• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please explain " A credit of xx will be applied to your hotel account.

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Hi for the first time "changed" our room only reservation online and reduced the rate to the current special. I was assuming they would credit my CC.. But I stated a credit applied to hotel account.

Does this mean I cannot get the difference paid out?

Not really a bad thing if we HAVE to use it on our room account as we are planning to spend that much anyways...

I've never had Disney refund my credit card when I've been able to apply a discount. You owe them the full amount so they aren't likely to give money back too easily. ;)

If you really want the difference returned to you then I suppose you could cancel your original reservation and make a brand new one.

I've heard of them leaving a credit on a room account, usually when the guest will be checking in within the next couple of billing cycles. If you really need the money credited back to your card, you would have to call Disney to do it.

Any time we've had a credit, it was always given back to us on our credit card...never as a resort credit.

Well, they do return an overpayment to you if you had paid in full before check in and got a discount that resulted in an overpayment. But I understood the op to be referring to getting funds returned to them when they still had a balance due for their reservation.

I hadn't heard that they will refund money to you when you still have a balance due, but I could be wrong. :confused3

If your room is paid off they would give you a refund, but I've done RO all but one time and since it's not charged until the day you check in they just lessen your total amount by the discount, but keep your deposit the same, so no money 'returned' to my CC but a smaller total overall.

I wouldn't mind -- I usually wind up putting lots of charges on the room account anyway (food, drinks, t-shirts and the like).

Hi for the first time "changed" our room only reservation online and reduced the rate to the current special. I was assuming they would credit my CC.. But I stated a credit applied to hotel account.

Does this mean I cannot get the difference paid out?

Not really a bad thing if we HAVE to use it on our room account as we are planning to spend that much anyways...

When is your check in date?

A
When is your check in date?

August 27, 2015. One night, room only, family suite at AOA. Paid in full. Credit of 60 applied to hotel account. Not a big deal for us ( in our minds like having the DP for one nite). Was just surprised as I had assumed a CC credit. Curious ify stay was a week, then I'd want my difference credited just for the principle of it. May be an issue for others.

But I found the online process easy and fast at first I wanted to call as usually do, but wasnt in the mood. Online was super fast. Didnt know it existed that option to apply new rate.

One more thing. At first I was thinking cancel and re- book then I saw that option to adjust. Cancellong made me nervous as I didnt want to lose avail. Are you able to book a second room with same names as new rate ( completly new ressie) and then cancel?

Yup,credit to your card. I've checked my reservations twice since I made them in January and twice the discount was applied and my credit card was credited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter