - after all that training - that he could not move his french fries with just the power of his mind.

2009060117.jpg

1- Robo- I appreciate your knowledge and the kind spirit with which you share.

2- I guess I should tell my friend "go by H&V, if you don't see a kiosk, go by Sounds Dangerous, if there is not a sign outside, go to the stage next to Star Tours." Does that sound right?

3- We don't care if his DS is early in the day, we just want to insure he gets sign up for one of the slots.

1-Thank YOU for the kind words.

2- Yes, that's exactly my point.
(BTW, I am inclined to think that it WILL be at (the former) Sounds Dangerous,
but you just never can tell what Disney will do, day-to-day.)

3- If you/they arrive before the gates open and head directly to the
check-in spot wherever it may be (and, they WILL be able to find it in time)
the sign-up is assured.

When we did this last September we went to the left after going through the turnstiles (we were first ones in) and a CM directed all of us wanting to sign up for JT to sit at the tables by Echo Lake. We waited for about 15 minutes before the CM's announced sign ups were starting. By the time we got in line there were 8 or 9 kids in front of us. We still got the first show so no big deal but I wanted to let you know how our experience was because if it was a busier day it could get crazy trying to get the first show. So long story short, if the CMs direct you to wait before signing up be sure to hang out towards the left side of the lake and look for the official sign up place. In our case it was a small card table the CM had set up.

When we did this last September we went to the left after going through the turnstiles (we were first ones in) and a CM directed all of us wanting to sign up for JT to sit at the tables by Echo Lake. We waited for about 15 minutes before the CM's announced sign ups were starting. By the time we got in line there were 8 or 9 kids in front of us. We still got the first show so no big deal but I wanted to let you know how our experience was because if it was a busier day it could get crazy trying to get the first show. So long story short, if the CMs direct you to wait before signing up be sure to hang out towards the left side of the lake and look for the official sign up place. In our case it was a small card table the CM had set up.

Yes.
That is one of the scenarios to which I alluded in my long explanation of
where to find the sign-up CM's.

It's not exactly in a specific place that can be described.
Just be on the lookout for CM's and signs for Jedi Training Academy.

Why the heck they don't just KEEP the sign-up in one place (like near the Jedi Stage, I have no idea.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter